This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot tax could save us

Colorado has made over 2 million dollars in tax money from the sale of recreational marijuana in just 1 month. If the trend continues, the legal sale of Mary Jane will bring them about 40 million dollars (this includes taxes on medical boo, too) this year.

Much of the money is earmarked for building schools, BUT there is so much money coming in that they don't quite know what to do with all the money.

I wish my state had that kind of problem... Detroit is bankrupt, and we are all poor here.

It's No Toke: Colorado Pulls In Millions In Marijuana Tax Revenue
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Pot tax could save us

Who would have thought that greed would make weed legal...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Is it really greed?

The people voted, it's what they want. The gooberment has finally accepted the choice of it's citizens.

States need money to operate, and they will tax to get it. It's better that people volunteer their money by buying a product they want (but don't need) than that they be forced to pay in some other way, like gasoline taxes, or taxes on baby diapers.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I only say greed because it could have been legal without a tax,but money talks and BS walks...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm happy that this is happening, it's an incentive for legalization worldwide. I do consider cannabis to be an intensely holy plant in the same fashion that MAOI, Harmalines and DMT containing Ayahuasca-used plants and Wachuma Cactus and cubensis mushrooms are held sacred to me.

Comment

I got high once. Didn't like it. Still don't know why people enjoy it... Mystery to me... I live in WA, wish marijuana would fix our money problems...

Comment

Weed is a funny thing,it makes some people VERY paranoid,other it has no effect on,and still others are allergic. One could also say the same thing about Booze..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
                I got high once. Didn't like it. Still don't know why people enjoy it... Mystery to me... I live in WA, wish marijuana would fix our money problems...
                The way that marijuana affects someone can vary fairly widely depending on that person's individual chemical, neurological, and psychological makeup. Besides that, there are actually many, many different strains of marijuana that can differ in all kinds of ways. Some people are more suited to enjoying it, some are not. It's cool either way.

Comment

Honestly because of my severe allergies to it I worry about what its going to turn into for me trying to go anywhere outside my house when whatever state I live in legalizes it as well. Last time I was around it I went into anaphylactic shock in under 4 minutes. Yes, it could help a lot of states out money wise taxing it, but still..... >_< Soooo not looking forward to it on a personal level.
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you don't have much to worry about. They've already ramped up the anti-smoking crap to a level to where most people probably won't be smoking it in large volumes in public or in enclosed spaces where you're not expecting it. Of course, I still think restaurants and bars should be able to regulate what takes place in their own establishment, but that's a topic for another time.

I'm certain the weed tax will be appropriated for other purposes under the auspices of fear, so the money won't actually be able to improve anything. Once people realize that the tax isn't helping, they won't be able to justify legalizing it and it'll be banned again. Or something. That just seems to be how these things go.

Comment

Oh heck, I misread this. I thought it said POLL tax...
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Imagines someone smoking Poll,or a polecat smoking and on fire.....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                        X