X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You can't be Pagan" list.

-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Re: "You can't be Pagan" list.

Oh my D: , kind of reminds of the "Isolated People" thread where some military pagans were having problems with that.

Comment

So I have detailed proofs of the fact that I'm not Pagan....

Awesome
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by White Wolf View Post
        I found this list on another Pagan forum. I thought it was amusing.

Well, I Guess That Means We’re Not Pagan After All…

Each of the items on this list has been told to at least one person as a reason they couldn’t be pagan; I have edited only to make the grammar match.
        makes me lmao

Comment

People are great

Comment

This is pretty much highschooler stuff. Most mature people, Pagans or not, aren't wasting their time making lists like this (not to mention, being pretty ignorant). Then again, there are some pretty immature mature people....hmmm... :devil:

Comment

What's this about alcohol "not being pagan"?

Who says so?

Comment

im probbly the youngest person on this forum and i think this goes beyond immature . and by those standards how can you be pagan?
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                  im probbly the youngest person on this forum and i think this goes beyond immature . and by those standards how can you be pagan?
                  These weren't all meant to go together. It's a compilation of "You can't be Pagan because..." from dozens of different places uttered by people with very different approaches to Paganism and then combined into a long list for the sake of cheap entertainment. Some of these are actually mutually contradictory if memory serves.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    These weren't all meant to go together. It's a compilation of "You can't be Pagan because..." from dozens of different places uttered by people with very different approaches to Paganism and then combined into a long list for the sake of cheap entertainment. Some of these are actually mutually contradictory if memory serves.
                    oh i got a little confused reading through the list sorry
                    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Some of these standards aren't even logical!
                      For instance, in order not to be angry ever, believing in UFOs or science, one should be something beyond human!!!! (You know I am looking at you, Sean)

So no, people can be pagans even if they get angry sometimes, believe in UFOs and science....

I took these examples only because I am too lazy to look for more. By the way, laziness is one more reason in the list for not being able to be pagan.

Anti-pagan communities are highly not appreciated.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

This is a LoL thread (in LOLs, Quizzes & Games). Not a serious one.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yeah, my mistake. A bit overreacted.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Here's a new one I just heard. You can't read tarot unless you're a gypsie/ only gypsies read tarot. By the way it's Roma or Rom, not gypsie.
                            Circe

Comment

Gypsy is a term mani romanies find offensive, honestly.

Comment

Working...
                              X