X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Do you journal? All I know is what works for me obviously, but in my case journalling is really helpful for making sense of messages and whatnot. You don't even need to spend much time on it either. For instance, I have one of those week-to-view diaries where there's not much space per day so it forces me to be brief. I use that to scribble down any synchronicities, dreams or meditation messages as well as document any spells or rituals I've performed. It helps me to see the wider picture when I read back through and see all the little hints laid out together.

When I'm not sure about something I like to make spider diagrams in my spiritual journal and then see if I can spot repeating themes are whatever. Or if there appears to be a contrast, such as you're finding with Gaia/Morrigan, I try to see of there is anything that could bridge the gap. For example, is there a goddess that embodies traits that they both have, like a dark mother figure? Or could your patron be the triple goddess and she's showing you a different face depending on the phase of the moon (it is the time of the crone after all!! ^^). You don't have to be right. But you can throw about ideas and then let your understanding gradually develop over time!

Like I say, I don't know that journalling works for everyone, but if you're really stuck and haven't tried that approach yet, it might be worth a shot.
    I've considered doing this from time to time, but the way you've explained it, it really makes sense and would make things easier on my part. And well, if it's the time of the crone, then that would make sense being that the darker earth goddess she seems more distant and prodding me forward from a distance, though that's not the feeling I'm getting from the other goddess, who still seems more loving. But thank you, this really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
      I've considered doing this from time to time, but the way you've explained it, it really makes sense and would make things easier on my part. And well, if it's the time of the crone, then that would make sense being that the darker earth goddess she seems more distant and prodding me forward from a distance, though that's not the feeling I'm getting from the other goddess, who still seems more loving. But thank you, this really helps!
      Glad it helped! It's the new moon today so maybe see how the goddess appears to you over the next week. If she seems to be more youthful then maybe she is the triple goddess. If she's still crone-like, then she maybe is nature personified because we're entering winter in the northern hemisphere. Could be another explanation though, so if the idea is appealing to you, definitely give journalling a try. Maybe you'll keep encountering a particular bird, or hear a certain song that helps hint at the answer.

If you're anything like me though, try not to worry too much about being right. I'm forever questioning my 'insights' at the time, and everything seems so trivial and speculative. Then when I look back over the process months later, it all seems to flow seamlessly and feels like some higher part of me was in the driving seat after all!

Ha, I'm actually sat here with my journal open as I type this. I'm making my action plan for the next cycle and doing exactly what I just warned about. One of my actions is 'try sitting at a different side of the table when studying'. Ooh, profound stuff. Lol
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Our wedding cost $537.
        Mine cost 20K. Which is a cheap wedding really. But not when comparing to your 537 buck one haha.

Most of our cost went into equipment hire and catering. Living out here in whoop whoop nowhere meant that we even had to hire tables chairs cutlery and glasses etc. Catering for 100 people, 2 courses plus cake isn't cheap either.

Other things we got super cheap. DJ was 200. I got a couture wedding dress for 1200. All the flowers for bridesmaids, men, family members, children etc cos like 550.

I like the idea of lanterns instead of bouquets. I'm gonna go see if I can stalk your wedding on fb to check it out haha.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I don't even though think I have wedding pic on FB...we don't have FB at the time, lol.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

This is my father and me on my wedding day in 1981. My dress cost $150. and the reception was at a nice catering hall and cost $25. per person LOL How things have changed!!!
            wedding2.jpg
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Nice pic Hawk,and that is a very good price even for 1981

- - - Updated - - -

I had not imagined you as blonde BTW
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Nice pic Hawk,and that is a very good price even for 1981

- - - Updated - - -

I had not imagined you as blonde BTW
                Thanks - I was blonde from 1973 - 2000. My natural color is dark brown and now has some grey streaks!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  I don't even though think I have wedding pic on FB...we don't have FB at the time, lol.
                  Turns out I didnt stalk anyway haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Got kind of a cold response while meditating today. I felt part of the time as if there was a malignant entity pretending to be The Morrigan, and then I realized I didn't cast protection over myself or ground myself. I felt my goddess was there with me at least part of the time, but very brief. Even though I'm unnerved, I'm not backing down on my plans of what I felt my goddess set out for me to do. By the time I do what she asks me to do, I'll likely get more clarity then. Learning better patience like this is hard.

Comment

I'm thinking about a teacher I had in primary school who told my parents that I lacked imagination. My mum was heart broken because I was a very imaginative child and my teacher just didn't know me at all. I was struggling academically, which turned out to be the school's fault, so to my mum, my imagination was my greatest gift. She describes that day as the teacher robbing me of the one thing that made me special in her eyes.

I'm thinking about all the things I share here on Pagan Forum... about the worlds I visit and the animals and guides I speak to even as an adult. No imagination? Seriously?
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I just wrote out a 2 page test for my high school students. I didnt type it. I hand wrote it. I stuck a few musical excerpts on it, but I still wrote it all out my hand. Old school af

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Hope you did not make them read real hand writing,in this digital age their brains would fry.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm still in the mood for skipping one lecture today because there must be better ways to start a week than sitting in a crowded room full of hyperenthusiastic (read: extremely loud) or couldn't-care-less-about-anything-but-partying-gigglegiggle Finnish major freshmen.

Or maybe I'm just a bit too judgmental. But I get teenage year flashbacks in that very room. And an inferiority complex when they open their mouths and everything that comes out is flawless academic Finnish or something witty.
                            baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              I just wrote out a 2 page test for my high school students. I didnt type it. I hand wrote it. I stuck a few musical excerpts on it, but I still wrote it all out my hand. Old school af
                              What do you teach?
                              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Hope you did not make them read real hand writing,in this digital age their brains would fry.
                                Of course I do. Suckeerrsssss.

Actually our connectivity here is shitty. Handwriting is still easier for them than typing.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment