This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I don't understand what is going up with Las Vegas. I just don't understand. So much negativity going on. Should I even watch the news anymore?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I don't understand what is going up with Las Vegas. I just don't understand. So much negativity going on. Should I even watch the news anymore?
      I stop watching the news a long time ago. I watch cartoons now.

Comment

I usually catch small amounts of news when my alarm goes off. Barely snippets. As the day progresses I will skim BBC, as it covers major news globally, and with some degree of calm. Depending on my anxiety level for the day, I will investigate further on items that seem to need investigation, searching out sources that I consider fact based, and then maybe into more opinion based sources, aware that they are opinion based. I almost always avoid news "shows", which are designed to profit by fostering fear and outrage. We have an abundance of fear and outrage, and a shortage of thoughtful action. In my opinion, of course.

Comment

The only news I get is from the newspaper. That's it.

Comment

Unfortunately, paying attention to the news is, for me, an important part of patriotism. Not the B.S. form of patriotism that says "my country, right or wrong," but the real kind that says "my country, having a constitution, must follow that constitution."

The biggest reason for bad government is uninformed citizens.

Sorry - it ain't purty, folks, but it's reality. People who run from reality end up getting hit by cars.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I agree B. De.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Have to concur many times the picture isn't pretty but ignoring things doesn't help at all.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Unfortunately, paying attention to the news is, for me, an important part of patriotism. Not the B.S. form of patriotism that says "my country, right or wrong," but the real kind that says "my country, having a constitution, must follow that constitution."

The biggest reason for bad government is uninformed citizens.

Sorry - it ain't purty, folks, but it's reality. People who run from reality end up getting hit by cars.
                  What does patriotism got to do with watching the news?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post

To stay (sorta) informed? Just a wild guess.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

As citizens we do have a duty to be informed,in order to know how our elected representatives are seeing to our best interests.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In this country, the PEOPLE run the government, the government DOES NOT run the people (read the Declaration of Independence, and the U.S. Constitution). That only happens, though, if people stay well enough informed to know what the government is doing, and why.

If people don't pay attention well enough to call out the sharks, the sharks will rule the ocean.

As they are now...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          Nothing. Patriotism is a concept that has no practical application in human progress or governing anything.

Comment

This is why you shouldn't drink, kids.

I was in Oktoberfest in Munich and was wearing this pin that said Tiger on it, that my girlfriend got me. Then I hear a bunch of drunk girls calling me and saying things like, hey Tiger!

And then one of them approaches me.

Me: (thinking) Oh please leave me alone.

Girl: (puts her hand on my shoulder and asks) I just wanted to ask you something.

Me: Can you please not touch me.

Girl: Oh, sorry (takes her hand away) just wanted to ask where you got that pin from.

Me: From my girlfriend who's currently in the bathroom here.

Girl: Oh I understand, thanks, bye.

This is why you shouldn't drink, you'll start approaching people like me and think they look good!
                            Last edited by Dumuzi; 03 Oct 2017, 11:43.
                            [4:82]

Comment

Logged into Runescape for the first time in like 4 years. Apparently, they think I owe them $144. No clue why, can't find a description of what the charge is for, and I know I cancelled the membership last time. Kinda annoyed.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm thinking I don't understand all the questions about the Vegas shooting. Lots of people are angry, feel disrespected, devalued, dismissed, etc. Once it's been determined he wasn't on a religious mission, that's probably what it boils down to.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X