X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Indeed it is Jembu...I myself have had Kimchi with soy cakes and beer...(Korean Bar in Hawaii served Kimchi with your beer as a snack) Very angry cabbage is a good description indeed.
    My mouth was saying 'no more, gods please no more' but I just couldn't stop. I had it with beer too. They were nicely married!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
      It's been raining for 5 days and now there are gloom shrooms everywhere in my garden. Let the harvesting begin I suppose..
      Glow in the dark mushrooms? Can I talk you into sending me a sporeprint? I've been wanting to grow them for a while, but I've never seen any around here...

oops - I misread "gloom shrooms" as "glow shrooms."
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

A six year old shouldn't hate himself for being "a bad kid" (especially when he works so very hard to do the right thing), for "being stupid" (especially when he is so very bright), for "being different" (especially when he is so very funny and insightful)........and he very much shouldn't think everything would be better off he "he just wasn't here any more".

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I just realized that I know at least two nomadic people. Not like traditional nomadic people, but people who don't seem to do anything but travel. I know one of them is a documentary filmmaker, but I've wondered how he supports himself doing it. I have NO idea how the other one pulls it off. I think he told me he has some lab tech job, but he never seems to be at home and working at said job. I met him 2 years ago through my boyfriend, who also met him a year or two earlier while he was traveling from Poland. I'm kind of fascinated. I see their photos and it makes me want to drop everything and take off.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Glow in the dark mushrooms? Can I talk you into sending me a sporeprint? I've been wanting to grow them for a while, but I've never seen any around here...

oops - I misread "gloom shrooms" as "glow shrooms."

These shrooms happen to be boletus frosti. I use them for my folk work. However, I do have some omphalotus illudens that grow here a little later in the Spring. They have a vague bioluminescence that's quite charming.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I'm thinking that yes I like my job a whole lot better, but that liking my job more isn't really worth all that we've come back to. He hates his job we are back in debt just after getting out of it for a position that he was promised that neither one of us think they will actually give him. 5k worth of debt and I'm back to two jobs and stressing about money and he still hates his job. Was it worth it? Honestly worth it? Right now I don't feel like it was.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't help that they shorted him 16 hours worth of vacation pay on this check and told him we'd just have to deal till next paycheck.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I was looking at the tacos that pinterest showed. And I encountered this result: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487022147174001257/
                Which reminded me of Chain. He wanted to try those... I miss the guy...
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Shift lead is causing problems again. Encouraging gossip regarding fictitious complaints, indirectly trying to get me in trouble for something I've never done but everyone else (including her) does, and trying to get other people to do her dirty work for her.

Perhaps it's time for another HR report. I'm also done playing little-miss-subtle.

Comment

I'm thinking about becoming a surrogate mom. Upsides; I'd like to help a couple have a kid. I'd especially like to help a gay couple have a kid. And I could pay off my student loans. Downsides; pregnancy isn't easy on the body and I imagine IVF is worse. And I'm not sure if my husband and girlfriend would be ok with it.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Biologists have figured out that birds didn't descend from dinosaurs; they ARE dinosaurs. They have come to enough certainty in this conclusion, that many scientists now refer to "non-avian dinosaurs" when speaking of the subject matter of paleontology.

There is a peacock that has taken up residence in my yard.

so...

The Liberace of dinosaurs lives in my yard.

How f*ing cool is that?
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                        Biologists have figured out that birds didn't descend from dinosaurs; they ARE dinosaurs. They have come to enough certainty in this conclusion, that many scientists now refer to "non-avian dinosaurs" when speaking of the subject matter of paleontology.

so...

How f*ing cool is that?
                        dude! I just found this out yesterday while at the Natural history museum. Blew my mind as well.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

so...

How f*ing cool is that?
                          I must investigate these dinosaur birds...

Comment

There's nothing on TV, so I'm watching 'the official kerrang rock 100' on 4 music.. I expected it to make me feel old. I'm surprised to see that it hasn't changed since I was a student. Same old bands, same old tunes... Has rock just stayed still?
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              There's nothing on TV, so I'm watching 'the official kerrang rock 100' on 4 music.. I expected it to make me feel old. I'm surprised to see that it hasn't changed since I was a student. Same old bands, same old tunes... Has rock just stayed still?
                              no... rock died. It has been replaced with bubblegum pop. There are still serious rock bands, but they don't really get any radio love, any more.
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

no... rock died. It has been replaced with bubblegum pop. There are still serious rock bands, but they don't really get any radio love, any more.
                                Bubblegum pop? What on earth is that? Sounds fun! ^^

On closer inspection, this wasn't a recent show. It was from quite a few years ago. So I guess that's why it was a lot of the bands that were around in my uni days!

Comment

Working...
                                X