Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weight Watchers

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=922.msg16806#msg16806 date=1290609627]
    In April of 2009, I sold my Dodge Ram, and committed myself to commuting by bicycle.
    At the time I weighed 260lbs.

In October of 2010, I broke down and bought a Ford Escape.
    Yesterday, I weighed 200lbs. (I'm 6'1&quot

I've never used Weight Watchers, although I've heard very good things about it.
    But, I can say from experience:
    A bicycle will work wonders.
    [/quote]
    Yes bikes are great. Also..men lose weight alot different then women.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Went to my first meeting and decided this crap is going to wait until after thanksgiving... pretty lazy huh? I am not starting off on a good foot :P Good thing I don't really like turkey or stuffing...
      sigpic

Comment

This might be the right time to start. People gain a lot of weight over the holidays. Could be a good way to side step that problem.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=922.msg16770#msg16770 date=1290604652]

NOVA did this marathon challenge, and if you watch it, the only person that lost weight was the person that also cut calories...and that was from a group of average people, a good number of which were overweight, training for a marathon

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/ ( I think this is only viewable if you are in the US)
          [/quote]

I can't see it, but yeah that's exactly what I mean. I'm fairly slim and have a high metabolism, but I could only lose the weight I gained when I cut calories. Biking for 25 mins a day plus weights and step machine and stretching made me fit but it didn't make me lose the weight.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=922.msg17081#msg17081 date=1290657361]
            This might be the right time to start. People gain a lot of weight over the holidays. Could be a good way to side step that problem.
            [/quote]

That is true! I actually calculated my points and everything and decided I will follow the program tomorrow. It is now or never! "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe not the right place to post this, but...it IS about weight loss.

I just wanna lose 5-10lbs tops. How the hell do I do that? I eat right (for the most part), and I exercise more than I actually think I should. Nada. Heeeeeeeelllllllllp me!

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=922.msg17203#msg17203 date=1290701035]

I just wanna lose 5-10lbs tops. How the hell do I do that? I eat right (for the most part), and I exercise more than I actually think I should. Nada. Heeeeeeeelllllllllp me!
                [/quote]

I was having the same issue. I gained 15 lbs early this year and I didn't lose it easily.
                Could be a couple of things for you...maybe your serving sizes are larger than you think they are and you're getting a few more calories than you think. Or maybe you aren't getting enough calories for the amount you exercise and it's affecting your metabolism. I'd track you calories on something like LiveStrong or Spark People.

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=922.msg17204#msg17204 date=1290701281]
                  I was having the same issue. I gained 15 lbs early this year and I didn't lose it easily.
                  Could be a couple of things for you...maybe your serving sizes are larger than you think they are and you're getting a few more calories than you think. Or maybe you aren't getting enough calories for the amount you exercise and it's affecting your metabolism. I'd track you calories on something like LiveStrong or Spark People.
                  [/quote]

Hmm...I hadn't thought about the serving size before. I try to eat only till I'm full, but yeah - maybe counting calories for a bit is worth it. I'll look into those sites!

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=922.msg17203#msg17203 date=1290701035]

[/quote]

not that you want advice from a fluffy girl (lol) but it helps to balance your metabolism by eating something every six hours. eating many equal sized meals every six hours has proven to balance your blood sugar and your metabolism and make it easier to lose weight.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=922.msg17375#msg17375 date=1290743314]
                      not that you want advice from a fluffy girl (lol) but it helps to balance your metabolism by eating something every six hours. eating many equal sized meals every six hours has proven to balance your blood sugar and your metabolism and make it easier to lose weight.
                      [/quote]

I tend to eat several small meals throughout the day. I signed up on Livestrong - seems a decent website so far, tbh.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=922.msg17207#msg17207 date=1290701974]
                        Hmm...I hadn't thought about the serving size before. I try to eat only till I'm full, but yeah - maybe counting calories for a bit is worth it. I'll look into those sites!
                        [/quote]

It really helps. I never paid much attention to it either because I was always a skinny girl with no appetite and a fast metabolism (so I'd never have to eat much to get full and I'd burn off whatever I did eat) but as I got a bit older my metabolism changed and so did my appetite (though it's a bit better now that I'm not on the crazy pill that made me super hungry!) I also grew until I was 25 so I guess that's where some of my extra calories went lol. Now they go to my thighs so I have to watch what I eat and serving/portion size really helps with that.

Good luck with LiveStrong! They also have some really great articles.

Comment

I can easily gain 5lbs in a matter of just a week or two if I don't watch myself. Im pretty sure I'm going to go back to doing WW after we settle into the new house and I figure out what my budget is

Comment

went to my meeting yesterday. lost 2.2 lbs w00t! Also just realized that at the end of the meeting instead of her saying "see you later" she says "see you lighter" haha! *crosses fingers*
                            sigpic

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!!

Comment

Great loss for one week! Congrats. ;D

I'm struggling with the new program, "Points Plus" (in USA). Points are now calculated using carbs, protein, fat, and fiber, instead of calories, fat, and fiber. :-( I hate counting carbs!

But the good news is, I'm pretty much eating the same things and still staying in my new points... so the new plan isn't so different for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X