X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I'm becoming such a weeb in my old age!

On Thursday I was at my favourite local bar, playing shogi (which is evidence enough in itself) with JP when we spotted a 'happy tree'. You had to write something that makes you happy on a paper leaf and pin it to the tree. Bet you can't guess which leaf is mine... (heh, it's sideways but now the leaf is the right way up so I'm cool with that!).
    Attached Files
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hoo boy. Got new glasses and they invoked the dreaded progressive lenses. It is like having the right prescription, but then they added a fisheye effect. Staggering around as if I've had a few for the past couple of days. I have been disciplined about wearing them for several hours per day. Still kind of worried about driving in them- I have switched to my old contacts for that. They do seem a little better today. I love the frames though- i think my face needed some jewelry. I lost my glasses years ago, and have just stuck to contacts. I hated having frames before, must be an age thing.

Comment

There is going to be a 'Black Lives Matter' Rally tomorrow in Charleston. I'm not against it, it's just that I get sick of people focusing on a race and saying that only it matters. All lives matter, not just one set of lives. We're separating instead of bringing people together. That's my opinion though.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

dont know maybe if pigs quit murdering and imprisoning black people en mass maybe old white people like you can finally shut the expletive removed about rallies that got nothing to do with you.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
            There is going to be a 'Black Lives Matter' Rally tomorrow in Charleston. I'm not against it, it's just that I get sick of people focusing on a race and saying that only it matters. All lives matter, not just one set of lives. We're separating instead of bringing people together. That's my opinion though.
            Do you also post online about how you are sick of Colon Cancer Awareness rallies because all cancer patients matter?

Don't think of it as a Black Lives Matter rally, it's a Black Lives also Matter rally. Your value as a human is reduced when you have that skin color, and society has to be educated that you are as much worth no matter what your skin color is.

Imagine if someone wanted to defend the lives of native Americans when white Europeans were wiping them out by telling people that native Americans are humans and their life and culture matters, and then people like you come along and tell them how sick you are of them because all lives matter. How do you think that makes you look like?
            Last edited by Dumuzi; 20 Aug 2017, 11:13.
            [4:82]

Comment

Jerry Lewis died. There's so little of original Hollywood left.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Darn,he was really old though.

- - - Updated - - -

This hits at my very young self,and the OLD school comics.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  Do you also post online about how you are sick of Colon Cancer Awareness rallies because all cancer patients matter?

Don't think of it as a Black Lives Matter rally, it's a Black Lives also Matter rally. Your value as a human is reduced when you have that skin color, and society has to be educated that you are as much worth no matter what your skin color is.

Imagine if someone wanted to defend the lives of native Americans when white Europeans were wiping them out by telling people that native Americans are humans and their life and culture matters, and then people like you come along and tell them how sick you are of them because all lives matter. How do you think that makes you look like?
                  I just don't think we should be focusing on one race right now when America seems to need to come together as one and focus on anti-hate. I just want people to see that no matter what color their skin, they matter. I'm not against the rally. I just wish that we could all come together under an anti-hate flag.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I just don't think we should be focusing on one race right now when America seems to need to come together as one and focus on anti-hate. I just want people to see that no matter what color their skin, they matter. I'm not against the rally. I just wish that we could all come together under an anti-hate flag.
                    One thing for sure is that hopefully things will get better for the whole world despite of all the craziness that's happening around the world

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                      Hoo boy. Got new glasses and they invoked the dreaded progressive lenses. It is like having the right prescription, but then they added a fisheye effect. Staggering around as if I've had a few for the past couple of days. I have been disciplined about wearing them for several hours per day. Still kind of worried about driving in them- I have switched to my old contacts for that. They do seem a little better today. I love the frames though- i think my face needed some jewelry. I lost my glasses years ago, and have just stuck to contacts. I hated having frames before, must be an age thing.
                      LOL - ya'll ul get used to them. They're the rest of your life, after all.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                        I dont know maybe if pigs quit murdering and imprisoning black people en mass maybe old white people like you can finally shut the expletive removed about rallies that got nothing to do with you.
                        It's answers like this that only create a greater distance between people on both sides, but I digress.

Comment

I absolutely, 100% understand what you are saying here.

But the the booger in the salad is that, if it were your son/daughter/husband/wife/relative/friend/colleague etc., it is not a matter you would want to see dropped.

It isn't devisive to say "black lives matter." It is, in actuality, pointing out a specific problem in the difference between the way white folks, and people who are off-white are treated in this country.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I agree with you here.

The reality is, black lives matter exist as a movement because things have happened that have led that community to believe that well,sometimes they don't. So even if you don't agree with the movement on a philosophical level you can't tell people they're wrong for feeling how they feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                              Are we talking like Bi-focals here? Getting used to them is a bear,but after a while,your eyes learn to use them. Took me about a week and a half to adjust.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I get that people want all lives to matter. But I agree with Dumuzi on this one. Obviously they don't. A hundred years of this and you can see we really don't matter. I've never seen so many white people upset that the non whites are like yeah, hey..waves..we matter. We've been living on this earth and telling you we are living it differently than you.

But....the ONLY way any of this is going to change is with white people. Because right now, as in since forever...your voices matter more than ours.

It's just sorta...the fact. No judgement meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                                I dont know maybe if pigs quit murdering and imprisoning black people en mass maybe old white people like you can finally shut the expletive removed about rallies that got nothing to do with you.
                                I just caught this and wanted to add. Put the Hooch down. You are embarrassing yourself. Start acting like a man and quit being a petulant expletive removed.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X