X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
    I don't know why it's important for me to know my father. He abandoned my mother and I for reasons unexplained and denied me. I have been considering making a strong effort to find him and introduce him to my son. But this morning, I thought he doesn't really deserve to have the ease of knowing me now as an independent adult and having the pleasure of meeting his grandson. Yet part of me is still pretty keen to find him.
    Maybe you deserve the closure of knowing...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

If I don't feel better tomorrow then calling out from work is a serious possibility. This may or may not cause heart attacks for my managers.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

^^^^ Did you eat some bad brains or something? Seriously - hope you feel better!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think 'someone' is sending me messages. With a clue-by-four.

Time to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            ^^^^ Did you eat some bad brains or something? Seriously - hope you feel better!
            Nasty pizza I reckon... so not like you to make a mistake MO.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm thinking about Chain
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I feel more relaxed now that I straightened up my bedroom and closet. It wasn't anything huge, just some disorganization that I've been putting off, but knowing everything is back in its place makes me feel better.

Comment

Making chana dal like it's been a hard day and I don't give a damn.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I'm thinking about Chain
                    Me too
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

A lot of foreigners here complain that everything is so difficult in Germany. I don't think it's that things are harder here, but that they have a language barrier. I used to have soooo much trouble finding out official information or finding out where to get things/do things/etc. Now, I just google it and I always get the right answer without having to dig. Figuring out how to get a fishing license? No problem! Finding out where I can recycle broken electronic items? Easy! Cancelling my mobile contract? Aside from the legal 3 month notice period, not hard at all.

I know that language barriers are difficult to deal with, but so many people blame Germany and don't even think that improving their German might solve the problem.

Comment

well, everything being in german could be a problem for someone who doesn't speak german But really, isn't it like that in any country with a language that's not your own?... German isn't that hard to learn ^^
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I had a dream where our Rants and Decline of Humanity section was deleted... I'm glad the dream is over... Phew..
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Discovered the post office no longer offers a reasonable price for overseas shipping (there used to be a boat option, rather than a priority flight option). It cost me $53 to ship a small (12x14x10"), light (clothing filled) box out to the in-laws for Christmas.

Now I'm pretty certain I'll be replacing the vast majority of my books with kindle editions before we relocate.

Fortunately, most of the Lovecraft collections are $0.99 for the kindle. I just have to verify how thorough they are when they say "complete collection."

Comment

Check out flat rate prices.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So we had fireworks go off a bit ago. And now the helicopter was out and about circling with the spotlight. I love my city.

(closes curtains)
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X