This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Grail found at last!

Now that the Holy Grail has finally been found, I am at a complete loss as to how to spend the remaining years of my life.

Maybe I'll look for Waldo instead.

Historians Claim Holy Grail Sits In Spanish Museum

P.S. - it's kind of pretty, in an overdone sort of way (many photos...)
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Holy Grail found at last!

You have chosen.............Unwisely..(Indiana Jones and the last crusade)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      You have chosen.............Unwisely..(Indiana Jones and the last crusade)
      Is that why my flesh is turning to dust and blowing awa......?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

one thing the indiana Jones movie had right was the level of income Jesus would have had.... all the pretty rocks and gold and crap.... Bull, it would have been pottery, possibly pretty, but pottery, clay, not gold, that makes no sense for a bloody carpenter...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm moderately amused by the concept that a simpler cup might have been modified over the ages into that thing.

Otherwise, traveling preacher of modest means + gold and jewel laden cup.....

Sure.....

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[QUOTE=MaskedOne;136593]I'm moderately amused by the concept that a simpler cup might have been modified over the ages into that thing.

/QUOTE]

I suppose, the thing is fairly mishapen, and I am having a hard time discerning what the actual base material is that the gold is all attached to.... but, frankly, I feel like people just want there to be this "holy grail" so badly, that they are unwilling to entertain the possibility that it just.... well may not have been saved...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The base material is onyx, and the gold & jewels were added much later.

Still, onyx seems like an expensive material for a poor man (clay, as in the Jones movie) would seem more appropriate), but, on the other hand, JC had wealthy patrons.

(the mishapenness is fairly typical of medieval workmanship)

P.S. - IMHO, there is no actual Holy Grail, but the legend has made some very fun stories. In the earliest versions, the grail is a serving dish or a stone - emerald - that fell of Satan's crown when he lost his first job...

The blood of Jeebus thing didn't come in until much later.
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 02 Apr 2014, 05:11.

Comment

The whole "He touched it" or its Jesus' fingernail thing makes me wonder if somewhere there is a preserved "dump" in a clay jar just waiting its turn to be recognized as a "Holy Relic"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah I think the Holy Grail would have been more simpler than the cup that is displayed. I also agree with the Indiana Jones movie.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I watched an entire show on this cup; Ancient Mysteries I think it was called on Netflix. Only the little stone vessel inside is the thought to be the grail. The gold and jewels bit is just a holder for it.

I may not be a Christian, but Jesus was a real person. This could be a cup from when he lived and maybe he used it. I think its really crappy to be so rude and dismissive of someone's belief. Especially since there is actually science to back this one up as a cup he may have used. It doesn't make it magic...at least not more or less magic than Stonehenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      This could be a cup from when he lived and maybe he used it. I think its really crappy to be so rude and dismissive of someone's belief.
                      ??? Who was either A. Rude or B. Dismissive?

Seems like we were just chatting and sharing thoughts - which is neither rude nor dismissive, but what we come here for...

Comment

Making a joke out of a highly sacred relic of another faith is nothing if not dismissive. It's like drawing a picture of Mohammed, except as a general rule, most Christians are less likely to be as mortally offended by this as they are more used to being the butt of jokes in our culture.

But hey, carry on. Your choice. I'm no Christian, but I can't imagine this would feel very welcoming if I was.

Comment

Making a joke out of a highly sacred relic of another faith is nothing if not dismissive. It's like drawing a picture of Mohammed, except as a general rule, most Christians are less likely to be as mortally offended by this as they are more used to being the butt of jokes in our culture.

But hey, carry on. Your choice. I'm no Christian, but I can't imagine this would feel very welcoming if I was.
                          Well everyone's religion here is a joke to me.

So there's that.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OK, now that you've granted permission, I, at least, will carry on with what I would do without it.

Comment

Hmmm,satire anyone...Just a little giggle? Oh well,nothing to see here...move along..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X