This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Sorry about that. Maybe you should put some aloe on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
      Sorry about that. Maybe you should put some aloe on it.
      I put aloe on it. And regular lotion. Still itchy.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        I know you said to exclude the apple pie, but there is a truly North Eastern variant that I think EVERY ONE should indulge in. Instead of topping it with ice cream or whipped cream, add some very sharp cheddar cheese. Trust me. It's amazing.

Also, you've got the differences between a frappe and a milk shake (which Rhode Islanders call a "cabinet"). All these years, everyone has been ignoring the proper frappe and calling it a milkshake. The frappe is the one that is syrup/ice cream/milk, while the milkshake is syrup/milk whipped up until it is super frothy.
        Cheddar cheese on my apple pie is the only way I will eat it. I don't want it with ice cream!!
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

If you were closer, I'd be all over that!

The hubby has wanted a hedgie *forever*.

If it comes down to it, if you have a good SPCA, it can be a really good option. The one here very occasionally has hedgehogs, the charge a FORTUNE for them so that only the very interested adopt them, and they require proof of a vet and all sort of other stuff (when we were getting our rescue hamster, they were in a week-long adoption process...for us and the hammie, it just took a 24 hour wait).
          Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          If you were in Texas I would take him. We have a female so adding a male wouldn't be that hard, wed just buy a new table and set up a cage.

I wish you guys were closer... or I was closer... or I had a teleporter...

I've never heard of a 24 hour wait to rescue a hamster. It's good though, at least they aren't just giving animals out willy-nilly to whomever passes by with $20 and a spur-of-the-moment-whim.

He's the easiest pet ever, especially since he hit his 1 year birthday and calmed down a lot (compared to his super-wiggly quilling baby days). I've actually offered to re-home him without the "fee" people tend to put on rehoming hedgies (because they want to be sure the adopter will invest the money to take care of them properly); but that's largely because I would know who would be adopting him personally and know they're responsible for it. But the cage, chi setup, lighting setup, liners, etc... just go with him so he doesn't have to adjust to an entirely new environment.

My sister is asking some of her (and my former) colleagues at the animal shelter she (and I used to) volunteer at to see if any of the animal lovers there are interested. If all else fails, my sister said she would take him in and take care of him (they're still on the fence as to whether or not they actually want to adopt him themselves). But at least the urgency of NEEDING to have a home found for him before our flight has been mitigated a bit.

Comment

Really worried that a repetitive stress injury will hurt my bike riding capabilities. Yet I'm an idiot because sitting on my step-sons computer talking to you guys irritates it more. I think I have the beginnings of carpel tunnel, but I don't know.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Why I feel morning sick every day. We are trying out for second child, still I have taken pregnancy test and no baby yet. So really do not understand this feeling like vommit feeling in the morning.

Also just got up and wondering why it is when you have weekends your child decides it is morning like 5 o clock, but when he has to go to kindergarden he does not get up untill 9.

Comment

I am thinking Comcast is crap..really,I was surfing and guess what a pop up thing right in the middle of my surf asking me to answer a survey about Comcast internet..

Really? do I need to have this happen,I search about this and get questions to comcast in their forum about this intrusive popup,and see they canned it for being inappropriate.

Thinking perhaps finding another IP,cause DAMN....
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sorry about that, Doc.

Comment

That happens Doc,its an age and wear thing..also the Comcast thing it seems is a fishing thing by scammers...but still Comcast need to hit it hard..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Just moved everything out of the china cabinet, etc. AGAIN. The floor people are coming Tuesday. Hopefully this horrid little saga will finally reach a happy ending. I'm not often sad or whatnot but this deal has taken a toll on me.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Bachelorette party plans have been revealed. After a talk I had with one of my nerdy girlfriends the other day, she somehow convinced everone that a harry potter dress up party was a much better idea than strip clubs. I owe her one
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Watching How it Should have Ended with the kids...

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Those be so cool Thal...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                              Why I feel morning sick every day. We are trying out for second child, still I have taken pregnancy test and no baby yet. So really do not understand this feeling like vommit feeling in the morning.

Also just got up and wondering why it is when you have weekends your child decides it is morning like 5 o clock, but when he has to go to kindergarden he does not get up untill 9.

I started getting morning sickness (really, anytime I smelled something funny sickness) around the same time I had implantation spotting. Its how I knew I was pregnant, but I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a pregnancy test to be positive still.
                              A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                                Oh. Crossing my fingers for you Luna the tests aren't nessecarily positive to begin with, it can take a few weeks.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...