X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Struggling with spirituality big time

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
    The Russian prime minister threatened to turn the US into radioactive ash, and I'm a strong believer in the NWO conspiracy theories. The Great Seal on money is the seal of Lucifer (according to prophecy experts) which is giving the NWO more and more power to establish the one world government. I want to escape this country before it's too late, but I'm waiting for the word of the modern day prophet to move. I'm scared shitless, but apparently, the word to move will be loud and clear, and he'll have signs of God's authority just like Moses did, according to prophecy experts. Even if I can break out of my group home and leave, I have no idea how to convince my family to move with me, although then again, my stepfather is Christian, so God may use him to convince the rest of my family to move.
    Do we have a citation for the Russian PM threat? Shrug, regardless, the man is well aware of how such a scenario ends. As much as he may like the idea of killing the US, he isn't likely to feel like joining us in death and lobbing nukes at us will get the favor returned. Great lengths have been gone to on both sides of the Atlantic to guarantee that lobbing nukes ends badly. It's not a game Russia seriously wants to play. They are expansionist, they can be moderately unfriendly. They are not suicidal.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Although Revelations goes through great detail about America, such as being a coastal empire, with many ports, and the countries that trade with this country will become very rich, and her corruption will spread throughout the world. Then again, wasn't Rome a coastal empire, with many ports? Back in Biblical times, the Roman empire was probably the biggest empire around, so it would seem pretty huge to someone living in that time. What strikes me as odd though is that the Statue of Liberty is really a statue of a Babylonian goddess, and the Capitol has a statue of Mars, who is a Roman god, but the Romans borrowed him from the Babylonians.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Do we have a citation for the Russian PM threat? Shrug, regardless, the man is well aware of how such a scenario ends. As much as he may like the idea of killing the US, he isn't likely to feel like joining us in death and lobbing nukes at us will get the favor returned. Great lengths have been gone to on both sides of the Atlantic to guarantee that lobbing nukes ends badly. It's not a game Russia seriously wants to play. They are expansionist, they can be moderately unfriendly. They are not suicidal.
      Forgot where he made the threat, only remember seeing a news site where Obama threatened sanctions, and he made some comment about being able to turn the US into radioactive ash.
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
        .. Forgot where he made the threat, only remember seeing a news site where Obama threatened sanctions, and he made some comment about being able to turn the US into radioactive ash.
        Interestingly all I've seen is the official news person is the one who made that statement not Putin. Yet he was appointed by Putin.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Revelations was written cause the writer believed Rome would start persecuting Christians and their deaths would bring upon the end. The prophecies are pretty clear the "Great Prostitute" is Rome and that kind of thing. Apocalyptice writing has been used for centuries and everyone believes the great empires of their times are going to be that, etc... You can believe in that if you like it, but I'm just saying people have been using that for over a thousand years and there's still been no apocalypse.

Comment

Bear in mind about prophecy, you can make anything in the real world fit something so obscure. The Statue of Liberty is actually inspired from Venus, if I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and even if it were inspired by a Babylonian goddess, would that be so bad? China, it could be argued, is also an empire with many ports whose influence and corruption span throughout the world... How many Made in China labels have you seen lately? The problem with ambiguous statements is they are open to easy interpretation. Why do you think lawyers make so much money? Because they "interpret" the law. According to some religions the world has already ended by xxx date. I really don't buy the Judgment day theory. My mother was a Jehovah's Witness. I was forced to be one for a very long time and I hated it more than anything in this world. Now that I'm free of their dogma, I refuse to ever look back. The problem is really that you were told all these things while you were a kid and it sounds like you were trying to be molded into what someone else wanted you to be. You're trying to make sense of your own experiences and reason v. what you were told. In the end, you can only go with what's going to work for you and bring you peace of mind. Choices aren't easy, but at some point we all have to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
              The Statue of Liberty is actually inspired from Venus, if I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and even if it were inspired by a Babylonian goddess, would that be so bad?
              Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom...and the artist's mom (Liberty's face is his mom, lol)
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, thal, I knew it was Roman in origin. I just couldn't remember the specifics...

Comment

The Statue of Liberty is HOT.

Nothing like a woman who encourages personal autonomy and freedom to get the blood flowing...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. Although I still haven't felt like God has been talking to me, I think he's probably confident that my faith is restored and no longer in danger, because I'm no longer having any faith issues.

Although I'm hoping that God works with Princess Celestia from MLP:FiM and has me reborn in Equestria. I'm being completely serious here (rabid brony)
                    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Working...
                    X