So happy to find this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to find this!

Hi all. I am Amber and I live in Oklahoma, surrounded by people who claim to be Christian. I am 37 years old and have been moving away from the Christian faith for the last five years, but really came to terms with my beliefs within the last year. I have very Pantheistic views and an interest in becoming a hedge witch. As I look back on my life I see that these beliefs have always been there. I had a very nature loving grandmother who taught me a lot of folklore and "old beliefs". However, she passed away suddenly when I was 13 and I think there was much more she would have taught me. She had been shunned out of a Pentecostal church when her children were young because she refused to make her daughters wear dresses in the cold.
    I have been reading a lot on witchcraft, Wicca, hedge riding, etc. There are a lot of extreme views and I find myself somewhere in the middle. I am fairly anti-ritual and dogma, so a coven with rules and ceremonies does not appeal to me. I find my sanctuary in my yard with my plants and the birds and the rocks. I am also very interested in herbs, oils and natural healing.
    There's much, much more I want to write here, but it's an intro so I'll keep it short. One more significant thing I want to mention though is my 16 year old son who is a Christian and very sincere and pure hearted in his beliefs. I actually raised him to be this way and it's what I prayed for when he was young. Now, as my beliefs differ from his, I do not want to discourage or dishearten him because he is in a great group of friends and he is a leader. His best friend since elementary school was actually killed 2 weeks ago in a car accident. It's been a rough two weeks but I have been so proud of him and his strength and ability to care for others while he hurts so much. But anyway, I could use some advice on handling a mixed belief household. I let my younger children attend church with him on occasion because I want to expose them to everything and not make anything "off limits". Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: So happy to find this!

Hey, welcome to the forums Amberlyn!

First off, I hope you like it here and you enjoy your time with us. Second off, I'm so sorry your son is having to deal with that pain .... He'll be in my prayers.

Third off, hello! I'm Malflick, and I'm in an interfaith relationship. I'm a Christian dating a Pagan woman. I don't know how much I can help, but I'll certainly be willing to do my best to give any advice I can .
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Welcome to the forum hon!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome Enjoy your stay. I would love to give advise, but as I live with a roommate who will NOT talk about religion I dont think I could be of much help.
        Click Meh!!

Comment

welcome. Interfaith households is kind of a can of worms type of deal, which can range anywhere from open communication and mutual acceptance to dogmatic and extremist perceptions that block the other person out. Really depends on the people involved.

Comment

Hi! Welcome

I'm so sorry for your son's loss; that's real rough, especially at that age.

In regards to your mixed religion household; I think as long as you encourage everyone to be open minded and accepting, everything should work out just fine

Comment

Working...
            X