This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African American pagans.

I have been thinking about this the last few days,and did a Google search and found this site.

http://www.aawiccan.org/site/welcome.html

So,how do you see the progression of pagan beliefs in becoming more diverse?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: African American pagans.

I have a feeling that there will eventually be more reconstructionist movements among people whose religions were more recently subsumed by colonialism, IHMO.

I think it will be a good thing when different Pagan groups become more diverse in general. While I have no problem with people who want to connect with deities of their ancient ancestors, its also always made me feel squirmy because that could lead to very homogenized and often racially identical groups, isolated from the voices and opinions of others. I think a diversity of opinion will only strengthen the community in general, allowing new voices and new perspectives on things.

The changes from Christianity becoming multi-cultural in the modern era have generally been positive, forcing the religion to continually confront the problems of poverty rather than resting on its laurels, and adding new and rich cultural traditions to its tapestry.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Re: African American pagans.

I see more people of African heritage going into the Disapora religions and practices like Santeria, Voudon, HooDoo, etc than any of the European influenced Pagan practices. Sad part is even those practice's are being "Whitened" is the term I heard about it. Many of the books, sites, articles, etc are written by whites not people of African descent who've been in the practices for generations.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X