X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Now Japan.. disabled people this time. Will these mass killings ever end?
    When everyone's dead...
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      When everyone's dead...
      I'm kinda glad I'm so effed up and damaged inside. Makes living in this world a hell of a lot easier. I ain't even gonna lie.

Also thinking OMG I love windows 10! Don't be scared. Tiles. Tiles lots of big easy to read tiles. And in the app store I already found a period tracker with notifications, a yoga class and an on-line coloring book. De-stress here I come.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I'm kinda glad I'm so effed up and damaged inside. Makes living in this world a hell of a lot easier. I ain't even gonna lie.

Also thinking OMG I love windows 10! Don't be scared. Tiles. Tiles lots of big easy to read tiles. And in the app store I already found a period tracker with notifications, a yoga class and an on-line coloring book. De-stress here I come.
        Is the 'free upgrade' really free, or is it a 'free months trial and then microsoft have duel ownership of your bank account'? I'm very suspicious of large corporations. They make me feel like I'm being fed needs I don't really have, then they fleece me while my back is turned.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          Is the 'free upgrade' really free, or is it a 'free months trial and then microsoft have duel ownership of your bank account'? I'm very suspicious of large corporations. They make me feel like I'm being fed needs I don't really have, then they fleece me while my back is turned.
          The upgrade is free. Microsoft doesn't like supporting multiple OS's so they're trying hard to get EVERYONE on 10 so that they don't need to spend time and money on older systems. The fact that 10 by default shares a lot more information than prior editions (it ties into several online services unless you actively conspire to stop it) and therefore can help target ads is either a cheap bonus or part of an evil conspiracy on the part of the archdemons running Microsoft (depending on viewpoint).
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Is being hyper observant a blessing, curse, or both?
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

It could be considered a blessing IF you learn to filter some things,otherwise it could become overpowering from the over load of information.

- - - Updated - - -

There is another idea of being hyper vigilant,generally seen in people exposed to violence. Seen in people with PTSD,from war or a violent life.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The Catholic Priest who was killed by terrorist in France.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                  Is being hyper observant a blessing, curse, or both?
                  Depends on your perspective. If you value what you get more than you dislike being hyper-aware when things go wrong then its a blessing. If noticing less overall is an acceptable price for not seeing certain things then it's a curse. If your answer to the prior to options varies with the time of day and/or has yet to be determined then it's blessing and curse.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

On one hand the WSS opened next door. So I finally got some new sneakers (mine were literally going on 3 years). Picked up some new Skechers that slip on and have comfy memory foam. They feel light as air (which is great walking around a tool store all day) and are like loafers with a lot of support. And since I got new shoes, I had to get new socks. Picked up 2 six packs of ankle black, white and PINK socks with a buy one get one half off. AND on top of that got a 20% off total purchase because we are their neighbors! $56.66 for everything!

And on the sad hand...my bike is sorta beat. It's making a grinding noise like the chain is grinding on the frame, but I don't see it. And the frame is bent from the bike accident. And the spokes need to be tightened. And I'm missing some bolt. And the bike is now officially 2 years and 9 months. I paid $99. I got my dang money's worth. I'm not going to feel bad when I say this...I'M GOING TO BUY A NEW BIKE!

Now that I know what I need for sure...I'm looking at the hybrid cruisers WITH 7 speed control. Still gonna be about $120. I need a cruiser eat. But the slight incline coming home would be smoother with a geared bike (I've never used one though!). I probably can't put a basket in front, but I see that I can attach a frame to the back wheel and add some basket type thingy back there. I also like to sit up and not hunch forward. So a slight commuter cruiser is my speed. Sunday I'm going to try some out and then have it shipped! I'm soo excited.

In essence I'm getting a new car

One one foot I got my performance review and my raise!

On the other happy foot, my boss bought me Waba grill for lunch so I went all STEAK!!!:devil:

Comment

Haha.. So about 3 or 4 years ago I was playing a fb game called Zombie Pets, which was just a game where you grew plants and took care of collectible zombies that wondered around the screen. You could buy items to make their enclosure nicer but that was about it. I friended some try-hard from the States who was always in the top ten list and clearly used actual money to buy items and it must have been hundreds of dollars she was spending. To each their own though, and she was clearly enjoying herself. She played A LOT so I added her for all the free stuff and to trade for rarer zombies and plants. After a while though, I realised how much time I was wasting on the game and decided to stop playing and use that time to pursue other interests. I haven't played any fb games since.

I never bothered to delete the woman. She was harmless enough. Clearly still played the game 3 years on and sometimes shared pictures of her overweight but clearly happy kids.. nothing that made me want to delete her.

Then I see a message from her about how Pokemon Go is dumb and that she won't allow her kids to play it. I mean.. WHAT??

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Decided it's finally time to unfriend. I doubt I'll be a miss to her.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So while waiting in the hallway for my number to be called at the blood lab:
                        Kid next to me is talking to stranger lady next to him. He's asking her who made God? And she's like well Mary made god. And he's like no. Mary made Jesus. But who made God? I don't get it. At all. And she starts to stumble about God being 2000 year old (because that's how old the earth is) and that God is great. And he's like I just don't get it. Who made God? And she's like you see this pamphlet (An actual tiny pamphlet appears) it's got ALL the answers! And when you have a question you don't know, just pray mijo. Pray. And he's like just nodding his head. Still confused as the lady trying to explain 2000 year old God has a mother.

I wanted to lean over and whisper there is no god.
                        I wanted to lean over and explain the concept of a self fulfilling god god and how they create themselves.

But I got up and I moved without a word.

Why? I ain't no asshole.

Comment

That I find

rather interesting. Also technically (though exploiting this technicality isn't practical) accurate.

Comment

I miss that program..I hated when it ended...One of my all time favorite TV programs.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Solar Roadways are yesterday's pipe dream, today we can ride the Nuclear Highway into the future.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I find this to be so typical..Not making fun,just so typical.

Right here,as we read.
                                Last edited by anunitu; 28 Jul 2016, 09:09.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X