This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Is it just me imagining things or is the forum like.. depopulated?
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      It's been rather quiet for the past few months. There are a couple contributing factors that aren't readily visible which Juni, Thal and I may be able to influence depending on how our schedules work out this fall. Whether any of them will have lasting impact is hard to guess.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        Don't know about depopulated but lately it seems the topics I've been interested in have sort of been like the old adage about any group that would have me as a member of it would be a group of one. Subjects so boring it's be more interesting watching watching mold grow or like Treebeard from LOTR and take a month or two to say hello.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Poly break-ups seem so much more intense than mono ones.

Comment

First Leahy, now Gord Downie.

What a sad week for Canadian culture.

- - - Updated - - -

First Leahy, now Gord Downie.

What a sad week for Canadian culture.

Mostly art.

Comment

So... One of my best friends is in Osaka in Japan right now. I'm a bit worried about him with the typhoon rolling in.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Trying to come up with names for a book is the hardest thing for me.

Comment

So, the weirdest thing has been happening. I've been getting packages from Amazon that I didn't order. They aren't in my order history, and there have been no unexpected charges to my debit or credit cards. There's no gift receipt (and none of the items were on a wishlist of mine), and no invoice in the packages. It started with some phone chargers/cables, then escalated to bra and butt pads (which I don't need and thought was hilarious). The last couple items have been a mop and a 4 in 1 car vacuum cleaner. I'm so confused.

This has apparently happened to other people. No clue how. No clue what it means. Where it's coming from. And Google says I can keep them without paying if there wasn't an invoice included. Weird.
                  Last edited by Shahaku; 22 Oct 2017, 19:00.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    So, the weirdest thing has been happening. I've been getting packages from Amazon that I didn't order. They aren't in my order history, and there have been no unexpected charges to my debit or credit cards. There's no gift receipt (and none of the items were on a wishlist of mine), and no invoice in the packages. It started with some phone chargers/cables, then escalated to bra and butt pads (which I don't need and thought was hilarious). The last couple items have been a mop and a 4 in 1 car vacuum cleaner. I'm so confused.

This has apparently happened to other people. No clue how. No clue what it means. Where it's coming from. And Google says I can keep them without paying if there wasn't an invoice included. Weird.
                    You might want to get a credit report and make sure no random credit cards have been opened in your name or other shenanigans. That and call Amazon's customer service to figure out what they know. Glitches resulting in free stuff are awesome. Free stuff because some rookie is playing at identity theft and didn't make sure to get all the details right is somewhat less amusing.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I get occasional emails from Amazon telling me my order's been shipped, is confirmed, etc., when I didn't order anything. Usually they aren't from Amazon - but once, it was. I contacted them, straightened it out, changed passwords etc. and that was that. But, I've never just gotten a package out of the blue! That's def. weird.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Do any of you do qigong? I just discovered it (I'd heard of it but didn't really know what it was). Absolutely blown away. It's like the feeling you get after yoga but amplified. I'm usually jealous of JP after we work out because he feels a rush and his mood is great, but I never get that effect. I think qigong has given me that same rush. All I did was pat my arms and legs and wave my arms around a bit. Really amazing.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          Do any of you do qigong? I just discovered it (I'd heard of it but didn't really know what it was). Absolutely blown away. It's like the feeling you get after yoga but amplified. I'm usually jealous of JP after we work out because he feels a rush and his mood is great, but I never get that effect. I think qigong has given me that same rush. All I did was pat my arms and legs and wave my arms around a bit. Really amazing.
                          I've done it once, when I was staying in that monastery in Thailand. I really disliked it. I found it was boring and not active enough for me.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm so damned worried. My medical biller and coder exam is coming up on Friday. I haven't taken it since 2011 and I am freaking out. I'm pretty okay on my coding, but my billing is just not coming back to me. I'm trying to keep calm and study with what time I have left.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I've done it once, when I was staying in that monastery in Thailand. I really disliked it. I found it was boring and not active enough for me.
                              I think we all have different sweet spots for raising our energy. For JP it seems to be vigorous exercise that does the job so maybe you're the same? He's always hyper by the time we do round 2 of our hiit workout but I never feel that rush from exercise. JP did feel the energy from qigong too though, so he's going to join me if he's around when I do it.

I'll still do yoga because I do like the physical feeling of stretching, but I'm going to make qigong a daily practice. I can feel the energy tingling in my hands, so can't wait to try it before magic or healing work!
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I passed my Medical Billing and Coding exam today. You're supposed to get 300 out of 400. I got a score of 303. I'm glad I went back in the review and changed some of my answers. Now it's time to find a job.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X