This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Nephew comes over to stay tonight. Looking forward to it. We're taking him out to restaurant in downtown. Can't wait.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Honestly, the death of my relationship and how sad it is that I am still morning it even though I know it was for the best.

I'm in the pit of despair, don't listen to me.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        Honestly, the death of my relationship and how sad it is that I am still morning it even though I know it was for the best.

I'm in the pit of despair, don't listen to me.
        It gets better. When my first serious relationship crashed I spent like 6 months crying... I took a year actually feeling good again. And we're really close friends now (he married the friend who introduced us). Anyway. No shame In mourning, it gets better eventually.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Pulls out handcuffs,sir you have the right to remain silent...A loaded gun in this state carries a fine and jail time...Also LT. Colombo will want to question you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I'm in the process of restoring a (nearly) 200 year old muzzleloader, and I just realized it is still loaded.

Thing's been loaded for well over 150 years, and sitting in a decrepit armory.
          That post was meant for this one.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Benefits of being single:

1. I can play the piano now.

2. I'm rich.

[4:82]

Comment

Got upset with my mom. We went out to Tailpipes (a restaurant), it's a burger, fries, and shake restaurant which isn't fancy. So Thriller comes on. One of my favorite songs and I start dancing in the booth, well moving, and she tells me that it's not how to act. What the hell? Am I a child? I didn't get out and dance on the floor in front of everyone. I was actually happy for the first time and there it goes. Had to listen to Thriller now I am home.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Just keep yourself busy, and let yourself be sad about it. Honestly, it seems like the worst things anyone does after a breakup is to avoid feeling the pain with alcohol, or jumping in with someone else, or one person went as far as selling their soul (cough not me I swear cough). I find it goes smoother when you just tell yourself over and over that it's supposed to hurt, and it's okay.

It also helps not to think of it as a misfortune, but as a learning experience- if you are in some way better or smarter than you were before, your suffering was at least fruitful.

- - - Updated - - -

And to comment on Iris's post, I'm really good friends with my first ex, and it still hurts in ways I can't describe (because this is a PG forum). But it does ease the pain a little, knowing that someone who meant so much to me didn't just throw me aside. And he's kinda stuck with me, since he promised to be MoH at my someday wedding

Comment

Spent from 11am to 4pm out and about shopping for my bathroom renovation. Ended up spending the most money on new hippy Earth sandals and amazing comfy socks.

But I did build my over the toilet wire shelving unit. And I didn't have any left over parts! Now tomorrow I'm out and about again to get some decorations. Only going to do it early morning. OMG. It's going to be in the 90s this week. I need to ride my bike to the Dollar tree and back before the sun makes Medusa Al Pastor out of me.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Spent from 11am to 4pm out and about shopping for my bathroom renovation. Ended up spending the most money on new hippy Earth sandals and amazing comfy socks.

But I did build my over the toilet wire shelving unit. And I didn't have any left over parts! Now tomorrow I'm out and about again to get some decorations. Only going to do it early morning. OMG. It's going to be in the 90s this week. I need to ride my bike to the Dollar tree and back before the sun makes Medusa Al Pastor out of me.

Good luck Medusa! It's getting hotter every day. So I hope that you avoid the sun as much as possible.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                      It gets better. When my first serious relationship crashed I spent like 6 months crying... I took a year actually feeling good again. And we're really close friends now (he married the friend who introduced us). Anyway. No shame In mourning, it gets better eventually.
                      And sometimes, it doesn't get better. It just gets different.

It'll be two years next month for me. I've found new love, moved in with them, and am genuinely happy in my relationship now.

Do I still mourn for my ex? Of course. Does it hurt less? No. I just accept it better than I did two years ago.

You don't always get over someone. Sometimes, life just goes on anyhow.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        And sometimes, it doesn't get better. It just gets different.

It'll be two years next month for me. I've found new love, moved in with them, and am genuinely happy in my relationship now.

Do I still mourn for my ex? Of course. Does it hurt less? No. I just accept it better than I did two years ago.

You don't always get over someone. Sometimes, life just goes on anyhow.
                        try 25 years later. time is awesome that way! i don't even remember the proper spelling of their first name.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This summer will mark 31 years since the "greatest love of my life" went his own way. I got through it at the time, but in retrospect, not very well.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Today my parents and I will be celebrating Father's Day. It just makes me feel more grateful that I have my dad right now. I know that in the future though, he won't be around and that scares me. He's been there for me all my life and some people don't get that love. Everyone deserves the love of a great dad.
                            Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Today my parents and I will be celebrating Father's Day. It just makes me feel more grateful that I have my dad right now. I know that in the future though, he won't be around and that scares me. He's been there for me all my life and some people don't get that love. Everyone deserves the love of a great dad.
                              This message has been father-approved

P.S. Fear not. The whole purpose of being a father is to prepare the children for the inevitable.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                This message has been father-approved

P.S. Fear not. The whole purpose of being a father is to prepare the children for the inevitable.
                                Thanks B. de. I will definitely not fear, but keep showing more and more appreciation for my daddy.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X