X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    This isn't the Adult section. Oh wait! You meant that as in leave. LOL Silly me.
    I guess I should have used the proper term "This Popsicle stand",and do you think about your mother with that brain...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      tRump used hatred, racism, insults to attain power.
      You do know that that argument is how Trump won, right? The Democratic Party and the mainstream media dismissed the concerns of the working class as just being "racism" and "hatred."

Heck, just a little over a year ago Hillary took immigration seriously. Border control is not racism, and isn't even in the top five reasons Trump won. The quicker the Democrats learn that they lost because Hillary was a bad candidate, and they alienated one of their largest voting blocs the better. Trump won for the exact same reason that Obama won, he offered Hope and Change, and unless the Dems learn that they are never going to win again.

My county has voted for every Democratic presidential candidate since Hoover won it in 1928. We voted for Trump this year. They didn't vote for either Bush. They didn't vote for Nixon or Eisenhower, nor Ford, or even Reagan! One of the most consistently blue counties in the nation, and they voted for Trump.

They did it because they were all racists, surely.

There was no way in hell Trump won without the Rust Belt, which was consistently and solidly blue. Trump didn't even really win, Hillary just straight up lost.

Also, we have no idea who won the popular vote yet. We won't know for a while, it takes time for absentee and early ballots to be counted.
      Last edited by Denarius; 12 Nov 2016, 16:37.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        You do know that that argument is how Trump won, right? The Democratic Party and the mainstream media dismissed the concerns of the working class as just being "racism" and "hatred."
        Trump won because fear and irrationality are the basic human condition.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          do you think about your mother with that brain...
          Never. That's the right lane of the highway to hell. My ex was the left.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Trump won because fear and irrationality are the basic human condition.
            It's possible to rise above that, but not today.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              It's possible to rise above that, but not today.

The irony of it all is that Trump thinks the EC is a travesty...

Also, WTF forum, when I go to quote and reply, it won't space anything, and I have to go back and do it!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                except in those 248 years, we've had 45 presidents, and 4 out of 45 presidents is nearly 9%
                Granted but I think most will still go with the odds of winning based upon the density sites and the college vice trying to gain the popular vote and spreading the campaigns out. Well not unless the election cycle truly does go into something where it starts almost as soon as the cycle ends and the next one starts. But in my opinion I think you'll see a change in that the person running will have to go to all those places themselves and not send someone to speak for them like so often happens now. People will want to feel you really want their vote and make them feel important and part of your campaign and you won't get that sending talking heads. Have to almost go back to the old days of riding the rails and speaking from the back of trains at every cow town and train station. Which is one reason, in my opinion, I think there really has been no serious effort to change the electoral college method and really embrace a popular vote election method.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I've been saying it for years myself, and I still believe that. Strongly.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    I've been saying it for years myself, and I still believe that. Strongly.
                    I have too...but...its not ironic for me to say it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Denarius's analysis is completely correct. The one positive that has come out of Trump's election is that that liberal trend of ignoring white working class and even class issues in general are being completely called out. The common liberal theme of the rural white working class is that of a mouth breathing knuckledragger. The white working class is dying. Jobs are gone. Rural communities are falling apart. Poverty increases. Substance abuse increases. The Democrats had no time for it. So, when you marginalize the largest group of poor in the nation you can't be surprised when it costs you the election.

Comment

I've been starting to think of also getting off facebook for a bit. Sometimes I wonder why I make posts on race issues and other stuff when clearly, none of my real life friends seem to care about it, and everyone is just so upset that it might not make a difference anyways. Plus, I like happy things, like tacos and huggable dogs.

Comment

I like my facebook. Why?
                          My facebook is private
                          I choose every single person who is on there.
                          75% are people I know in real life
                          I don't have shitty friends.

Also I specifically am only posting funny things or zombie related things on my facebook. A piece of sanity in your newsfeed.

Also I do have a few people who are def not of my political party and or viewpoint. Even a Trump supporter in my work place (who happens to be a good friend as well)

Look. If your feed is shitty...I blame you. Now go and reclaim your space! It won't get better till you make it better.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I like my facebook. Why?
                            My facebook is private

Also I specifically am only posting funny things or zombie related things on my facebook. A piece of sanity in your newsfeed.

Also I do have a few people who are def not of my political party and or viewpoint. Even a Trump supporter in my work place (who happens to be a good friend as well)

Look. If your feed is shitty...I blame you. Now go and reclaim your space! It won't get better till you make it better.
                            I'd have to just kick everyone off my friend's list. I have total political burnout.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            Sounds like a smart move. I've managed to fill most of my social media news feeds with kitties and puppies ^^ that lowers stress too.
                            That makes me tempted to just dump posts about kittens and puppies all day.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                              I'd have to just kick everyone off my friend's list. I have total political burnout.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes me tempted to just dump posts about kittens and puppies all day.
                              lol. That's bad. I just stopped reading anything. I haven't even watched the news. Thankfully a lot of my friends are also trying to get back to life. It's like our own piece of happy place.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I like my facebook. Why?
                                My facebook is private

I would go with Duce if I did facebook. I am not really a facebook type,it is way to public for my taste,even doing it Duce's way.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X