This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I fly to Vancouver tomorrow for the first time in just over two years.

My family doesn't know I'm coming. Partly because I was enamoured by the idea of just showing up on my mom's doorstep, but also partly because I was paralyzed by the thought of somebody being excited to see me.

I'm going home for a visit. Except, I don't feel like I'm going home. I feel like I'm leaving home. Or maybe I've changed and it's not home anymore, and I don't know where my home is.

I have to keep telling myself, 'it will be fine. it will be fine.' ...but my heart doesn't know where on the wind it blows.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Ready to get through this week so we can go "vacation", we fly to Wisconsin Sunday and I am super excited. Can we just go now.
      Just in time for the freezing rain season.

Dress warmly.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hubby just gave me a ring he picked up at Four Corners many years ago (before we met). Random gesture but it's a pretty ring. It feels weird on my finger though. Not so weird on my wedding ring finger (I'm used to having a ring there) ... but on the other hand, totally weird.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I fly to Vancouver tomorrow for the first time in just over two years.

My family doesn't know I'm coming. Partly because I was enamoured by the idea of just showing up on my mom's doorstep, but also partly because I was paralyzed by the thought of somebody being excited to see me.

I'm going home for a visit. Except, I don't feel like I'm going home. I feel like I'm leaving home. Or maybe I've changed and it's not home anymore, and I don't know where my home is.

I have to keep telling myself, 'it will be fine. it will be fine.' ...but my heart doesn't know where on the wind it blows.
          Follow your heart, then. It won't deceive ya.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Just in time for the freezing rain season.

Dress warmly.
            I will I will, well as warm as I know how. I don't know if I am equipped to handle it but I'll do my best.

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            Hubby just gave me a ring he picked up at Four Corners many years ago (before we met). Random gesture but it's a pretty ring. It feels weird on my finger though. Not so weird on my wedding ring finger (I'm used to having a ring there) ... but on the other hand, totally weird.
            OHHHHHH new jewelry, I love new jewelry. May I see it?
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Woah. I dozed off on the big king size bed while there's a Cops marathon on Spike. I've decided I'm not putting on my alarm clock tomorrow. Just gonna wing a ding ding it. And maybe Olive Garden for lunch before the zoo. It's down the street.

I'm super sleeepeeee
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So, lately I've been stuck with dreams of my future kids. They haven't really changed in the last ten years since I started having them and it's always been one girl and twin boys. With this going on, my boyfriend has been super patient and supportive of it all and putting up with my craziness....however this morning I think he might've made it worse and in the process of teasing me about it all, he dropped the wonderful bombshell that his uncle has twins-which means that twins run in BOTH of our families. We spent a good 20 minutes laughing over just how much trouble we are in
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

My biological father is in the hospital dying right now and I have no idea how I feel about it... Surprisingly ambivalent about the whole thing.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Flood

The other day I got home from the library. My brother told me there was a flood in our house. He said the flood come from the bathroom all the way from the old bedroom. The toilet bowl was overflowing. He also told me the Fire Dept. was there to stop flood. So anyway my brother clean up the flood and the toilet bowl is working again.

Comment

Drinking a wonderful cup of coffee, purusing the forum and enjoying the silence that is currently in my apartment. I am also so very excited about my vacation that starts Samhain night. Did I mention it snowed in Wisconsin last night. I've never seen snow this early in the year before. Of course there is a huge chance it wont be there when I get there but thats alright. I also have 4 interviews when I get up there. Kp has 2, and the decided plan is if he is offered a job and takes it he will fly back home give his notice and we will pack the uhaul and I will send him on his way to stay here for a few more weeks and make as much extra cash as I can before I go.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Best of luck on the jobs!

We had a light dusting of snow overnight three times last week.

Enjoy the Land of Dairy (before I was born my parents lived in Wisconsin. This is no longer true, I'm sure, but, at that time, it was illegal to sell yellow margarine in Wisconsin because it took away from the butter sales).
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

About to get a new tattoo.

STOKED.

Mostly art.

Comment

Breeders' Cup tomorrow & Sat. YAY!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

6 weeks til moving/new job
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                6 weeks til moving/new job
                                That's exciting!

I started playing Dragon Age Origins again, for the third time. I've never finished it yet, so maybe third time's the charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X