This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Well it's certainly good to be back, Anu!
    I've been caught up with administrating my Instagram and all all sorts of other wacky things happening. ��
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I'm reading articles about how women feel bad about themselves after shopping for swimsuits etc in clothing. Well maybe women should stop lying to themselves about what size clothing they wear. I mean unless you are a size 22-26, you do have clothes that actually fit you. You just keep letting your fat ass hide your brainz.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm thinking about starting an etsy account for my paintings... is it worth it? Really worth it? I have to pay like .20 per listing so for a couple dollars I could list quite a few paintings... Then they take a percentage. But it would be extra money if anyone bought my stuff. Thinking material definitely.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          I'm thinking about starting an etsy account for my paintings... is it worth it? Really worth it? I have to pay like .20 per listing so for a couple dollars I could list quite a few paintings... Then they take a percentage. But it would be extra money if anyone bought my stuff. Thinking material definitely.
          To me, etsy, and other shops like it, are hogwash.
          My best suggestion to you is this, build your own website via a free web builder (many of them have pre-made layouts for shops) and make a direct pay pal option for each listing.

I've had an online shop for a few months now, and it's pretty much hassle free this way. The only thing you have to do, is self-advertise.

Weebly and Webs have the easiest layouts to work with, but I find weebly handles the best.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            I had an Etsy site for many years.

The advantage of Etsy over an independent site is that Etsy already has a built-in customer base, so buyers go there.

The disadvantage of Etsy is that 1) it is so HUGE that, unless you do a lot of self promotion, buyers will only find you occasionally, and 2) Etsy's definition of "hand made" is so wide that it includes Chinese mass-produced knock-offs that undersell real hand made products (this one may not be a problem for you, but for me, selling jewelry, it was).

If you set up an independent site, you will still need to do a lot of self-promotion (because the internet itself is huge - huger than Etsy), learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and build a customer base.

You might want to try Etsy first to get your feet wet, but eventually you'll likely move to an independent site.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We have a new Terminator movie worthy of the name. I'm impressed.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hmm,if the MO likes it,it has to have at least some merit. Good to know Arnie is still kicken it.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Trying to decide whether I pulled a muscle or my kidney decided to crap out on me.

Pretty sure it's the muscle... I was lifting sacks of topsoil yesterday...

But I'm now confining myself to the couch for a while, since I can't move.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

About a month ago while taking a shower I turned to grab the shampoo and felt a twinge in my lower back, which kept getting worse and worse until I ended up lying on the floor in so much pain. It was so bad that I was crying and retching. Laying there like that was the only thing that remotely made it feel better, until I couldn't take it anymore and got myself a ride to the emergency room. Turns out I had two kidney stones.

Hopefully it's just a muscle.

Comment

Just off the top of my head but id also say itsy, eBay, etc all also have the tax bases and applicable tax requirements that have to be factored in when selling. Nor does that take into account many of the at home based business requirements that can be applied when trying to sell when it appears to be a business model vice something like a yard sell type procedure.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                        About a month ago while taking a shower I turned to grab the shampoo and felt a twinge in my lower back, which kept getting worse and worse until I ended up lying on the floor in so much pain. It was so bad that I was crying and retching. Laying there like that was the only thing that remotely made it feel better, until I couldn't take it anymore and got myself a ride to the emergency room. Turns out I had two kidney stones.

Hopefully it's just a muscle.
                        I have been told that those are bad beyond belief. Sorry you went through it!

I'm pretty sure it's just the muscle... No fever, good appetite, doesn't sound like an infection.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          I have been told that those are bad beyond belief.
                          It's the second time that I've had them, too, though the first time was probably 15 years ago or so. Though, to be honest, it really makes me wonder what sort of pain is so bad that people pass out from it. I mean, this time it was the most excruciating thing I have EVER felt, but in no way did I even come close to losing consciousness. Upon looking it up, it seems that sometimes pain can actually lower your blood pressure in some people, and that is what causes the passing out. For me, mine spiked. Yay for not passing out, but damn, it would have been a relief.

Comment

I think dairy = bad for me now. Gonna see if I have the same issues with organic milk too.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

The hubby finally got fed up with my stress levels last night and played bartender. It may not be the healthiest option, but it's effective.

Also, I'm starting to really formulate something I'd like to do with my life long-term that's actually within my interests and skill set. It probably won't make any money, but satisfaction is a thing.

Comment

so...............tired....................need.... .......................friday.........to.........b e........over..................................... .............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpe]gjmh[bwq

(wipes drool off chin and keyboard)

2 hours and 20 minutes left...
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X