Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weight Watchers

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=922.msg24259#msg24259 date=1293072130]
    Is it weird that the ending totally made me bawl my eyes out (in a good way)?

PS: I was glued to the screen the moment the video started playing.
    [/quote]

Lol, me too! I watch it when I need inspiration...I've probably seen it a dozen times.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

For anyone interested, I read this article on FitSugar that I found really helpful. It's a composite article with a lot of their other posts about diet, fitness and nutrition. I loved the part about portions, because even though I've gotten better it's still hard for me to gage what constitutes a serving of cheese or pasta. I also loved the bit about avoiding weekend and dating weight gain!

Comment

Finally joined weight watchers online and downloaded the iPhone app. I am determined to lose at least 42lbs this year.
        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Good luck to you! I have lost 12 lbs in one month and I am happy with my slow results lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you ;D And congratulations on you weight loss, 12lbs in 1 month is brilliant
            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you I'm starting to lose motivation though... I wonder if I can buy motivation at the grocery store?
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=922.msg27330#msg27330 date=1294431874]
                Thank you I'm starting to lose motivation though... I wonder if I can buy motivation at the grocery store?
                [/quote]
                Only shop the outside aisles. All the cans and bottles and what not bad for you food is all down the middle rows! I only go down a middle road for my cereal.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am doing my own version on weight-watchers. I don't want to pay for the meetings because I couln't go half the time anyways.
                  And besides, it is ALL on line for free.
                  In 2 weeks I have lost 2 pounds, so if I can keep that up for the next 40 or so weeks , I'll be all set.
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I broke down and went to LA Weightloss. I DO like their plan because it teaches you how to eat, much like WW, however, I also bought 40 boxes of their bars (bulk is cheaper) and, well, wow...the cost is really disgusting :P And the price for the juice for the cleanses every 2 weeks is...well, I just won't pay for it again....30 bucks for one 2 litre bottle? Just crazy. Now I don't tell them and just go the the grocery store and buy a nice, clean, similar bottle of juice for 5 bucks.

Aside from that, though, I really do like their plan. Aside from 2 weeks through the holidays where I dropped the program, I have lost 13lbs since the end of November, even with the 2 week cheat, so, I'm thrilled. And, I'm still very motivated by their plan. I won't buy the bars anymore, either...and if I feel I need them, I will replace them, as well, with a cheaper alternative. They are basic soy based protein bars!
                    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I know I'm late to this thread but I wanted to tell you the goal you set to lose weight should be your motivation. I also have a weight problem and my wife is a life time member of Weight Watchers. I have weighed over 300 lbs in the past and struggle to keep my present weight below 230 lbs. Still not skinny by any ones standard but better than 300 plus.
                      also by losing the weight when you are younger will help you avoid serious health problems later in life. So didn't give up you will hit snags we all do. Just keep your goals in mind and with in reason and you will get there in time.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                      X