This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

FFS London. Another incident. Looks like it was a 'retaliation' attack this time. A van hit worshippers leaving a mosque.

We don't need more of this.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      FFS London. Another incident. Looks like it was a 'retaliation' attack this time. A van hit worshippers leaving a mosque.

I just heard. It's getting to a point where, when I hear about an incident, at first I'm not clear if they're talking about a new one or a past one. How sad and awful.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Today my parents and I will be celebrating Father's Day. It just makes me feel more grateful that I have my dad right now. I know that in the future though, he won't be around and that scares me. He's been there for me all my life and some people don't get that love. Everyone deserves the love of a great dad.
        And here I am, just grateful that I don't have a father anymore. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

I agree Jembru. I know a lot of us don't agree with each other's religion, but is that any excuse for violence? Hell no! Hell I don't agree with a lot of things people do, but I'm not going to shoot people up because I can't get my way. We don't need this kind of violence in the world.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I still have a hard time with the concept that because someone does something morally appalling, it is okay to do that thing in response. I understand that sometimes force is necessary for self-defense, but emulating abhorrent behavior because an enemy did it first makes no sense to me. I heard it all the time to justify very shady actions in Iraq. "Well, Saddam Hussein did horrible things to his own people." So that makes it okay for us to do horrible things to people, too? We want to be more like him?

- - - Updated - - -

I still have a hard time with the concept that because someone does something morally appalling, it is okay to do that thing in response. I understand that sometimes force is necessary for self-defense, but emulating abhorrent behavior because an enemy did it first makes no sense to me. I heard it all the time to justify very shady actions in Iraq. "Well, Saddam Hussein did horrible things to his own people." So that makes it okay for us to do horrible things to people, too? We want to be more like him?

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              And sometimes, it doesn't get better. It just gets different.

It'll be two years next month for me. I've found new love, moved in with them, and am genuinely happy in my relationship now.

Do I still mourn for my ex? Of course. Does it hurt less? No. I just accept it better than I did two years ago.

You don't always get over someone. Sometimes, life just goes on anyhow.
              Genau. Exactly.

I know what's up. Sometimes things just change and sometimes things DON'T change. Either way, it is what it is and will be what it will be and all we can do is keep waking up.

But it doesn't mean that I feel good about it, even if I know it's for the best.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post

- - - Updated - - -

On principle alone, I agree. History has shown us, though, that if you go to the proverbial gun fight carrying a knife, you will be slaughtered, enslaved, conquered, etc. Or as I like to put it, being a happy, healthy rabbit scampering in a field, the best rabbit in all of creation, will attract the hungriest of hawks with the keenest of eyes.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yes, this is why I bolded the part about protecting yourself. It is just that there are, in my opinion, many cases in which we have the means to protect ourselves without resorting to the methods of those we hold up as evil. To be honest, I don't particularly see the US military as an hapless rabbit, for instance.

If you are risking everything to protect your culture, or your life, you want to leave it one worth saving.

Comment

I think I have a brain crush on the Scottish geologist on all the BBC geology documentaries. Or maybe its an accent crush. I just like streaming documentaries that he hosts.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      I think I have a brain crush on the Scottish geologist on all the BBC geology documentaries. Or maybe its an accent crush. I just like streaming documentaries that he hosts.
                      Who's that?
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Thinking Thal is a groupie for a science guy..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Who's that?
                          Iain Stewart
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I have noticed that our glorious leader has yet to even mention the 7 sailors that died in the collusion of a destroyer and a container ship. This seems somewhat weird because we lost 7 people who served in our navy protecting our freedom.

See here.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I have noticed that our glorious leader has yet to even mention the 7 sailors that died in the collusion of a destroyer and a container ship. This seems somewhat weird because we lost 7 people who served in our navy protecting our freedom.

See here.
                              Yep USS Fitzgerald. Rumor mill also says came pretty close to loosing the whole ship after that bull nose ripped into the bowls of the destroyer. Either way agree the President has been pretty quiet about that whole mess.

Heck really haven't heard him say anything about the Syrian aircraft shot down or how Russia has said it will now shoot down any allied aircraft in the region.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thunder storm at 6.30 on the morning of the solstice? This is definitely a first for me!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X