Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Spa night in T-90 minutes.

I'm going to go draw sharks until then.

Comment

I'm thinking this wine is a bit stronger than I thought. Wooooooo

Comment

I'm thinking that I wish I could have a Mike's Hard Lemonade right now. I live in an apartment building for disabled adults and no alcohol is allowed. This sucks for me.
        "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

My brain:

Why am I trying to finish this beer? I stopped drinking it hours ago. I should re-read Game of Thrones. The house smells like paint. The peach colour isn't as peachy as I thought it was. I have swiftwater rescue training tomorrow. I'm going to die in a river with a helmet on. Why do I need a helmet on? I need a helmet because I might die. Oh god, I'm going to die. I'm definitely going to die.

Mostly art.

Comment

I informed KP I want to go get a library card tomorrow and asked him when was the last time he had a library card? He responded never... how has a person never had a library card? He loves to read just as much as I do.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
              I'm thinking that I wish I could have a Mike's Hard Lemonade right now. I live in an apartment building for disabled adults and no alcohol is allowed. This sucks for me.
              Why isn't alcohol allowed? I work in a shared house for 5 adults with various learning disabilities and mental health diagnosis. Some are advised not to drink because of medication they're on, yet we'd never tell any of our residents that they can't have a drink. Not unless there was a best interest decision made by a multidisciplinary team, and the paperwork to back this up. They're adults, they have a right to make their own decisions, even decisions we might think are risky. We give them all the facts, tell them the consequences of drinking, but the decision is theirs to make, and as such, we do have alcohol in the house.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Why isn't alcohol allowed? I work in a shared house for 5 adults with various learning disabilities and mental health diagnosis. Some are advised not to drink because of medication they're on, yet we'd never tell any of our residents that they can't have a drink. Not unless there was a best interest decision made by a multidisciplinary team, and the paperwork to back this up. They're adults, they have a right to make their own decisions, even decisions we might think are risky. We give them all the facts, tell them the consequences of drinking, but the decision is theirs to make, and as such, we do have alcohol in the house.
                I'm not sure why it's one of the rules. It just is. It's a shame, really. I'd love to make Bosc pears in a red wine reduction sauce at my apartment. That's tasty. I once served it at my mother's house with mascarpone cheese and biscotti.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                  I'm not sure why it's one of the rules. It just is. It's a shame, really. I'd love to make Bosc pears in a red wine reduction sauce at my apartment. That's tasty. I once served it at my mother's house with mascarpone cheese and biscotti.
                  It's crazy. It sounds like institutionalization. How dare they make assumptions about what people can and can't decide for themselves. I can understand rules like 'no pets', or 'no smoking' in rented/shared accommodation, but no alcohol is just someone forcing their ideals on other human beings. Sorry to get ranty. I'm just really passionate about such things, and the fact that you said it's an apartment for disabled adults, implying that some people are there because their choices are limited by accessibility, makes me mad. Like the owners are saying, 'you're disabled so you don't get to make your own decisions and there's nothing you can do about it'. Gaaah, I could spit at such people...
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's crazy. It sounds like institutionalization. How dare they make assumptions about what people can and can't decide for themselves. I can understand rules like 'no pets', or 'no smoking' in rented/shared accommodation, but no alcohol is just someone forcing their ideals on other human beings. Sorry to get ranty. I'm just really passionate about such things, and the fact that you said it's an apartment for disabled adults, implying that some people are there because their choices are limited by accessibility, makes me mad. Like the owners are saying, 'you're disabled so you don't get to make your own decisions and there's nothing you can do about it'. Gaaah, I could spit at such people...
                    It really does sound stupid to not let people drink. Most of the people here aren't physically handicapped. Most of us have some sort of mental illness and/or a developmental disorder. How can they let people have dogs but not alcohol? Well, you need permission to get a dog, but my point still stands. I don't know. Maybe they're afraid that an alcoholic tenant might find out about someone's booze and break in. That sounds insane, though.

Comment

My ex-step-brother lives in a group home and no alcohol is allowed. He has sort of studio with a kitchenette (half-sized fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and sink) and his own bathroom, but the actual home can't have alcohol. Its considered a sort of medical facility by the state. They'd loose their licensing. Its probably a good thing--my stepbrother is mentally and developmentally a perpetual teenager, plus (before he got moved to his own room) his old roommate was a total klepto. When they go out to eat though, some of them can have alcohol with their meal.

ETA: TBH, it mostly comes to liability. Alcohol interferes with a lot of mental health medications...a lot of medications in general really. And a good number of mental illnesses are made worse with drinking. Add into that other health problems that come with a number of developmental disabilities...Downs syndrome and heart problems, for example, or my brother who has a non-specified developmental disability has had about a dozen surgeries on his heart, kidneys, and liver...its just easier and less complicated to make a facility-wide rule. The company that runs the home is liable for the health and welfare of its residents---they don't want to be sued by the family if something happens.

...its sort of like college, we couldn't have alcohol in the dorms either.
                      Last edited by thalassa; 17 Jun 2015, 02:58.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Really enjoying the change of scenery. I miss my cottage, but I know that once I fix up the garden in my new back yard, it'll be just as comforting as what I left behind. Plus, there is a family of wild cats that live in an old shed near by. It'll be just wonderful to watch them from afar.
                        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I think I have heartburn. I stopped taking omeprazole for a couple of days for this medical test and I think I'm starting to get heartburn again but I don't know why. I've been eating such basic and organic food.

Does pms cause heartburn sometimes?

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I think I have heartburn. I stopped taking omeprazole for a couple of days for this medical test and I think I'm starting to get heartburn again but I don't know why. I've been eating such basic and organic food.

Does pms cause heartburn sometimes?
                            Its not a common symptom, but yes it can--some of the girly hormones relax the gut muscles. Same reason people have digestive issues on the other end sometimes.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Mindfulness techniques.

Comment

I feel I have a prion disease. My brainz....slowly going to sleeeeeep.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X