This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha thinking about now?

I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I think I had a piece of cake about a year ago. I don't eat bread much, either. Mostly fish, eggs, meat, cheese, veggies, etc. Some honey because it's good for me. Pizza once in a blue moon because I love it, crust and all. Yet my metabolism is so awful. If I did eat junk I wouldn't fit through the door!!!
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 18 Aug 2015, 09:02.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: What are you thinking about?

I use a ton of wheat based products... bread, biscuits, croissant, tons of noodles. Stuffed shells, spaghetti, lunchmeat sandwiches, pb&j. Etc. Fried rice is about as far as I get from a non starchy meal... except maybe stew. But I still add crackers to my own.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Rain, rain, go away, let me go grocery shopping or I'll be having oatmeal for dinner.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

I think all this talk makes me shrug. I lost 40 lbs last year. I still eat cake. It's not about what you eat, if that's your goal, just how much you eat. Certainly veggies fill you up more than cake, but any lifestyle that makes any one food the enemy seems just silly to me. Your body turns the vast majority of it into glucose anyway.

Some people like to eat different, and that's fine, but don't let them convince you its the only way to be healthy. Sugar is not evil. It's just a food.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning
          That. Sounds. Awesome!

WTG, Yorin!
          Thanks Chain ^_^ I'm excited, probably wont sleep much the next two weeks between work and then making new stuff for the sale. I've actually got a bunch of stuff planned out. Gunna do wood burned bookmarks (already got 10 drawn up and ready for time to burn them), hair pin wraps with polymer clay dragons on the ends, and some "Welcome" signs for homes and stuff.
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

So, being relatively bed-ridden, and drifting between wakefulness and fitfull sleep, I've been watching various $#!t on Netflix. Most of the shows or movies that I've started to watch continued on long after I'd fallen asleep (again and again).

I found a stand-up comedy special that sounded like it had great potential for being vastly hilarious. "The Muslims are Coming!" Which is hosted, and stars, a handful of very talented "Muslim Americans", doing their tour of FREE shows, mostly in a bid to try an convince a great number of dipshit Americans that "Islam" is not the Arabic term for "kill Americans", I guess. I watched about 10-15 minutes. I then had to shut it off.

As talent as these wonderful people are, their attempts to unite PEOPLE, through humor, was far outweighed by the snippets and brief clips of some of the worst bigots every paid to be NEWS anchors, pundits, average mindless twits -on the street - all coming together in an overwhelming antagonism.

It's supposed to be a comedy show. Laugh! But no. I was just getting more and more pissed, disgusted, repulsed, and just simply trying to suppress the urge to throw something heavy and explosive at these anti-Muslim idiots-on-parade, everywhere.

I feel really bad for that handful of wonderful, talented artists, in that they have to piss up a rope to prove they aren't dangerous terrorists. They really have a long hard road ahead of them, filled with hate, accusations, blame and immense hurdles, being constantly thrown in their path.

That is what I'm thinking about. I feel ashamed, having to admit to being part of the human race.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I just got a package from Amazon.

Season 3 of my favorite show ever finally was put on DVD, and it has just arrived from Amazon
              “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
              ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
              ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Why'd I get an Iphone? I hate Iphones and I'm starting to remember why. On the bright side, it's a phone and siri is entertaining.
                “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I just got a package from Amazon.

Season 3 of my favorite show ever finally was put on DVD, and it has just arrived from Amazon
                  Game of Thrones?

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic
                    No processed sugars. I allow honey and maple syrup because they are natural, but cut out sugar, sucrose, dextrose, maltodextrin, cane juice, came sugar syrup, etc etc.

I don't look at the nutritional info. Just the ingredient list.
                    This is similar to what I try to do, too. I find I loose weight if I follow the traditional "diabetic diet" and work to keep everything reasonable, not too processed, and my blood sugar even over the day.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I figured, after 10K posts and counting, it was time to trim this puppy down!
                      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                        Game of Thrones?
                        Absolutely not!

Its a series from the early 90's about the Pony Express.

Also, regarding diets... I just stumbled across this and it cracked me up: http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philp...ght-loss-study

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

sigpic

Comment

Yay! Newer, slimmer thread my phone will actually load!
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Went into the bathroom on the other side of the house, the one I don't usually use, and found what I thought was a mushroom growing out of the carpet.

It was actually a really old potato, and I have no idea where it came from or how long it had been there. Methinks spring cleaning is in order.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I made a new friend today. He's a Chinese man who was born deaf, but luckily we were able to understand each other. I think he talks some BS, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. He lives in Hawaiian Paradise Park, which is a very green subdivision in the Puna district, and has all kinds of cool trees and things. Plus he has a Great Dane and a poodle who were very into the attention I gave them.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                              X