This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

My best friend was arrested today. He's definitely going to be doing some time.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I have a job again! In a library!

Comment

I went to the gym!
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          So Sally Yates has been sacked for standing up to Trump. No doubt replaced by a hand-picked 'yes man'. At what point do we start referring to the US as a dictatorship?
          I think now? At least I have already... just a blooming one though. It's like watching historyhappen from afar. Which would be ever so interesting if he didn't have access to nuclear weapons.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            So Sally Yates has been sacked for standing up to Trump. No doubt replaced by a hand-picked 'yes man'. At what point do we start referring to the US as a dictatorship?
            The DoJ answers to the President. A full Attorney General saying, "We aren't going to back the President's move here," is asking to be replaced. Yates was not a full AG. She was a deputy AG acting as the full AG till Trump rounds out his Cabinet. Of course she was gonna be fired for trying to block Trump. If she didn't try then eventually she was gonna be stuck dealing with a Trump loyalist serving as AG anyway because Cabinet positions are Presidential appointments and always have been. Yes, Trump is a moron and an ass but getting rid of a defiant deputy AG isn't even stretching his authority and similar acts of defiance would likely have gained the same result from prior presidents. There's nothing special here beyond a placeholder AG thinking they can defy their boss in a situation that doesn't involve invoking the 25th Amendment.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well, not since Nixon and the Saturday Night Massacre...
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 31 Jan 2017, 07:22.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

One small fact comes to mind..I hesitate to invoke a certain internet taboo subject,so I will speak in general terms. In the past in a certain land,people were tried for deeds done by a certain political group who lost a war to another land. The people tried used a defense with the argument that they were "ONLY following orders",but that did not save them from their punishment(I suppose a fatal flaw) The point is we(all of us) are responsible for our personal deeds,good or evil when confronted about them in the future.

The future may shift again,and history may indeed return to bite some on their butts.

Have a pleasant future(and save your butt from the past indiscretions)
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^That trial was the reason for the Milgram experiment. Long story short, anyone can be horrible when they're ordered to

Comment

Facebook reminded me that today is Chain's birthday. I really miss him.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My family and I have the flu. I hope I get better soon. Ugh.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        Facebook reminded me that today is Chain's birthday. I really miss him.
                        Me too... thanks for that fb
                        Last edited by Heka; 31 Jan 2017, 11:01.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          The DoJ answers to the President. A full Attorney General saying, "We aren't going to back the President's move here," is asking to be replaced. Yates was not a full AG. She was a deputy AG acting as the full AG till Trump rounds out his Cabinet. Of course she was gonna be fired for trying to block Trump. If she didn't try then eventually she was gonna be stuck dealing with a Trump loyalist serving as AG anyway because Cabinet positions are Presidential appointments and always have been. Yes, Trump is a moron and an ass but getting rid of a defiant deputy AG isn't even stretching his authority and similar acts of defiance would likely have gained the same result from prior presidents. There's nothing special here beyond a placeholder AG thinking they can defy their boss in a situation that doesn't involve invoking the 25th Amendment.
                          yes. buuuut. It takes a special type of president that would make anyone in your cabinet bail. He's a repugnant waste of abortion tissue.

but ask me how I really feel. I've given up on being pc and giving pieces of poop a chance. I'm done. You don't deal with poop by wearing pearls. You wear your crappy pants and crappy shoes and crappy attitude. That's me.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Actually, no. Civil servants are NOT required to obey the president. It's not in our oath of office, and it is contrary to the very reason there is a federal workforce, which is to a) provide continuity between the insanity of public opinion and b) to do their actual job, regardless of the insanity of the individual the public puts into office. In fact, the ability to TELL the president that something is unconstitutional, unlawful, unscientific, etc IS actually the job of these agencies and their personnel (at least the higher up folks--people at my level just do the work).

Civil Service Oath:
                            I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched the news where they pointed out that that DOJ is supposed to be a CHECK on over reach and to point out when a POTUS puts something forward that might be considered not allowed by the constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

This is interesting. Google news has added a section named "Executive orders"

Link to that section.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                Actually, no. Civil servants are NOT required to obey the president. It's not in our oath of office, and it is contrary to the very reason there is a federal workforce, which is to a) provide continuity between the insanity of public opinion and b) to do their actual job, regardless of the insanity of the individual the public puts into office. In fact, the ability to TELL the president that something is unconstitutional, unlawful, unscientific, etc IS actually the job of these agencies and their personnel (at least the higher up folks--people at my level just do the work).

Civil Service Oath:
                                I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
                                Just my personal opinion here but the Attorney General has to uphold the laws the President signs into law until the Courts officially rule them to be in violation of the constitution. The AG by his or herself is not in a position to make that determination and advising or stating such a position to the Dept. of Justice would be a violation of that office. May not like what was signed into law but still have to perform your duty and the duties of your office.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X