X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weight Watchers

[quote author=newgirl24 link=topic=922.msg19091#msg19091 date=1291240224]
    Great loss for one week! Congrats. ;D

I'm struggling with the new program, "Points Plus" (in USA). Points are now calculated using carbs, protein, fat, and fiber, instead of calories, fat, and fiber. :-( I hate counting carbs!

But the good news is, I'm pretty much eating the same things and still staying in my new points... so the new plan isn't so different for me.
    [/quote]

yeah, i like the new system though, it makes a lot sense to me!
    sigpic

Comment

Posting this a little late but better late then never! Went to weigh in on Tuesday lost another 3.6 lbs.
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=922.msg21362#msg21362 date=1291991905]
          Congrats!
          [/quote]

Thank you very much!
          sigpic

Comment

its tuesday so that means weigh in time. another 4 lbs guys!!! 287.8 lbs only 107.8 lbs to go!
            sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! You're doing really awesome...keep it up!

I hit my weight goal 2 days ago and I fit my clothes again. So stoked.

Comment

I'm sorry if this annoys someone but the topic about weight problems anyway.. So, how can I gain few kg's more? I know everyone wants to be skinny, but being a bit too skinny is really annoying; you can't find jeans, you can do shopping only in the stores for teenagers etc (I'm size 32 or 34 most of the time).. And well, i'd rather be "normal" than "underweight" (PS. I hate BMI system, it says i should gain 7 kg's more...) I already eat lots of chocolate, cheese, candies etc. and I don't use low fat products and I always eat breakfast etc. but nothing seems to work. Last christmas I thought I'd really pay attention to what and how much I eat and force myself to eat a bit more everytime. The result: +0,3 kg (0,66lbs). *sigh*

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=922.msg23767#msg23767 date=1292884282]
                  I'm sorry if this annoys someone but the topic about weight problems anyway.. So, how can I gain few kg's more? I know everyone wants to be skinny, but being a bit too skinny is really annoying; you can't find jeans, you can do shopping only in the stores for teenagers etc (I'm size 32 or 34 most of the time).. And well, i'd rather be "normal" than "underweight" (PS. I hate BMI system, it says i should gain 7 kg's more...) I already eat lots of chocolate, cheese, candies etc. and I don't use low fat products and I always eat breakfast etc. but nothing seems to work. Last christmas I thought I'd really pay attention to what and how much I eat and force myself to eat a bit more everytime. The result: +0,3 kg (0,66lbs). *sigh*
                  [/quote]

You probably just have a super fast metabolism and a small frame. I'm pretty slim too, and I used to be like you when I was younger (didn't fit into clothes, etc) and it was just the way it was.

I guess you could try to eat more protein and exercise and try to gain a bit of muscle mass? It's not really "curves" but if you work the right muscle groups you might get a bit more shape.

Or also have you been tested for possible thyroid problems? Probably not it but if you have an overactive thyroid you would have trouble gaining weight. Barring that are you nervous or stressed a lot? Because while in some people stress makes you gain weight, for others it makes them drop it. Maybe if you go to your doctor too they'll be able to tell you how you can gain weight in a safe way. Eating a ton of sugar and stuff isn't really a good idea because it's just empty calories. You still have to pay attention to nutrition!

Other than that, maybe just patience? I can't remember how old you are, but I was in that situation until I was about 24 or so and then my metabolism slowed and my appetite got bigger and I gained some weight. Just, when that happens, make sure you don't lose track like I did earlier this year and go further than you want!

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=922.msg23772#msg23772 date=1292885449]
                    You probably just have a super fast metabolism and a small frame. I'm pretty slim too, and I used to be like you when I was younger (didn't fit into clothes, etc) and it was just the way it was.

I guess you could try to eat more protein and exercise and try to gain a bit of muscle mass? It's not really "curves" but if you work the right muscle groups you might get a bit more shape.[/quote]

Well, I've sort of came into same conclusion... Too bad that I hate gyms. :P

Or also have you been tested for possible thyroid problems? Probably not it but if you have an overactive thyroid you would have trouble gaining weight.[/quote]
                    I actually thought about this too and it was tested last winter, but everything was okay. Luckily.

Barring that are you nervous or stressed a lot? Because while in some people stress makes you gain weight, for others it makes them drop it. Maybe if you go to your doctor too they'll be able to tell you how you can gain weight in a safe way. Eating a ton of sugar and stuff isn't really a good idea because it's just empty calories. You still have to pay attention to nutrition![/quote]
                    You're making a good point here.. Hmm.. Well, yes, I get stressed easily and especially this autumn has been quite bad. Maybe that's the reason behind losing those few kg's - I mean, I've always been skinny but this autumn I've lost about 3 kg's. And it kinda annoys me especially when I'd like to gain not lose weight..

Other than that, maybe just patience? I can't remember how old you are, but I was in that situation until I was about 24 or so and then my metabolism slowed and my appetite got bigger and I gained some weight. Just, when that happens, make sure you don't lose track like I did earlier this year and go further than you want!
                    [/quote]
                    I'm afraid that you're right. I'm 22, but my mom said she was quite skinny until she gave birth my little brother at the age of 28. Though she wasn't as skinny as I am.

Well, I comfort myself with the fact that at least i don't look anorectic or anything, just a bit too skinny. (I have a light structure, if that's how you say it, so even though my BMI is something like 16, I don't look sick.)

Comment

Yeah I have a small structure too. Even when I was working out every day (so had muscle mass) and hadn't lost my weight yet (so had the fat as well) my BMI was only 20. It's a bit misleading because it doesn't take your body frame or muscle mass into account at all!

You might start to gain weight in a couple of years or so. In your mid 20's your metabolism often slows a bit, even if you don't have kids.

Comment

Just reached a personal goal of mine: lose 50 pounds in 2010!!! I started out this year at 207 and am now at 156.8... YAY!!! ;D

Now I'm just 1.8 pounds overweight and about 20 pounds away from my ultimate goal weight.

Comment

[quote author=newgirl24 link=topic=922.msg23913#msg23913 date=1292952818]
                          Just reached a personal goal of mine: lose 50 pounds in 2010!!! I started out this year at 207 and am now at 156.8... YAY!!! ;D

Now I'm just 1.8 pounds overweight and about 20 pounds away from my ultimate goal weight.
                          [/quote]

WOOHOO!!!! That's awesome!!!!

Comment

[/quote]

Wow, well done you. They are talking about having weightwatchers meetings at work so I may join. I really need to lose at least 56 pounds
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[/quote]

congratulations

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=922.msg16770#msg16770 date=1290604652]

NOVA did this marathon challenge, and if you watch it, the only person that lost weight was the person that also cut calories...and that was from a group of average people, a good number of which were overweight, training for a marathon

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/ ( I think this is only viewable if you are in the US)
                                [/quote]

Is it weird that the ending totally made me bawl my eyes out (in a good way)?

PS: I was glued to the screen the moment the video started playing.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X