X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
    Why couldn't she just ask you what you wanted?
    Here it's actually custom to 'kidnap' the bride and groom. You just turn up and drag them along. Then you proceed to dress them in something nice an humiliating, and parade them around town. Now that doesn't sound like a good day to me, and I made that very clear. I know when, but not what. When I tried talking to her about it I was told that they will do the planning...
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

In my opinion, you should make it very clear to them that YOU will be doing the planning, not them. Remind them that this is YOUR wedding, not theirs.

Comment

I don't even mind that they plan. I'd just like to be in on it... originally we agreed that they would tell me as they planned so I could say yes or no, but that isn't happening. I'm seeing another friend I know is invited on friday, so I'll ask her what's up.
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Okay. I'm sorry about your situation, and I wish I could help.

Comment

it's ok... just needed to vent a bit... thanks
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                Here it's actually custom to 'kidnap' the bride and groom. You just turn up and drag them along. Then you proceed to dress them in something nice an humiliating, and parade them around town. Now that doesn't sound like a good day to me, and I made that very clear. I know when, but not what. When I tried talking to her about it I was told that they will do the planning...
                Sounds like you got a shivaree (Charivari) going on there. I know in the States it centered around showing up at the newly weds home and banging pots and pans, stealing both the bride and groom. Where they are taken really depended upon the area and who was doing the shivaree. Most times it interrupted the wedding night and at times involved having to buy one or the other back.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I saw that on The Waltons! I never heard of anyone actually doing it, though.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I saw that on The Waltons! I never heard of anyone actually doing it, though.
                    They still occur fairly regularly in some parts of Virginia, especially in the mountain areas. I heard of one going down a few months ago though not as common as they once were.

Just as an aside note but I recall going to a bar in Scotland back in the early 80's and they had one going on. The future bride was tied to a bar stool and every one was both toasting the bride but also pouring drinks on her.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I woke up and all of my fish are dead. I can't be sure why they're dead since they were swimming around fine last night. They're pretty big fish too so I don't think it's any kind of poisoning. My dad broke my tank thermometer a few weeks ago so I dunno what the temperature of the tank was but it did seem warmer than normal. I'm thinking they overheated and my heater is probably broken.

- - - Updated - - -

I've looked over their corpses and it seems like it's actually ammonia poisoning. I drained most of the water from the tank a few weeks ago to move it I figured keeping the gravel would help seed the technically new tank with bacteria. The initial set up a few ago went fine. I guess I just assumed they would do fine this time too. This is a bummer. It's really my fault then.
                        Circe

Comment

That I am of to the hairdresser tomorrow to fix my hair, and have not been there in ages lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            I woke up and all of my fish are dead. I can't be sure why they're dead since they were swimming around fine last night. They're pretty big fish too so I don't think it's any kind of poisoning. My dad broke my tank thermometer a few weeks ago so I dunno what the temperature of the tank was but it did seem warmer than normal. I'm thinking they overheated and my heater is probably broken.

- - - Updated - - -

I've looked over their corpses and it seems like it's actually ammonia poisoning. I drained most of the water from the tank a few weeks ago to move it I figured keeping the gravel would help seed the technically new tank with bacteria. The initial set up a few ago went fine. I guess I just assumed they would do fine this time too. This is a bummer. It's really my fault then.
                            I'm sorry. That's such a pisser. I was going to suggest an ammonia and/or nitrate check. These can sneak up on you real fast, especially with big fish.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              I'm sorry. That's such a pisser. I was going to suggest an ammonia and/or nitrate check. These can sneak up on you real fast, especially with big fish.
                              I'm probably going to drain the tank and let it cycle for a few days, then get some danios and tetras because I like a lot of little fish more than a few big ones. I don't think cleaning it is really needed but a full water change is. I'll need to pay more attention to the tank for the first few weeks.
                              Circe

Comment

Sorry about the fish, Corvus.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X