Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aranofsky's Noah more suited for Pagans? (Article discussion.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aranofsky's Noah more suited for Pagans? (Article discussion.)

Ran across this article:

On Friday, March 28, Paramount Pictures will release Noah into U.S. theaters after a flood of controversy. Noah, dubbed a biblical blockbuster, was co-written and directed by Darren Aronofsky, the award winning director of Black Swan (2010.) Noah has an all-star cast including Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, Jennifer Connolley and Emma Watson. http://youtu.be/_OSaJE2rqxU Almost any time a biblical story is adapted […]

Personally, I'm excited for this movie. Any bible movie is going to be an interpretation, and since I'm not a literalist anyways, I don't care its not "accurate" since no biblical movie is in fact going to be "accurate" in my eyes.

However, the themes in this movie of needing to protect the envrioment sound very appealing to me, and with the story's routes in the older myth of Utnapishtim, I'm curious if any of you were interested in seeing it, or if the Biblicalness of it or anything else turns you off. Discuss away!
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Aranofsky's Noah more suited for Pagans? (Article discussion.)

I'll see it for a few reasons:
    1. I love love LOVE biblical epic movies. They are so popcorn inspiring fun!
    2. Aronofsky. He makes wonderfully visually beautiful movies. And one of my top ten 'The Fountain'. I could only watch the movie once, it moved me so much.
    3. Russel Crowe.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I'll see it for a few reasons:
      1. I love love LOVE biblical epic movies. They are so popcorn inspiring fun!
      2. Aronofsky. He makes wonderfully visually beautiful movies. And one of my top ten 'The Fountain'. I could only watch the movie once, it moved me so much.
      3. Russel Crowe.
      1. I agree.
      2. I love Aronofsky as well! I haven't seen the fountain though.... But I very much want to.... I simply haven't been able to get a hold of a DVD of it :P!
      3. Russel Crowe is a good reason to see nearly any movie. I wish I could pay him to follow me around and narrate my life for a day in gravelly splendor.

Comment

Forget Russel Crowe

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
          Forget Russel Crowe

And the reasons pile up for me to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
            Forget Russel Crowe

YES please.
            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

I'll watch it as I like a good movie and it seems its going to be a good one. The biblical aspects really don't bother me though I admit it might inspire me to think or ponder certain aspects of it. Not specifically a God aspect but the story line itself.

Aeran, I expect now that the Harry Potter stuff is fading away you'll see her fade away as well. All her recent stuff hangs upon the Harry Potter movies and public connection. She may stick around a bit but nothing that will make her a super star or make her a house hold name of itself.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Occulas repairus...(I like Harry Potter stuff as you might notice.)
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  I'll watch it as I like a good movie and it seems its going to be a good one. The biblical aspects really don't bother me though I admit it might inspire me to think or ponder certain aspects of it. Not specifically a God aspect but the story line itself.
                  this would make me watch it actually. not to mention a lot of Christian fundies(not normal ones) got upset with the movie and were bashing it. now that would not make me see a movie. but it would definitely make me take notice of it. in all honesty I will probably wait a bit before seeing this movie.

Aeran, I expect now that the Harry Potter stuff is fading away you'll see her fade away as well. All her recent stuff hangs upon the Harry Potter movies and public connection. She may stick around a bit but nothing that will make her a super star or make her a house hold name of itself.
                  that I agree with. not to mention most of the die hard fans are considered pedophiles whether by her(and her people) and a lot of celeb bloggers. that means her A-list status will be in question. that I will give about maybe 3-7 years give or take before she goes down to B-D-list. as she is mainly doing background work (like this movie playing Noah's daughter-in-law) or playing softcore /cheesecake roles. otherwise she will most likely go into semi retirement.
                  Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

So no one else noticed that that's a photoshopped image of Emma wearing what appears to be a nappy/diaper? lol. Original image here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yu6-sw072t...photoshoot.jpg

Still a good reason to see the movie though I'm gonna be watching it at some point too.
                    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                      So no one else noticed that that's a photoshopped image of Emma wearing what appears to be a nappy/diaper? lol. Original image here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yu6-sw072t...photoshoot.jpg

Still a good reason to see the movie though I'm gonna be watching it at some point too.
                      errrrrrr.... Uh. No, I didn't notice that. I just thought she was wearing weird shorts..... Now I feel a bit awkwaaard.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                        errrrrrr.... Uh. No, I didn't notice that. I just thought she was wearing weird shorts..... Now I feel a bit awkwaaard.
                        don't feel bad about it. that was the weirdest photofakes ever. usually they remove or add clothing on someone. first time they replaced clothing with another article. and again it proves how the common public regards of her fans and to a lesser extent her.

Comment

As to her future in acting,time will tell. Tom Hanks started out doing drag in"Bussem buddies" and did a few kinda simple roles, then shot into stardom. So you never know. John Travolta kind of disappeared after doing the disco movie,then popped back up in the movie scene.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            As to her future in acting,time will tell. Tom Hanks started out doing drag in"Bussem buddies" and did a few kinda simple roles, then shot into stardom. So you never know. John Travolta kind of disappeared after doing the disco movie,then popped back up in the movie scene.
                            well with Tom Hanks he did critical roles that was recognized as a good actor .not to mention was recognized by Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason(in which he stared with one or JG's last film roles.) as potentially talented. and it took awhile. he didn't gain this overnight. I see this more for her former co-star Danielle Radcliffe. John Travolta got lucky. and remember these are men not women. women it is harder to bounce back or keep their fame. there is still a lot of sexism in the industry.

Comment

Ugh, I managed to get through 15 minutes of the "counter" film (a "documentary", I use that term loosely) that was so awful and nasty it makes me want to see Aronofsky's film just to spite the fundie haters of it...

Comment

Working...
                              X