Page 2 of 945 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now?

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I figured, after 10K posts and counting, it was time to trim this puppy down!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Re: What are you thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    Game of Thrones?
    Absolutely not!

Its a series from the early 90's about the Pony Express.

Also, regarding diets... I just stumbled across this and it cracked me up: http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philp...ght-loss-study
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

Yay! Newer, slimmer thread my phone will actually load!

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Went into the bathroom on the other side of the house, the one I don't usually use, and found what I thought was a mushroom growing out of the carpet.

It was actually a really old potato, and I have no idea where it came from or how long it had been there. Methinks spring cleaning is in order.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Radical Pagan
    Phrase
    Get s'more toilet paper.

I made a new friend today. He's a Chinese man who was born deaf, but luckily we were able to understand each other. I think he talks some BS, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. He lives in Hawaiian Paradise Park, which is a very green subdivision in the Puna district, and has all kinds of cool trees and things. Plus he has a Great Dane and a poodle who were very into the attention I gave them.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    Went into the bathroom on the other side of the house, the one I don't usually use, and found what I thought was a mushroom growing out of the carpet.

It was actually a really old potato, and I have no idea where it came from or how long it had been there. Methinks spring cleaning is in order.
    I actually did find a mushroom growing out of the bathroom floor once...
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Nov 2005
    Religion
    Pagan Polytheist, primarily Dionysian

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    I figured, after 10K posts and counting, it was time to trim this puppy down!
    Cool!

I went to get a cleaning done at the dentist yesterday and they told me I had some cavities they could fill while I was there. I didn't know I had cavities, but I said, sure, why not? I don't know what they did, but whatever tooth they worked on is going to have to be pulled in a week, and there's another tooth on the other side just as broken, so ... until my extractions next week, it's soup, mashed potatoes and pudding for me. Yay.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I'm crying in the bathroom of a pub, because I finally managed to confess my feelings for a friend of mine the other night, and she returned them, but just sent me a text message that she's decided to leave the country at the end of the month, never to return.

I can't even pretend not to hurt.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I'm crying in the bathroom of a pub, because I finally managed to confess my feelings for a friend of mine the other night, and she returned them, but just sent me a text message that she's decided to leave the country at the end of the month, never to return.

I can't even pretend not to hurt.
    Holy crap. That's some serious coincidence. Sorry you put yourself out there. That's a big ouch. I've so been there.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I really think sometimes I might be in the early stages of Old timers thing. There have been memory issues that pop up from time to time. Like mixing up peoples names off and on,not all the time but it has happened. Not sure what to think,but I am 67,and there is always the off chance that that might be my future.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was