This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm thinking about sleep and how much I miss it.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Someday, a member of my family needs to develop a better solution to his tech problems than "throw money at the issue and hope it goes away."
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

While browsing my zombie audiobooks, I've found quite the fun sub niches. One that's in my audiobook folder is called Zombie Bake Off. Yup. Just like it sounds. And I've come across some westerns and steam punk too.

Thinking work stress is like level RED. We need our manager. I was actually in our payroll doing stuff. Because there was no one else to do it. I hope I didn't just screw up everyone. Oh well.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Suddenly 'needing' to read all sorts 'meaningful' things & get myself more connected again, while my attention is needed elsewhere. Or at least that's what I'm thinking. It's probably my mind just using one of the best excuses it has to get me to procratinate pretty much guilt-free.

Comment

How society is doing a lot better with tolerance and stuff these days, and how great that is. I watched a southern baptist deacons testimony about him dealing with his son being gay. And how at first he was completely against it and even hated his son for it. But he came around and realized how ridiculous his actions were as a father. And that being a father meant unconditional love.

If a southern baptist deacon can come around, just about anybody can. I'll admit I'm still not sure how homosexuality works, I'm not sure if its a born thing, a learnt thing, or a choice or whatever the arguments are. I haven't researched it enough to form a good thesis on that. I also know it doesn't sit 100% right with me and that I don't 'get' how somebody can not like the opposite sex. However I do know that no matter what, people shouldn't be discriminated against or fear persecution from family friends or whoever just for who they love. Whether or not they choose it, who gives a shit. I also know that 10 years ago, if you asked me my opinion, I would have said something very rude and ignorant and dismissive. So yeah, things are getting better.

Just felt like writing a paragraph because some old friends have come out, and it kind of reminded me of the whole situation.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

It has been said that when someone you are close to comes out that you quickly become more tolerant,because suddenly it is not a stranger. I also am hearing the phrase "Some of my best friends are gay",or I have gay friends as a kind of mark of being modern and cool.(remember the I have black friends from years back)

It is better,but there is still backlash at times,as there was with race issues.

Time changes things..and we move on into our future...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

4 days 'til real pizza. 6 days 'til racetrack. WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Just one question left to answer on this exam... but it's the hardest one.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Besides my daily flashcard reviews on anki, which I can usually rattle off in under 20 minutes these days, I didn't study Japanese at work these last two nights. I took one of my books of shadows on Friday night, then sat listening to some of Mrs Penry's podcasts while doing the finance check last night, finding a spare half hour to do a short meditation/visualisation exercise.

Then tonight, not one but two of my Japanese language partners came onto skype. The girl I'd scheduled to chat with's headset wouldn't pick up sound, so we just text chatted. This meant I could chat to both friends at once. I've done it in English, but I've never maintained two chains of conversation in Japanese simultaneously before. It pulled me in so deeply into 'Japanese mode' that when I tried to write in English to a third contact, I was messing up my spellings and grammar, writing such masterpieces as 'he sais he'll rijoin the forum'.

I came away thinking.. this is how life should be. I should ditch the textbooks at work and use those spare minutes to read something spiritually uplifting. The Japanese will take care of itself, developing in its own time. Time to start living again methinks! Time to be more than 'you know, Jembru, that one who speaks Japanese'.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

food, drink, swords not necessarily in that order

Comment

I watched a movie on Lifetime about Marilyn Monroe and I'm totally convinced she was exactly my kind of Aspie. People say we live in a dream world, but truth be told, all we want is to find just one other person who's wired the same way we are.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My laptop is doing that free Windows 10 upgrade offer. But I want to wait to see what others find before I do it. Anyone else get this offer?
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            My laptop is doing that free Windows 10 upgrade offer. But I want to wait to see what others find before I do it. Anyone else get this offer?
                            We're doing this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Does that only work for people with win8 and up? I haven't seen anything about a free upgrade to win10 but would try it.... It's free. And I have a win7 install disc, if it turns out to be crap.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Make sure it is actually an install disk and not just a restore disk Juni,lot of newer systems just get the restore disk. Also as far as I can tell,the windows 10 upgrade is for the first year,and a yearly fee after that(they are going the lease not buy route with just maintenance updates,but no new system,as in no window 11)
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X