This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan News & Pagans in the News

And it's the county clerk's job to sign marriage certificates. Hope we aren't going to see a bunch of gov't. employees trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      And it's the county clerk's job to sign marriage certificates. Hope we aren't going to see a bunch of gov't. employees trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.
      Can I get in on this 15 minutes of gov't employee fame?
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Can I get in on this 15 minutes of gov't employee fame?
        You'll have to do something uncharacteristically stupid, claiming it's because you're a good ol' Christian, just before a presidential election while the Republicans are afraid of losing.

It's really not that hard, but it will cost you all your self respect.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This just chafes my willy ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ved-Satan.html
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Huh, I have always worked to keep couples together when they were not both involved in the same religion. If I had known that I could have had sex with them after they divorced... No, it just wasn't happening. As far as "Dark arts" are concerned it is a truth that a witch who cannot curse cannot heal but both traditions that I have been involved with and all the public rites I have attended have steered clear of using curses and spells that would cause harm. (with the exception of the wars of the 70s) That was truly a dark time for the craft in all its manifestations.

I am surprised that there were no "child sacrifices" mentioned.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
              Willy chafing is what you get when you read the Daily Mail.

Comment

I think she ought to be burned at the stake. Witches are evil, demon loving sex partners with the devil!

Wait... I'm a witch and the devil is a fictional character as far as I'm concerned or at best a thought form created by Christianity. I have never met a demon I didn't respect and although I have had sex with some great devilish women, I have seldom used the dark arts. I have only sacrificed one virgin and that was on our wedding night and the sacrifice did not involve the death of either of us.

I wish I could be a better Pagan... (not!)
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b050c6c4a2ec6c ... Wonderfu
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/28...ntcmp=trending ... Warlock??? Really ???

Comment

Gotta love the Huffington Post ... Sometimes ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wes-is...b_8482050.html

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
                        Gotta love the Huffington Post ... Sometimes ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wes-is...b_8482050.html
                        Aside from it's over-the-top liberal bias, Huff Post is, perhaps, the only pop news service that treats pagans with respect.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That reminds me ... was just doing some reading of the Bible and they used the term "pence" for a type of money ... Pennies were not around until the mid 700's ce in Britian ...

Comment

The rewriting of "spiritual" documents has always been done. I am surprised that people don't more widely find things like that.

Comment

They just either don't admit it or they just pain don't see it ...

Comment

http://www.nbc12.com/story/30488143/...XktM4.facebook
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X