X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    11 people have drowned in lakes & rivers around here within the last 6 weeks or so. More people drown around here every summer than back home in the real ocean! Kinda weird.
    The sediment at the bottom of a river or lake gets a lot of people. Like being stuck in a sucking mass and your unable to break away. Don't tend to find that on a beach though brackish water has it a lot. One reason I suppose lots of drownings in relatively shallow waters. I think people in general misjudge lake / pond water and the undercurrents and deep currents in river's.

One aspect I was glad I never had much interaction with as a member of the fire dept.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

That I haven't been here in forever, and the last time I was here I said the same thing.

I'm SO busy these days, and when I get on its usually on Tumblr. I miss this place, but I also know I've been away so long I know I've lost touch.

I hope everyone is well <3.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
      Loneliness is one hell of a thing. Don't under estimate the things people will choose over being alone.
      This reminds me of a picture someone took that just haunts me for some reason. Its of a table in a bar, and on one side of its someone carved into the table "I don't love him, but he's here and you're not." I think about it sometimes. It's implications are profound, and to me at least, existentially frightening.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I'm reading this book and it reminded me of the first time I ever had a "real" talk with my counselor. I came into her office and we exchanged greetings and then she asked me, "Are you being a good girl?" Lol. I didn't know what to say and spouted something about good and bad and moral relativism.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I'm thinking about what a long and hard day it's going to be. We're moving today.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I've actually heard people say they'd rather be in an abusive relationship than be alone. They are in an abusive relationship with themselves already! I'm very grateful to not be wired that way. I've always sought out solitude.
            Originally posted by Malflick View Post
            This reminds me of a picture someone took that just haunts me for some reason. Its of a table in a bar, and on one side of its someone carved into the table "I don't love him, but he's here and you're not." I think about it sometimes. It's implications are profound, and to me at least, existentially frightening.
            That's really interesting stuff, and shows what I was trying to say. Thanks for sharing!

I'm obviously not recommending being in abusive relationships, but between those and perfect relationships there are a lot of shades. I can totally understand the appeal and want of being in a relationship you would normally not want to be in just to avoid that feeling of loneliness.
            [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
              That I haven't been here in forever, and the last time I was here I said the same thing.

I'm SO busy these days, and when I get on its usually on Tumblr. I miss this place, but I also know I've been away so long I know I've lost touch.

I hope everyone is well <3.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I've missed you! Glad to see you pop in for a few. Do you do Facebook? Pm me if you do. We should be friends there!
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm glad this day of moving is over, but we have more moving to do. The movers were total a-holes and didn't help us move the entire house like it should have been. I am so worn out and my body hurts. I will be glad when this whole frigging thing is over.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I keep ghosting on this forum and I simply don't have anything to say anymore. It's very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    My Thalassophobia
                    Good lord you have reminded me why I have a huge problem with going into the ocean... or any large body of water. I also have this unnatural fear of being in pool by myself cause I just know something is in it with me and going to get me when I go underwater..
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Funny, I just posted this somewhere on FB: I had just graduated from high school in NJ when Jaws came out. I saw it in the theater with friends and went down the shore the next day. We were all out in the water yelling "shark" and scaring each other to death, laughing, because we were 18 and immortal!
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I found a slime mold today!

Now I have a new pet!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          Good lord you have reminded me why I have a huge problem with going into the ocean... or any large body of water. I also have this unnatural fear of being in pool by myself cause I just know something is in it with me and going to get me when I go underwater..
                          I never really though about what was in the water until I was on ship. More than a few times you could see sharks following in the wake of the ship. Sometimes that dorsal fin cutting above the water, other times like some dark torpedo trailing us in the water. I recall going into the Marmara Sea as we headed to the Black Sea and this long slender black figure coming up from behind and eventually passing the ship. Given the water was a bright green color the black figure really stood out in contrast and you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            I found a slime mold today!

Now I have a new pet!
                            And suddenly I have the urge to watch that sci-fi classic, "The Blob"!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Nah if it deals with slime have to watch the movie GREEN SLIME it's pretty hokey and all but still a fun movie. Typical Japanese kiddy horror / sci-fi genre along with effects so can be a bit telling on its age.

Comment

Check this out. This is the slime mold I found - the beautiful "Dog Vomit Slime Mold":

The Creeping Garden

The video is AWSOME!

(Contains reference to The Blob)
                                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 28 Jun 2016, 11:00.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X