X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm pretty sure I walked 20k+ steps today (at work) but forgot my pedometer so I have no proof. I also went through an obstacle course to get to a camera installation location on a roof. Exercise achieved, I don't care what anyone says. Now, time for a 4 hour class with two quizzes.

I'm le tired.
    holy ba-cheeses. Good job!

My news: The purchase of our new home settles tomorrow and we can move in early January once the current tenants move out!! http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...west-119742479

- - - Updated - - -

Don't mind the blurb, it's a bit cliche!

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post

holy ba-cheeses. Good job!

My news: The purchase of our new home settles tomorrow and we can move in early January once the current tenants move out!! http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...west-119742479

- - - Updated - - -

Don't mind the blurb, it's a bit cliche!
      Congratulations! This is an exciting step for you, yes? I'm happy for you.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        Cute house! I love the blue (one of my two favorite colors).

I had to deal with a suicidal student today. Thank God that the person she texted told me...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I imagine you managed to talk some sense and helped to make it less than a tragedy.(I have done that,and it takes its toll B. De.)

You be a good man B. De.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The house is empty. And it's quiet. (in between my marathon show!). I got up and went downstairs for the pizza man. I pet the dog. I changed the bird water. And that's all I'm doing for the day.

And I didn't even put on pants!

(ok. I'm in a sun dress)

Other than saying thank you to the pizza dude (the creepy one, if you have been following along with my pizza man story) I plan on not saying one single word to one single human being today. It feels great!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Training to be a pizza restaurant manager has been...interesting. Halloween is going to be a nightmare. I'm insanely tempted to claim religious holiday.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Anybody have any experience with vpn's in public wifi areas? I'm considering using a free one while using the hotel's free wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Anybody have any experience with vpn's in public wifi areas? I'm considering using a free one while using the hotel's free wifi.
                  I haven't used a free one but I haved used one. The particularly good ones will move about as fast as normal internet, encrypt your traffic (so that random people can't monitor you with a 40 dollar radio, a laptop and free software) and let you appear to be somewhere else to the sites you visit. They're vastly more secure than normal wifi use long as you have a good one.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm going with a usually paid one, but offering a free trial. Which is perfect because I just need it for my vacation trip in the hotel. Not that I'm going to do banking and stuff. But I just don't want people snooping on me.

Comment

Just finished giving an hour massage. Man, I really need to figure out proper posture. And techniques. But it's only the end of week three...
                      Time for bed.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

After a while your muscles will remember everything,Muscle memory thing. The repetition helps you do things without thinking about them.

If this makes you happy,and allows you to love your work,you are indeed lucky.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I just bought the first christmas present of the year. Yes. It's october. Yes. I'm ashamed of myself. But what's done is done... I don't know how long shipping will be anyway.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            I just bought the first christmas present of the year. Yes. It's october. Yes. I'm ashamed of myself. But what's done is done... I don't know how long shipping will be anyway.
                            I may be getting artistic again this year, since yet again I'm pressed for cash, and because my family is so damn hard to shop for anyway. Last year, I made scented candles for everyone (pine, cinnamon, and cranberry, and peppermint) which seemed to go over well. This year I may take large chunks of broken glass (from an old glasstop table that I'll hit with a hammer lol), grind down all of the edges, and hand paint seasonal images on them such as pinecones, evergreen sprigs, and snowflakes. For a few bucks, I can get some wood blocks to make a base, and carve out a spot to put a tealight behind it.

Comment

I'm usually done Christmas shopping by now, but I'm unmotivated this year!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                I may be getting artistic again this year, since yet again I'm pressed for cash, and because my family is so damn hard to shop for anyway. Last year, I made scented candles for everyone (pine, cinnamon, and cranberry, and peppermint) which seemed to go over well. This year I may take large chunks of broken glass (from an old glasstop table that I'll hit with a hammer lol), grind down all of the edges, and hand paint seasonal images on them such as pinecones, evergreen sprigs, and snowflakes. For a few bucks, I can get some wood blocks to make a base, and carve out a spot to put a tealight behind it.
                                That sounds awesome they'll love it.
                                I might be getting a bit creative too. I bought a harry potter purse for my sister in law ^^ I might make some jewelry to go with it.
                                But most of our presents this year will be kitchen stuff. We got a lot of things for the wedding that we didn't need, and couldn't get a refund on... now we have a lot of gift certificates we can't really use... cheap christmas gifts! Yay.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...