This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Dad got to come home and I am so happy. What I am not happy about is that I had a seizure. There goes my four months of being seizure-free. I was two months away before I could drive on my own. I don't know what caused it. I am so upset.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I am 250 away from my monthly target. 250!! Someone buy some bloody product.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        I'm sorry this fell through. The credit thing is so annoying. While not nearly on the same scale as your disappointment, both JP and I were refused credit when we were buying our new coffee table. It's a designer table so wasn't cheap, but we fell in love with the design (low enough to sit at on the floor to eat Japanese style meals, which is JP's favourite food, large enough to play cards or boardgames, loads of storage space, with panels that lift up to make work surfaces to write my journals at). Neither of us have had credit cards that we regularly used. We have savings so if we want anything expensive we buy it out of there rather than on credit. We just thought it would be easier to pay for the table over 4 months from our wages rather than taking such a large lump from the savings. We both failed the check though so had to just pay in one go. Just a minor frustration compared to yours though.

I guess we'll need to take out credit cards just to get a credit history. There are some good deals on cards that actually give you money if you pay them off in full each month, so I might get one and do my groceries with it, paying the amount back from my main account. I might have to get a basic one first though, just to be accepted for those. It's an annoyingly pointless exercise, but I guess it's necessary. We always said we'd take out a loan if Dolly (cat) ever needed expensive veterinary treatment. It never occurred to me before that we could be refused a loan.
        Mama loves furniture, so I completely know what that pain is like, too - you guys' disappointment is just as important as mine, and I'm sorry about how this credit thing is being unfair to each of us. u.u' . . . My twin and I were talking about getting a shared car in both of our names to build up credit; not sure about a credit card, but maybe we'll do that, too - we're less trusting of that system, but okay, you gotta do what you must. I still have to figure out an income, too - I mean, I'm crazy and ambitious, so I'm always hoping I'll make a break-through with webcomics and make it by on Patreon with the support of art supporters, but I'm looking for a real-life part-time job, too; keeping it real. Thanks Jemma-san for your empathy!

Comment

Store meetings, 5 minutes of useful data wrapped in nearly 2 hours of wasted time.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Store meetings, 5 minutes of useful data wrapped in nearly 2 hours of wasted time.
            I think that is nearly any meeting. I used to hate the required school staff meetings. Any where from an hour to all day meetings or "Classes" that consisted of maybe 5 to 10 minutes of useful material followed by busy work. In that regard it was almost like being back in the military. Darn it the block was scheduled for 55 minutes and we will fill up all 55 minutes with something regardless of what that something is.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My father would have been 81 today. And one of my ex-bf's was murdered 11 years ago this date. So it's kind of a weird day - I'm gonna watch the Oscars for some brain relief.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Sama as teachers staff meetings, amirite B. De?
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Saw this and you know had to post.

Rachel Dolezal, white woman who identifies as black, now jobless, may soon be homeless.

See here.

That is on FOX news

I am thinking she now is getting the FULL Black culture experience of being jobless and perhaps homeless

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps she could sell "loosies"(single cigarettes) but should wear a strangle proof collar just in case.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Sama as teachers staff meetings, amirite B. De?
                    Oh yeah, you be speakin' true words.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      Saw this and you know had to post.

Rachel Dolezal, white woman who identifies as black, now jobless, may soon be homeless.

See here.

That is on FOX news

I am thinking she now is getting the FULL Black culture experience of being jobless and perhaps homeless

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps she could sell "loosies"(single cigarettes) but should wear a strangle proof collar just in case.
                      Yeah but now she's saying she's Trans-Black (Trans-Racial would be more proper I guess) and indicating it's no different than those who claim to be transgendered. She simply doesn't identify with being ethnically white nor identify as having been born of her natural parents.
                      Last edited by monsno_leedra; 26 Feb 2017, 18:09.

Comment

Well,she might want to grab onto her WHITE privilege before she ends up on the street...But to each their own..

- - - Updated - - -

I be trans-rich,must become my true Billionaire self...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Well,she might want to grab onto her WHITE privilege before she ends up on the street...But to each their own..

- - - Updated - - -

I be trans-rich,must become my true Billionaire self...
                          Yeah but is that the White privilege thing or the blonde hair blue eyed bimbo thing she is playing upon and the forgiveness we as a society tend to give and over look for the bimbo subset?

Comment

Blonde bimbo.....hmmmm..perhaps she should go back to that,and gather a Sugar Daddy...Just saying,cause homeless kinda sucks...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Don't know. Maybe she could hook up with Elizabeth Warren and one could do the Trans-Native American and the other the Trans-African descendant thing and pool their resources. Though not sure Elizabeth Warren is still clinging to the Native American story now. Not sure the sugar daddy thing would work though Rachel is looking a bit long in the tooth now and trophy wife doesn't look like it would work out for anyone either.

Comment

Well,jail might work out,three hots and a cot school of thought.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X