X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by iris View Post
    *squeeeeaaal* I'm working today! yes. I get super excited every time I land the smallest job.

- - - Updated - - -

*squeeeeaaal* I'm working today! yes. I get super excited every time I land the smallest job.

Here's a clip of a lovely Danish accent to make you feel better https://youtu.be/CTozrTpxldM (that guy is our former minister of foreign affairs)
    Scandinavians always seem to hate their accents in English, but English speaking people love them. Actually, I think most English speaking people love most European accents.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Scandinavians always seem to hate their accents in English, but English speaking people love them. Actually, I think most English speaking people love most European accents.
      Agreed! Foreign accents are always on some point of the scale between cute and sexy! Mind you, I'm shy about my Japanese accent too. It's why I'd never do the whole jvlog thing on youtube. My accent isn't terrible. I mean, I pronounce all the sounds correctly and whatever, but I do that thing where I draw out the final syllable of a sentence with a rising intonation, that the Japanese make fun of when doing voice acting for foreign characters. The more I try to prevent it, the more I hear it too.

I don't like non-speakers of Japanese to hear me either. Foreign speakers get accused by their monolingual peers of putting on a voice. We don't. It's just that Japanese has a different pitch, so our voices have to change to sound natural. I know that, but I still feel a bit embarrassed about it sometimes.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Agreed! Foreign accents are always on some point of the scale between cute and sexy! Mind you, I'm shy about my Japanese accent too. It's why I'd never do the whole jvlog thing on youtube. My accent isn't terrible. I mean, I pronounce all the sounds correctly and whatever, but I do that thing where I draw out the final syllable of a sentence with a rising intonation, that the Japanese make fun of when doing voice acting for foreign characters. The more I try to prevent it, the more I hear it too.

I don't like non-speakers of Japanese to hear me either. Foreign speakers get accused by their monolingual peers of putting on a voice. We don't. It's just that Japanese has a different pitch, so our voices have to change to sound natural. I know that, but I still feel a bit embarrassed about it sometimes.
        I know what you mean. I sometimes get embarrassed about my accent in German, too. My boyfriend and some friends say it's barely there and it's pretty much my "r's" and the odd grammar mistake that tip people off that I'm not a native speaker, but sometimes I get really embarrassed about my accent. Every time I try to speak into one of those voice automated phone systems, I have to say things two or three times to get through, and when I'm around new people, I tend to stammer and mumble because I'm shy, and they tend to automatically assume it's because I can't speak German properly. For a shy person, it's kind of hard when that happens, because it makes things that much worse.

Comment

I seriously hate being like this. It drives me up the wall when I actually do lose control over myself. My parents are so neglectful. I shouldn't have to commit mass homicide to get some help. Lol, what 6 year old purposefully tries to drown a rabbit? Idk. I feel like I'm venting but I've been feeling lately like it'd be better if I killed myself. I'm not, but still.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Here's a clip of a lovely Danish accent to make you feel better https://youtu.be/CTozrTpxldM (that guy is our former minister of foreign affairs)
            That sounds... very Danish! But at least it's understandable. (I had a course on Denmark and Danish last semester and everyone was completely devastated about the language even though we didn't have to actually speak it. Danish is a notorious language here.)
            This is how our minister of foreign affairs sounds like: (I still cringe over the fact that he has that ministry. Not exactly the most international-minded guy...)
            Feb 20, 2013#Timo #Soini #Finns #TrueFinns #Finland #Perussuomalaiset #racist #populist #nationalist#nationalism #rightwing #persu #rasismi #rasisti #oikeist...

And then there are these ads:
            --http://elisa.fi/http://elisa.fi/yrityksillehttp://asiakastuki.elisa.fi/http://yritysten-asiakastuki.elisa.fi/https://www.facebook.com/elisasuomihttps://twi...

Ironically, my English course on academic reading skills started today and I had to talk English...
            baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Those who heard me speak English and Hebrew, said I had accent. It's bolder in English though. And at some point I'm proud of it. At some point, I'd like it to be close to British accent.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

We had a foreign affairs minister a few years back who was notorious for his terrible English:
                Noch nicht genug fremdgeschämt? Mehr peinliche Momente findest du auf http://www.omfg.de OMFG.de - krasse, peinliche und intime Stories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkEMoG-Pi5w (Basic gist if you don't speak German...his answer to the BBC reporter's request for an English answer was to answer that they were at a press conference in Germany and that he would only answer questions in German...great job being foreign minister, seriously)

At least our current one is better. He has an accent, but he can express himself clearly and eloquently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fweA-WfIdFI

Comment

May the gods bless whoever decided that the Deadpool coloring book pages needed to be perforated. Just made scanning them in to practice my digital art a LOT easier
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    Those who heard me speak English and Hebrew, said I had accent. It's bolder in English though. And at some point I'm proud of it. At some point, I'd like it to be close to British accent.
                    Your English does have something of a British pronunciation at times.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Just saw this on another forum, hee hee:
                      A man in Russia who identifies himself as a 'pastafarian' has won the right to wear a colander on his head in his driving licence photograph.
                      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                      Genesis lyric

Comment

Alan Rickman is dead... all the good ones are dying lately... sob...
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Yeah, I'd paused the TV so I'm about 20 minutes behind. JP text to tell me, but said 'Snape is dead', to which I replied, 'spoilers'. I figured if it were true, it would have been announced on Loose Women. Then it was announced just as JP replied with 'no Alan Rrrrickman.' Cancer again.. very sad.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh no! He played a great villain, like in Robin Hood and Die Hard.
                            Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                            Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                            And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                            Genesis lyric

Comment

Died at age 69 from cancer. Only a few days since we last heard that sentence
                              he was an awesome villain, but I had a major crush on him the first time I watched sense and sensibility.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I know, right? It's cancer again, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Died at age 69 from cancer. Only a few days since we last heard that sentence
                                he was an awesome villain, but I had a major crush on him the first time I watched sense and sensibility.
                                I love that movie so much. He is a wonderful Colonel Brandon.

Comment

Working...
                                X