• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where I live!

This is my homeland!

Isn't it spectacular!

The Great Lakes Are Even More Beautiful When They're Frozen

Can you see why I love this frozen hell?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: This is where I live!

Beautiful indeed! More so because I am sitting at a nice, warm computer and seeing it as a picture. :P

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

ooooh... aaah.... I actually got a tickle when I looked at those photos XD !

Comment

Our nation is a beautiful one.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Beautiful, I love it!

Comment

oh wow!! 8D amazing.... I live fairly close to lake Michigan. I've been too busy to go by and look at it though...
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

They didn't have pictures, but when the straights are frozen, the people who live on Mackinaw Island use their old Christmas trees to mark the trail over the ice from the island to Mackinaw City. The ferries can't run, so the have to use snowmobiles to get back & forth (Mackinaw Island doesn't allow automobiles - it's where the Christopher Reeve movie, Somewhere in Time, was filmed).
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for sharing these images. I just moved back to Michigan from Florida last November. I was born in Pontiac, but I was living most my life in Florida. Im much far south from you (Ann Arbor), but I find everywhere in Michigan is beautiful. This is an awesome state and it is filled with pagans and hippies haha.

Comment

I noticed that you were from Ann Arbor - that's a hugely great place to be, if you don't mind city life. A bunch of my family (sister & her family, & my dad) live there.

Originally, I'm from Detroit, though I've moved around a it in the state before settling in the great wild.

Comment

Yea the thing I love about Ann Arbor is you have the city and also so many places to go in nature. There are parks everywhere. Luckily I live outside of downtown Ann Arbor (although I do love downtown ann arbor). I noticed there are so many like minded people. I see many Wiccans and all sorts of religions here.

I like Detroit also even though it has a bad name to many people. No matter what bad things are said I know countless wonderful people from Detroit. In general I just love Michigan. It is strange because when I moved back I had to ask my cousin why Michigan is called 'Pure Michigan'. That is when I realized how natural and pure some parts of Michigan are (although some areas are under threat).

Comment

I live close to them, and I have a feeling to go and visit! They are absolutely gorgeous! However, the cold isn't getting here fast enough! Fall is by far the best season for me!

Comment

Working...
                      X