This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I'm getting tired. Thinking. It's almost funny how I look at people like they look at objects. Had a discussion with my teacher about right and wrong today.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Doing the whole no sugar thing again. Now that the holidays are done, this should be easier. Why do I have to love chocolate so much?
      A few years ago I would have happily lived off chocolate, but then I found out I'm lactose intollerant (and I never liked dark chocolate much) so Inkind of had to give it up. Now I can actually get lactose free milk chocolate, but I've found I don't like the taste anymore. Might not be much comfort, but ot gets easier to live without.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post

A few years ago I would have happily lived off chocolate, but then I found out I'm lactose intollerant (and I never liked dark chocolate much) so Inkind of had to give it up. Now I can actually get lactose free milk chocolate, but I've found I don't like the taste anymore. Might not be much comfort, but ot gets easier to live without.
        Yeah. I've done it before. I just have a bad habit of making exceptions during holidays. I prefer milk chocolate over dark, too. I try and try with dark because it is the healthier of the two but I can't stand the taste. It's the sugar in milk chocolate that I love lol. Going sugar free does amazing things for me, psychologically and metabolically so it'll be worth it again, but the withdrawals suck.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yeah. I've done it before. I just have a bad habit of making exceptions during holidays. I prefer milk chocolate over dark, too. I try and try with dark because it is the healthier of the two but I can't stand the taste. It's the sugar in milk chocolate that I love lol. Going sugar free does amazing things for me, psychologically and metabolically so it'll be worth it again, but the withdrawals suck.
          We have sugar free chocolate here, it's not as good, but it might help stepping it down slowly?
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

You are a brave and strong women!
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post

We have sugar free chocolate here, it's not as good, but it might help stepping it down slowly?
              I'll have to look around for options around here (for reward-snacks, if it turns out that I like it) but cold turkey usually works better for me. I seem to be more self-accountable of its a sudden change, than a gradual one.

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post

You are a brave and strong women!
              Haha. I try? I may be absent, or less active for about a week if I get really cranky.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              Sneak Attack

Comment

I'm going through a phase of weighing the pros and cons of being a tattoo artist. Is it crazy that I'm still thinking of possible career changes at 25?

Pros:
                Get to express my creativity
                Put my degree (studio arts) to decent use
                Sounds fun

Cons:
                Apprenticeship is all but required (which I understand is a necessity, but it means time with minimal to no pay) (and all but meaning no body takes you seriously if you don't do it, but the state doesn't require it)
                Unreliable paycheck
                Can be sued just because someone doesn't like the piece (I would hope that that's not typical, but everyone mentions it)
                I'd probably end up covered in tattoos too... and I've already got 4. And my husband is against being covered in them.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  Actually, we've kinda got ya covered already!

Oh, I hadn't noticed. Sorry for that I'll take a look, then.

Perhaps I should! I'm quite lazy when it comes to the process of learning a language. My weakest point is definitely grammar which I'm not very motivated to learn.
                  However, I do watch German TV (when I visit my parents), read stuff in German and try to discuss in German with people who can speak it. (I refuse to speak English in public anyway.) It's still there!
                  Sorry to ask, but why do you refuse to speak English in public? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I'm going through a phase of weighing the pros and cons of being a tattoo artist. Is it crazy that I'm still thinking of possible career changes at 25?
                    nope, I'm 30 and going back to school for pastry.

im thinking that sometimes I feel a little bit burdened by my baby, but then she smiles at me and I don't mind so much.

Im also thinking about David Bowie.
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      Is it crazy that I'm still thinking of possible career changes at 25?
                      I'm 31 and going to school for a career change. I read once, the average person changes careers 4 - 7 times in their life time. This will be my 4th career change.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                        nope, I'm 30 and going back to school for pastry.
                        Where are you going to school for pastry??? I ask because I am super super against anyone going to school for the culinary field. Unless its a community college. Which is still expensive but manageable. $40,000 in student loans for a culinary/pastry degree that no one in a kitchen/bakery gives a damn about. You will graduate school and make NO money. I've been in this industry for 7 years and I still make NO money. I have worked 2 jobs for the last 7 years. So you interested in pastry that's great. I love it with all my heart, and wouldn't give it up for the world. That being said go get a job in a bakery/restaurant, they will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know, and you will save a ton of money. If I could do it over again I would never have gone to school. I was absolutely clueless when I walked into that kitchen even after my 40 grand... Sorry about the soap box, the more people I can save from that debt the better.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

For some reason I googled "huge wine glasses". The results were scary.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Some people really are complete idiots. Like for reals. That and it's time to cook my chimichanga!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
                              Sorry to ask, but why do you refuse to speak English in public? Just wondering.
                              Cos it's horrible mumbling when I speak English. I use it only if I don't have any other language to talk to someone.
                              baah.

Comment

*squeeeeaaal* I'm working today! yes. I get super excited every time I land the smallest job.

- - - Updated - - -

*squeeeeaaal* I'm working today! yes. I get super excited every time I land the smallest job.
                                Cos it's horrible mumbling when I speak English. I use it only if I don't have any other language to talk to someone.
                                Here's a clip of a lovely Danish accent to make you feel better https://youtu.be/CTozrTpxldM (that guy is our former minister of foreign affairs)
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...