X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
    I work Grave shifts so frequently have to stay awake when my body would 100% rather be sleeping.

What works for me? Hold off on caffienne until you don't have an option...that'll maximize it's impact on your body. Sugar is the same way (stay away from chips and things during the time when you're awake awake...fruit and things like that are ok, but refined sugar will bring a crash)...you don't want to start in too early or you'll crash (probably hard).

Another thing that helps (me) is if you can get a little sleep - say, 2 hours - at some point, that can give you a decent refresher for awhile.

If you need to be driving while you're tired (not recommended of course), turn on your AC, take off your shoes, and blow the AC on your feet. The cold (esp on your feet) will help keep you awake.

You could also try meth.
    Thanks Rok, I'll try and use some of these tips, minus the meth lol.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post

For those of us that can't tolerate Indian food, but would still like to give our companions the option, steak is my food of choice. Just saying. Honestly, I'd rather not go in the first place, but if it helps me get laid...
      Well clearly if there are other motives... lol
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        So through the latter part of my childhood my shoulders always got tingly and uncomfortable when I exercised and no one could tell me why. Apparently this falls into angina pectoris which may be a symptom of cardiovascular disease. It hasn't happened in years but it is slightly concerning.

Some people genuinely think Obama is a Muslum and because of this is supporting Islamic fundamentalists and this bothers me greatly for a number of reasons. On a related note I recently learned someone leans much farther right than I thought, and might be a bit whackier too. She thinks antibiotics have made viruses more resilient (which they have because people stop taking them and they develop resistance) but that this has lead to dead virus in vaccines being capable of spontaneously returning to life and making the person contract the sickness and then be capable of spreading it. A lot of things people say lately have me thinking " you know that doesn't sound quite right"

She also gave me the homosexuality is wrong speech (though seems to think I'm bi for some reason?) with the stipulation that Christians should be tolerant because tolerance and acceptance are not the same thing. Which actually sounds pretty progressive, though it had that undertone of scorn. Either way, she's not overtly hostile and she invites me to BBQs and has me babysit her kids so... plus I borrow her books. Meh.

Oh I almost forgot that Obama somehow pushing Islamic ideals in the U.S. while championing the fight for marriage equality, which is causing 'massive civil unrest'.

OH and all religions are essentially monotheistic because they all have a leader god that's more important than all others, this god is almost always male, and his son gets into some shit, so all religions are basically Christianity. Though, in her defense she did say Christianity might not be the one true path. I mean it's certainly skewed with a christian lens but it's not a terrible way to view other religions. The justification being that after Babel fell and language was divided the stories people had were scrambled from being translated and over time have altered into different religions. It's interesting but I'm afraid to argue with some inaccuracies or logical failures she has.
        Good grief, Corvus...that raises all sorts of red flags for me.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

What if......JFK made some kind of "deal with the devil" that he'd allow himself to be assassinated, and maybe even his son eventually killed, if the Russians would swear not to nuke anything, back in the 60's? Anyone think this is possible?
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Doubtful. Russia had just as much to lose by tossing nukes as we did. No need to start offering oneself as a blood sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the dead have difficulty enforcing treaties. Live presidents, less so.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A little autistic girl who lives around my complex asked me if I had cancer today- probably because she was curious about my half shaved head. I told her that I didn't. "Oh good, that's good," she replied. It was kind of endearing.

Comment

I need to hit up Kansas.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

A man got on my first bus looking like Luigi from Mario Bros. But then he had a red hat that had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle eye mask over it. Then he blew up a balloon until it popped. Then the bus driver pulled over and called the PoPo over. And they made him get off the bus. The fire truck came too. I think he was coocoo.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thinking about buying a sewing machine. Goth clothing is just far too expensive here - $300 for a plain black canvas coat with some straps and D-rings sewn on - no thanks.

Comment

Need more of a challenge.

7-18-14.jpg

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        Need more of a challenge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3280[/ATTACH]

My best time challenges you to knock 4 seconds off of your best time.
                        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Myrrh. It's a funny word.

Myrrrrrrh.

Why is the 'h' there?
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                            Myrrh. It's a funny word.

Myrrrrrrh.

Why is the 'h' there?
                            You go 'huh' at the end. Myrrrrrrrrrr (roll this bit) rrrrrrr huh!
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3281[/ATTACH]

My best time challenges you to knock 4 seconds off of your best time.
                              Wow!

Nice time, bro! Ill let you know what I can manage but I'm kind of doubting beating that time. It took forever to get the 2:38.

Comment

You two are like old geezers.

*I play mahjong. Apparently I'm an old Asian geezer.

I'm thinking I really should be a senior citizen. I went to the Walgreens to see if they accept my MediCal insurance to re-fill my prescriptions. They are down the street from me and I would be able to do re-fills on-line. They did. And I actually did the fist pump thing at the counter!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X