X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Went into the bathroom on the other side of the house, the one I don't usually use, and found what I thought was a mushroom growing out of the carpet.

It was actually a really old potato, and I have no idea where it came from or how long it had been there. Methinks spring cleaning is in order.
    I actually did find a mushroom growing out of the bathroom floor once...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I figured, after 10K posts and counting, it was time to trim this puppy down!
      Cool!

I went to get a cleaning done at the dentist yesterday and they told me I had some cavities they could fill while I was there. I didn't know I had cavities, but I said, sure, why not? I don't know what they did, but whatever tooth they worked on is going to have to be pulled in a week, and there's another tooth on the other side just as broken, so ... until my extractions next week, it's soup, mashed potatoes and pudding for me. Yay.

Comment

I'm crying in the bathroom of a pub, because I finally managed to confess my feelings for a friend of mine the other night, and she returned them, but just sent me a text message that she's decided to leave the country at the end of the month, never to return.

I can't even pretend not to hurt.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I'm crying in the bathroom of a pub, because I finally managed to confess my feelings for a friend of mine the other night, and she returned them, but just sent me a text message that she's decided to leave the country at the end of the month, never to return.

Holy crap. That's some serious coincidence. Sorry you put yourself out there. That's a big ouch. I've so been there.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I really think sometimes I might be in the early stages of Old timers thing. There have been memory issues that pop up from time to time. Like mixing up peoples names off and on,not all the time but it has happened. Not sure what to think,but I am 67,and there is always the off chance that that might be my future.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I really think sometimes I might be in the early stages of Old timers thing. There have been memory issues that pop up from time to time. Like mixing up peoples names off and on,not all the time but it has happened. Not sure what to think,but I am 67,and there is always the off chance that that might be my future.

Nah.

I grew up around references like "not-a-stove" referring to a dishwasher, or "not-a-mouse" referring to a snake of some sort. And people that were generally known by no less than 3 or 4 different names. Not including variations of those 3 or 4.

I tend to view sometimers, these days, as more of a practical application of discerning useful versus useless information. And I rather like how much can actually be described now as trivial or useless.Where I parked, the name of my doctor, my girlfriend's name...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ok perhaps I am just this guy.

Let’s all admit something: being in government ain’t easy. Between all the lies you have to keep straight, counting all that bribe lobbying money, and constantly looking over your shoul…

"Governin': Sen. Dan Coats Questions The Wrong Witness At The Wrong Hearing"
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

jeeze V that is really crappy... Life is a real bitch sometimes, it doesn't mean you will never see her again though, or she really doesn't wanna bi in Canada ever again even to visit?
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Holy crap. That's some serious coincidence. Sorry you put yourself out there. That's a big ouch. I've so been there.
                    That's what I thought too. I felt really bad, because I was out for some live music with Tim, and then I got this text from her saying she couldn't make it tonight (she was supposed to come hang out too), and that she's decided to leave the country, maybe Mexico, she wasn't sure. She assured me she wants to hang out before the end of the month, but I felt awful. I was hurt, and then I was hurt because I didn't want to be hurt, and then I excused myself to go to the bathroom, and ended up crying a little. I thought about texting her to tell her I would miss her, but I never did.

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    jeeze V that is really crappy... Life is a real bitch sometimes, it doesn't mean you will never see her again though, or she really doesn't wanna bi in Canada ever again even to visit?
                    She's Australian. Her visa expires in September, but we have been making plans to move her into our new cabin once we move in, because she needs a place to stay for the summer. It was her idea, and both Tim and I liked it. But now she's decided to leave early, and travel, I guess. She's not even sure. I asked to meet up after I was done yesterday evening, and she agreed, but then while I was waiting for her, she sent me a text saying that she's sorry, and she's at home now, and she chickened out. So I just wished her a good evening and went home to bed.

She's lovely. So lovely. And I'm the first girl in ten years she's had feelings for. And it scares her, I think.

Mostly art.

Comment

When I took my extended vacation in crazy town, I was (and am still working on it) able to get through the worst of it because I had the support of a very solid family, friends (including those here), a great job, and a great place to live.

Since then, I've been concerned about those with similar problems - and worse problems - but DON'T have the kind of support I have. For me, it was three years in hell. For them, it must be life in unbearable hell.

So I've been casting around, looking for something I can do to help them

I've just signed up for a for a class offered through the school district called "Emotional First Aid" so I'll have a better idea how I CAN help.

I'm pretty exited, and looking forward to it.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        When I took my extended vacation in crazy town, I was (and am still working on it) able to get through the worst of it because I had the support of a very solid family, friends (including those here), a great job, and a great place to live.

Since then, I've been concerned about those with similar problems - and worse problems - but DON'T have the kind of support I have. For me, it was three years in hell. For them, it must be life in unbearable hell.

So I've been casting around, looking for something I can do to help them

I've just signed up for a for a class offered through the school district called "Emotional First Aid" so I'll have a better idea how I CAN help.

I'm pretty exited, and looking forward to it.
                        That sounds awesome, Corbin!

Mostly art.

Comment

Totally agreed^

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

We just finished our taxes. We owe $12,000.

I give up.

Not only can I not win, I can't even come close to breaking even.

I think I may start making meth in my basement.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              We just finished our taxes. We owe $12,000.

I give up.

Not only can I not win, I can't even come close to breaking even.
                              What the hell!?! How is that even possible? Yikes!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                                What the hell!?! How is that even possible? Yikes!!
                                I'm not sure. I think there are instructions for making meth somewhere on the internet, though.

Oh wait. You mean the $12,000...

Well, here are the instructions for anybody who wants to end up where I am.

Fall into the perfect storm of hard luck. Begin when you are young, or you can't get there as easily.

Graduate from college during a very bad recession. Get a low paying job. Work for about 15 years, 10-16 hours per day, 6-7 days a week.

While doing that, go to night school, so you can get a better degree, and a better job.

Graduate, get the job. Buy a house.

Have a long series of disasters which cause you to take out a home equity loan so you can keep the house.

Have the home equity fall due when the economy collapses, so that you can't refinance the house to pay off the loan, because after paying on the house for 15 years, it is now worth less than you owe on it.

Continue to have unavoidable and costly disasters.

Suddenly discover that the job you worked so hard to get has made you the political scapegoat of "the powers that be," who cut your pension, while also requiring you to pay more into it for the less you will be getting.

Have the "powers that be," who have now declared you to be evil incarnate because you'd like to see kids get a decent education, force pay cuts on you year after year after year.

Gut your retirement account to pay off the home equity loan.

Figure out the penalty for gutting your retirement account.

End result?

You owe the IRS $12,000.

This all isn't nearly as easy as it seems - it requires a lot of luck, and all of it needs to be bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X