This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I had this problem up till about my mid 50's. I have always been thin,and I mean with such a high metabolism that I had to constantly eat high calorie foods just to insure I did not lose weight. I am 5' 11" and averaged between 140-160 most of my life. I also worked a very physical job(lots of lifting dragging,pushing) so I was also very strong(What people call wiry)

I would also forget to eat from time to time(My ex always reminded me to eat) When I get "Involved" in a project(like the computer) I can forget a lot to eat. Once got down to 130 and my waist got to 26..had to eat a lot of desert to gain that weight back.

So it does work both ways,and I got a lot of flack for being too thin from some people.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm thinking about how badly I would react to a complete stranger telling me I'm fat and need to lose weight.

Teetering between verbally castrating them or just bombarding them with sarcasm. I'll probably opt for the one that won't land me in jail. But seriously, if a random stranger actually has the balls to approach me with said advice, they won't walk away smiling or feeling better about themselves.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

In high school I went on a lengthy kick of eating less than 700 calories a day because it was SOOOO important to wear bikinis, etc. It made me mad when people said how great I looked when I felt weak and dizzy most of the time.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          No, they tell overweight people they are fat and need to lose weight.

I've been "congradulated" on my grocery cart before. Seriously.
          I gotta laugh.

I'm a skinny guy because that's my morphology. No matter how much I eat, I stay thin - maybe a bit of a pot belly that goes away quickly.

If you look at my shopping cart, you'd expect me to be way, way overweight...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^^^ If you looked at mine, you'd expect me to be thin. LOL No desserts, no fast food, no bread.

What's interesting to me is an obscure experiment with white mice, where a pregnant female was given DES and another wasn't. Their female offspring were fed/housed/exercised identically. The DES daughter mice, upon reaching mousey adulthood, gained weight rapidly. I'm a DES daughter. I think much of metabolism is hormonally based, in everyone.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

No one ever tells me anything.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Lately I have been thinking about how much I have changed in these past 2 years and not only then, I have changed a lot since I started my spiritual journey in October of 2014. I am just but a babe when it comes to spirituality but I am learning every day and practicing what I need to every day, or as much as I can. For the most part I can say that my mood has drastically changed. I am more of a passive person now. Nothing really gets to me and if something does, I just tell myself "It is only a problem if I think it is a problem" and that makes everything okay because it is true. I am taking each day as it comes now and no longer worry about the future, what I cannot change for I do not know it. I have felt more at ease with myself and more laid back. I am very happy that I am not as easily irritated as I was before. Even with the medication I am taking for bi-polar, meditation and different frequencies of binaural beats have made a great impact on my being. A wonderful one. I know it is not because of my medication because I have been on them for years now and I have never felt like this. It truly is amazing and I look forward to continuing on my path.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

For the record, my spouse is considered overweight but I wouldn't change him for anything. Until it begins to grate away at his health, it's no kind of thing. Plus, he's the best pillow ever.

I'm thinking of putting some money toward a real dslr camera (a newbie one) so I can actually have a shot at getting the kind of detail and manipulation in my photography that my little point-and-click camera (which is now worth $20 on amazon) just won't allow. Looked up prices for the camera itself, and for a few different filters last night. I can't justify the amount of money just yet, but maybe I'll get it for myself as a going-away present when we move later in the year. I wish I had the skills to make some money at it so I could justify the expenditure. :P But oh well.

Comment

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/12/81...-is-dead-at-66 Terry Pratchett has died...
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                      Whaaaaaat?!

Comment

Yup,just saw that on Google News...RIP
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sometimes, it dawns on me that I'm in Germany and that I'm fluent in German. I guess that's a little weird because I've been here for a decade, but it's just sort of like a realization that I wasn't always here. It's like a little part of my past life peeks out and goes "hey, this is pretty crazy."

Comment

Selling my DSLR. I used to have a bridge camera. When it broke I 'upgraded'. Turns out I don't really need a DSLR and it'd be nice to have some money in the bank...

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                              Selling my DSLR. I used to have a bridge camera. When it broke I 'upgraded'. Turns out I don't really need a DSLR and it'd be nice to have some money in the bank...
                              If you weren't all the way in Scotland I'd volunteer to possibly take it off your hands :/
                              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                              sigpic

Comment

So when we had our roomy from hell, we had an electric bill of $200. He would run the a/c when he wasn't home and a loud space heater at night.

The bill now that he's completely gone for the 3 of us? $65.

That bastard.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X