This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Just got in from seeing The Ozark Mountain Daredevils and Ha Ha Tonka perform at a fundraiser for flood victims. Great show, lots of fun. People were playing Chicken Shit Bingo, and I'm gonna try that with Buddy. There were all sorts of food trucks. I got a chicken & melted cheese pasty from the British guy. It was really good.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Tomorrow my mom goes to get her colonoscopy done. The first time there were some issues so she had to cancel. Hopefully, this time we can get it done and out of the way. I am not looking forward to my first colonoscopy. It will be a while though.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to go look at some campers. I love hiking and traveling, but hate leaving the animals behind. Hopefully things work out. I have a trip to the Delaware water gap planned for early October, it would be great to bring them along.

Comment

I'm back! What did I miss?... this has been a weird summer for me. How is everyone? I missed you guys.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Good to see you back,hope things are going ok for you.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Good to see you back,hope things are going ok for you.
              Glad to be back. Up and down. I lost my grandfather a few weeks ago so our vacation was a bit less fun than we hoped for. How are you?
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Except for Our Orange leader,everything is good.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Hanging out in the hospital waiting room for an ultrasound of my kidneys. Last Friday I went to a doctor for the first time in over 20 years and now I have to get a bunch of tests and fun things. I'm very much less than excited about it.

Comment

Mom's colonoscopy went good. They only found two polyps. I slept horridly, well we all did. Mom and dad came home and took a long nap. I haven't had any sleep since 4:30. Can't seem to get any. Hopefully, tonight will be better.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Just got word that in a few months, I'll be deploying again for another nine months. I fully understand and honor the commitment I made to serve my country.

You start to develop this ticker in the back of your mind that counts up all the days, weeks, months and years in the lives of people you love that you have missed.

Last night when I came home and broke the news she was, ok but disappointed. She told me I will have missed two years of our dogs life by the time I get home.

I guess she's developed one too..
                      Last edited by callmeclemens; 14 Aug 2017, 03:57.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                        Just got word that in a few months, I'll be deploying again for another nine months. I fully understand and honor the commitment I made to serve my country.

You start to develop this ticker in the back of your mind that counts up all the days, weeks, months and years in the lives of people you love that you have missed.

Last night when I came home and broke the news she was, ok but disappointed. She told me I will have missed two years of our dogs life by the time I get home.

That's something only people who serve and their families truly understand. My wife hated when I deployed but really hated my short deployments of just a week or two as she'd just be getting used to me being gone when i'd be back. Disrupted the routines of the kids and what they normally did when I'd go on long deployments. Was lucky though in that the Navy was only doing 6 months deployments at the time as I was a rider typically not ships company.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post

My dad was deployed frequently, and while I never really counted the time he was gone, I can say with certainty that he missed years of me and my siblings growing up. He even missed the birth of my younger sister by a day. It's a tough job and I'm grateful for your sacrifice. But seeing my dad come home was always the best part. I can't watch videos of soldiers returning home without crying. I may or may not cry even more when the pets (usually dogs) see mommy or daddy come home.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My friend's son is in the Army, and showed up unexpectedly at his sister's college graduation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4F1LVXO8Gc
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I was so annoyed by the illiteracy levels of the customers in my line...at closing I actually sang all the words to Reading Rainbow over the intercom.

My co-workers just sorta smiled at me..you know. That fear she's gonna set the store on fire so let's placate her and not make eye contact sorta smile.

I love being scary.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As well you should be.(sometimes I believe my computer has become sentient,and is plotting my demise)
                                Last edited by anunitu; 14 Aug 2017, 23:57.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X