This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I think Art is every Jr High kid's favorite class....if that helps any.

I think I'm going to do a lot of fun stuff this weekend. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      I've been offered a full-time art position at the Jr. High.

In one way, this would be great - less work than English, and... It's art!

But, on the other hand, I don't do change well... and changing schools & grade level is a major change...

Well, I'll call the Jr. Principle tomorrow and see if he can talk me into it...

I'm conflicted.

The most awesomely fun class I ever had was junior high art class. My art teacher was fabulous. I never did much with it afterwards, but it was rather wonderful.

Plus, for all that people complain about them, I've found that middle school kids in a group are loads more fun than high school kids. Less attitude, and more earnestness. You can poke and prod their creativity out while it still has a chance of making a difference in their character (or does that sound jaded?).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I'm developing a definite lean.

Even if it just means I don't have to teach Shakespeare to 9th graders...

And 2hrs of homework each night, coupled with 10 on weekends...

And I can drop that God damned journalism class, and teach something I actually believe in...

I believe in art.

Wow.

Personal discovery.

I can't let my anxiety run my life any more!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Go for it Corbin! if only to save yourself the pain of teaching English.

I'm thinking people should stop tacking 'survival' onto their factions server name when advertising a minecraft server because it keeps popping up in my search box. For those who dont know survival is minecraft like the single player version, factions is player vs player combat designed to have people battle. Generally a real survival server has individuals doing whatever they want and pvp is disabled. Factions is literally the exact opposite where people need to band togethor and are actively trying to kill one another.

Also, if I read one more 'raiding is aloud!' sentence I'm going to flip.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            I'm developing a definite lean.

Even if it just means I don't have to teach Shakespeare to 9th graders...

And 2hrs of homework each night, coupled with 10 on weekends...

And I can drop that God damned journalism class, and teach something I actually believe in...

I believe in art.

Wow.

Personal discovery.

I can't let my anxiety run my life any more!
            Yahoo for the arts!!!

Sincerely, the Music teacher
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yeah, B. What she^ said. Yahoo!!

Obviously, there's questions I'd want answers to, like a change in the commute or a change in the pay, to really say one way or the other but I think the real bottom line is that you should ENJOY what you do for a living. Working with kids, on their artistic qualities, I feel, has got to be a far richer and more satisfying experience than working with them on their language skills. Then again, as you know, your mileage may vary.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm thinking that 700 miles SUCKS!
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

MO posted a link to us games tarot listing in a different thread and I've found so many new decks to add to my wish list. Gosh, I love it. I just adore tarot decks.
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    MO posted a link to us games tarot listing in a different thread and I've found so many new decks to add to my wish list. Gosh, I love it. I just adore tarot decks.
                    It always amused me when I sold games just how much of the product listing for US Games Systems was tarot decks. It didn't make them an astonishingly useful supplier but they were amusing.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've picked two I really like. Most seem kinda trashy or uninteresting but there's some gems in there. That first one is so nice.
                      Circe

Comment

I've had two alcobolic drinks tonight. And I'm staying out late on mocktails.

Not exactly "diet" but better than all the sugar etc plus the alcohol.

I had one glass of amazing cab sauv with lunch. Quite yummy. And I made it last 3 courses. Unbelievable for me lol. I saved my other drink to have with a friend. We got some glenfiditch 12 and it was delicious!

I am attempting to learn to have fun without alcohol. But I'm just tired now haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I bought a Kobo at a garage sale for $10. I asked after the price, they told me, and I said 'I'll give you $10.'

And they said yes. It works, no scratches, nothing. Just missing the cable and I have one at home.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm thinking the lack of response to the raffle sale I'm doing over on my studio page is a bit depressing :/
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about how I'm not going to get much sleep tonight before I have to be up at 3:30 am to go to work. One day I hope to catch up on the sleep that I've lost. Uh-huh.

Comment

Got my doc appt at 3.30 today. Discuss meds etc with the gp. No appt with rhe counsellor though. His fundings cut, he doesn't come here anymore, but we had a chat on the phone. See how I go.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment