X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
    I wish gender didn't matter. I wish anyone of any sex, gender, sexual orientation, etc, could look and act the way that they want to without either getting looked down upon, or being threatened or harassed. And I wish I could ignore the people that do that, so I could be myself. But I feel like I can't.
    I concur with this.

Comment

"I'm bored, but if I get out of this bed, I'm going to be cold."
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        "[...] but if I get out of this bed, I'm going to be cold."
        My morning nemesis!
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm thinking I'm so grateful to be finished with basic training, and have moved on to my advanced training. Once again I'm becoming acclimated basic pleasantries of life I'd been isolated from. My first day here we were told by our Platoon Sgt's that smiling was allowed again, and the ability to communicate with my loved ones on a daily basis is incredible.

I hope that this isn't interpreted as me acting like I was wronged in some way, with that being said, I now know what life is like when one is denied the basic respect and human dignity every creature deserves. It was not a positive one, but I intend to carry it with me always.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
            I'm thinking I'm so grateful to be finished with basic training, and have moved on to my advanced training. Once again I'm becoming acclimated basic pleasantries of life I'd been isolated from. My first day here we were told by our Platoon Sgt's that smiling was allowed again, and the ability to communicate with my loved ones on a daily basis is incredible.

I hope that this isn't interpreted as me acting like I was wronged in some way, with that being said, I now know what life is like when one is denied the basic respect and human dignity every creature deserves. It was not a positive one, but I intend to carry it with me always.
            Imagine it when they could actually touch you, cuss you out and do things that would make you wish you were dead though they couldn't kill you. When wall to wall counseling was the norm or counseling in the ammo dump was routine for attitude adjustment. When letters were the only means of communications with family and those took weeks to months at times to catch up with you. Denied basic creature comforts and such and human dignity my how the times have changed.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              My morning nemesis!
              I know this feeling well..the snug as a bug in a rug syndrome.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Imagine it when they could actually touch you, cuss you out and do things that would make you wish you were dead though they couldn't kill you. When wall to wall counseling was the norm or counseling in the ammo dump was routine for attitude adjustment. When letters were the only means of communications with family and those took weeks to months at times to catch up with you. Denied basic creature comforts and such and human dignity my how the times have changed.
                I'm familiar with some of those things. Instead in 2016 your immersed in a system where in the leaders frequently express their disbelief in the program you're stuck in. The expected "breaking down" of individuals occurs, but the rebuilding never happens, it never gets better until it abruptly ends. Once you leave you become immediately aware that despite all the effort you've dedicated training, you've been taught nothing, or the wrong thing and must begin rebuilding a foundation all over again, this time without the unessicary lack of dignity.

Don't get me wrong, I WANTED the structure and discipline, and in some places that still exists but not where I was. I was suspect things were not right but put my best foot forward all day everyday, its frustrating when you realize do much of the misery was in vain.

Comment

Had a great day with a friend of mine. We jammed out together, made a little video of him playing piano while I sang and played guitar. I think this needs to be a weekly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                    I'm familiar with some of those things. Instead in 2016 your immersed in a system where in the leaders frequently express their disbelief in the program you're stuck in. The expected "breaking down" of individuals occurs, but the rebuilding never happens, it never gets better until it abruptly ends. Once you leave you become immediately aware that despite all the effort you've dedicated training, you've been taught nothing, or the wrong thing and must begin rebuilding a foundation all over again, this time without the unessicary lack of dignity.

Don't get me wrong, I WANTED the structure and discipline, and in some places that still exists but not where I was. I was suspect things were not right but put my best foot forward all day everyday, its frustrating when you realize do much of the misery was in vain.
                    When the leadership doesn't support the training plan that does suck for certain. What's bad though is many times you'll never see the results of the conditioning and responses from the training until the crap hits the fan and you start to respond. It seems like many times it was for nothing and you gained nothing from it but then suddenly the light goes on and you sort of ask yourself why didn't you notice that sooner.

Many times I think people see it as undignified in how your treated but figure part of it is to make you dig deep and find the will power and strength to keep going. Depending upon service element sometimes it's to make you mad enough to survive and refuse to give in. Sometimes it's simply to get you to release frustrations and yes fears. Sometimes it's to tie up the loose ends and make you function as a unit and not as an individual.

I've seen things in the sub service that scream humiliation and belittlement. Yet when its done and over and a causality hits you do and go into those places even when you know you might die or others will die if you don't.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm thinking about how much this sinus headache is killing me. I'm going to see a doctor on Monday, rain or shine. This has been going on since Tuesday. The meds aren't working. Ugh.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I dyed my hair blue and purple today. I was going to have the local beauty college do it, but even they wanted about $80 for it. I did it for $20 and I think it looks pretty damn spiffy. I'd upload a photo, but my phone's broken so... I'm stuck without a camera. And I'm thinking of not replacing the phone. I'm debating if I really need it. I've had a cell phone non stop since middle school. It's actually kind of frightening thinking of going without it. And that kind of scares me even more. Shrug.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          I dyed my hair blue and purple today. I was going to have the local beauty college do it, but even they wanted about $80 for it. I did it for $20 and I think it looks pretty damn spiffy. I'd upload a photo, but my phone's broken so... I'm stuck without a camera. And I'm thinking of not replacing the phone. I'm debating if I really need it. I've had a cell phone non stop since middle school. It's actually kind of frightening thinking of going without it. And that kind of scares me even more. Shrug.
                          I bet the hair looks great!!

I've had a cell phone since I was 18 so 11 years and I went through a phase where I couldn't keep my hands off of it. I was always checking, always looking, afraid I would miss something, it was with me at ALL times and it finally dawned on me one day that I was addicted to my phone. So I started leaving it in my car at work, and when I'd get home I'd put it in my bedroom and would allow myself to check it once or twice. It took me a good month to break myself of the habit. I don't even look at it when we go to dinner anymore. Its crazy how attached we are to the damn things. The gps, the instant gratification of it, texting, social media. I don't think I could completely get rid of it but if I didn't have a choice I would make do. If you do do it let me know how it goes!!! You are a brave women!!
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                            I died my hair blue once. Still would like to try another way out color before I go back to work next year.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thinking: I went for a short walk with hubby and my dog yesterday after clinic. Just to the nearby Park and back. Ever since, my ankle has been killing me. I should have stayed in even ground and now I'm pissed that I didn't because my stupid ankle hurts all over again.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                Thinking: I went for a short walk with hubby and my dog yesterday after clinic. Just to the nearby Park and back. Ever since, my ankle has been killing me. I should have stayed in even ground and now I'm pissed that I didn't because my stupid ankle hurts all over again.
                                Maybe if you injured it before, it didn't heal properly. Or is still sensitive to pressure.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X