This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Time to arm up. Somebody seems to be planning a coup.

In AMERICA.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Watching those creepy SI-FI movies again B. De.?...OH wait.. Is it the scary Dr. FU Man Chito?????????
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Watching those creepy SI-FI movies again B. De.?...OH wait.. Is it the scary Dr. FU Man Chito?????????
        Aliens amongst us. The Orange Slime.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Time to arm up. Somebody seems to be planning a coup.

In AMERICA.
          I have my fingers crossed for a revolution. When democracy fails, there can be only anarchy or totalitarianism and I'd rather have the former. Heck, I'd even be up for a coup. Better an honest monarch put there by the people than a dishonest president put there by corporations.

Still no franchise, but at least the people have their say. As much as I'd hate to see the Kingdom of America, I prefer it infinitely more than the "People's Republic" of America. Monarchies aren't great but they are far and away better than sham democracies.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Watch out for the NSA bots scanning your text Denarius...just saying..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It is my humble opinion that those who want a revolution should pick up their arms and stand in the front lines, all on one day.

That way the rest of us can do some quick mop work and go back to our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                This sounds familiar. Well the self-sabotage part at least. It's something I'm also working on at the moment. In my case I have a tendency to go to work even when I really should stay off, although I recognised this pattern and allowed myself to call in sick last Wednesday. It did me so much good and the world didn't end and no one died through the night without me here.

I'm working on a blog post currently called 'the subconscious mind is an asshole' (might change that if I get around to posting it), because I had always thought of the subconscious as being this special part of me that is wise and knows what I really need and has all the answers if only the noisy chattering conscious mind would shut up and let me hear (probably confusing it with the 'higher self'). The truth I've discovered is that the subconscious mind is not so smart. It is programmed from childhood to make us repeat patterns of behaviour regardless of whether they're good or bad. It's Keith Stanovitch's 'type 1 thinking' which has its uses, but can go very wrong if the automatic reactions it drives aren't helpful to us. It can keep us in a poverty mindset fir example, or it can perpetuate negative self-talk, or make someone grow up thinking she was dumb because she was a year younger than many of her classmates so constantly made to feel stupid when all she wanted was to be praised like the other kids... yeah, it's a work in progress and still a bit raw! ^^

Aanyway. I don't have anything to say that can help, but I just wanted to let you know I can relate to your situation, and that others have to battle with similar vicious cycles of behaviour/thinking. Sometimes it just helps to know that we're not all living in the glossy shiny world that's portrayed on social media!
                It really was helpful to see I'm not alone in this, even if it's not exactly the same. I would love to read that blog post when it comes out, I haven't really thought of it like that, only thinking "there's a part of me that wants to keep failing, and a part that wants to overcome it all" but never did I equate it to the subconscious mind. While it may be just semantics for my part, that's really an interesting idea. After posting that, I did some communing with my Goddess and contacted someone that I can schedule a tarot reading with. I just have to figure out what I really want in life.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                  It really was helpful to see I'm not alone in this, even if it's not exactly the same. I would love to read that blog post when it comes out, I haven't really thought of it like that, only thinking "there's a part of me that wants to keep failing, and a part that wants to overcome it all" but never did I equate it to the subconscious mind. While it may be just semantics for my part, that's really an interesting idea. After posting that, I did some communing with my Goddess and contacted someone that I can schedule a tarot reading with. I just have to figure out what I really want in life.
                  It's a fairly new concept for me too. There was a documentary, I think on the on the BBC, earlier in the year about the way we make errors in thinking and it went into depth about type 1 and type 2 thinking, explaining how much of our daily choices and reactions are actually driven by type 1 thinking, which uses less cognitive energy by simply following set patterns that it has used before. That kind of got the ball rolling for me and I started to see that things like affirmations, hypnosis and visualisation are all just tools we use to attempt to rewrite some of the programming of this type 1 thinking so that the unconscious decisions we make serve us better. Then at the start of the month I started looking at the things I do to get in my own way and realised just how much my unconscious mind is driving my decisions to do things like cancel Japanese practice, or to only notice people who are thinner/prettier than me in a crowded street and conclude that everyone is therefore thinner/prettier/smarter/more successful (etc) than me, instead of seeing the true diversity and my place within that. I'm not saying it's easy to rewrite these patterns, but identifying them is a helpful first step because then you start to catch yourself doing it and your type 2 thinking can step in and try to intervene!

That's good that you found time to speak with your Goddess. Hopefully that has helped to get things moving in the right direction!

I'm still not sure what I want in life. Either I'm kidding myself that I'm happy doing what I'm doing, or I'm already on the path I'm meant to be on. I haven't figured out which it is yet.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm thinking how much I loved the new Logan trailer. So good!
                    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                      I'm thinking how much I loved the new Logan trailer. So good!
                      I loved it too!
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Doing a project writing about wedding venues in the US. I can't believe some of the prices that American venues charge! I'm in the process of planning a wedding in Berlin, and it's so much cheaper. In Berlin, 1,500 Euros (just over $1,600 USD) will get you a room in a freaking Prussian palace, and the catering and stuff isn't that much comparatively.

We're not going that route because it's still outside of our budget, but yeah. A lot of other costs seem a lot lower too. I can't even fathom spending 27,000 Euros ($30,000 USD, which is still slightly under the average cost for an American wedding) on our wedding. For that kind of money here, you can get the best of pretty much everything except maybe the dress.

- - - Updated - - -

I have read the past few pages of this thread now and all I can say: I'm confused.
                        I just read the updates in this thread. All I can say is, WT actual F.

Comment

I am thinking Weird Al is a national treasure.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            You can spend insane amounts on weddings here! Dresses alone can be many thousands of dollars. People do a lot of fancy stuff for proms now, too, that wasn't done when I was a teenager.
                            Same. I mean, Canada seemed a lot more casual anyway compared to the US (We did the formal wear and hair/makeup, but only a few people at my school bothered with limos and stuff), but it seems like even there people are going all-out more than they did a decade and a half ago. Weddings are just as insane in Canada as they are in the US. I think some of it is price hikes we don't have here, but some of it also seems to come down to expectations. Germans don't care if you pick your own bouquet from your garden or don't have matching decor to tie everything together. You can just rent a restaurant out and that's that. Everyone is fine as long as there is enough for everyone to eat and drink their fill. I guess the only thing that might get pricey is the wine and beer. People expect open bars at big family events (not just weddings). Even if we do a backyard wedding (which is looking likely at this point), we have to buy enough beer and wine for everyone for the whole night. Alcohol is a lot cheaper here than in North America, but that can still add up.

I'm glad I can sew! We're not having an overly formal wedding, but I still want to have a nice knee-length dress in satin and lace, and even those cost several hundred Euros (the dress is the only thing that costs about the same here...those price hikes are international!) I can shave a few hundred Euros off by sewing it myself. I also told H I'd make his suit. We figure it's a good opportunity to get him a tailored suit that he can wear again later. With all that sewing to do, I'm glad we opted for a long engagement!

Comment

That's how I wish weddings would be, not having to enter a marriage with insane amounts of debt or needing everything to be "perfect" or anything like that. I'd prefer a small ceremony in a park wearing cosplay and go to the courthouse and sign a marriage license to all that other stuff.

Comment

Best idea,save that money for after you are married cause getting started is expensive.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X