X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Anyone who knows about car stuff: If one's HP is 148 @ 6200 RPM, and anothers is 130 @ 6600 RPM, which is better?
    Better for what use? When the maximum rpm for HP is increased the torque and HP at lower RPM is lowered. For all around driving and fuel economy Higher HP at a lower RPM is better but for maximum top speed the HP at higher RPM is better. In your example, you could be talking about the same engine in the same car because as you exceed the maximum HP RPM the HP will drop with the increase in RPM.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

LOL. Yesterday someone told me it's up to me to help my sister with her mood swings and ish. They told me since she won't change things I need to. Lol. That's such bullshit. If she won't help herself why should I even attempt?
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
        LOL. Yesterday someone told me it's up to me to help my sister with her mood swings and ish. They told me since she won't change things I need to. Lol. That's such bullshit. If she won't help herself why should I even attempt?
        Urgh! Usually those people mean well, but it ends up shifting the responsibility from the person doing the behavior to the person having to deal with the behavior, and it's really super unfair and enabling. *hug*

I'm starting a blog, and it's so much harder than I remember :=I:
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
          Urgh! Usually those people mean well, but it ends up shifting the responsibility from the person doing the behavior to the person having to deal with the behavior, and it's really super unfair and enabling. *hug*

I'm starting a blog, and it's so much harder than I remember :=I:
          *hug* It is. Lol, I'm not going to help her. She should help herself first. That person said I obviously didn't want to help and was being a jerk and other bs, lol. They also said because she's moody/bipolar or whatever it is that it kind of excuses her behavior. So I asked since I had mental health issues did that excuse my behavior and they said no. Lmao.

Edit: What kind of blog?
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

They also said because she's moody/bipolar or whatever it is that it kind of excuses her behavior
            I don't want to hijack the thread, but I want to address this: I have many relatives and friends with mental issues, and so therefore I give more chances than almost anyone I know. BUT I only give chances when I know the person is actively trying to get better/deal with their issues. If they are letting themselves lash out and acting like a victim afterwards, I have zero patience. And that's how it sounds with your sister, and you are doing the right thing. Stay strong dear.
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
              I don't want to hijack the thread, but I want to address this: I have many relatives and friends with mental issues, and so therefore I give more chances than almost anyone I know. BUT I only give chances when I know the person is actively trying to get better/deal with their issues. If they are letting themselves lash out and acting like a victim afterwards, I have zero patience. And that's how it sounds with your sister, and you are doing the right thing. Stay strong dear.
              Thanks! She does have a victim mentality. She talks about how she wants to leave and such, and you know, if she wants to leave she can leave. She knows who to get into contact with. She says my mom treats her differently but she doesn't, it's just how she perceives it. If my mom JOKINGLY talks shit and make jokes she'll get upset or get pissed or something like that, but everyone else in the house just laughs it off or says something smart back. That's just how we play. So my Mom would stop joking and messing with her like she does us but then my sister will get upset about. She can't have it both ways. And she's told me she knows how to control herself, just that she chooses not to. When they had her on medication to calm her down(ADHD) she wouldn't take it. I actually really don't like her. I don't understand emotions well and she's really emotional and it just makes me angry.

Comment

I got a pickle in this bag.

*yeah. The liquor store $1 pickle!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Took the day off work tomorrow. I think I might have crammed it full of too much stuff.

Drop dog off at the Vets for dental cleaning
                  Go to dentist myself
                  Hunt down some massage accessories I've been wanting
                  Go to school for outreach event
                  Go to chiropractor for ankle checkup and muscle ultrasound
                  Go home because mom is coming over to get an hour massage
                  Pick up dog from vet somewhere in between.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Girl, how is your ankle?

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                      Better for what use? When the maximum rpm for HP is increased the torque and HP at lower RPM is lowered. For all around driving and fuel economy Higher HP at a lower RPM is better but for maximum top speed the HP at higher RPM is better. In your example, you could be talking about the same engine in the same car because as you exceed the maximum HP RPM the HP will drop with the increase in RPM.
                      Thanks - I'm comparing 2 different vehicles, and these are the figures they list. I'm not sure why the ratings are shown at differing RPM's for different cars; makes it kinda hard to do a real comparison!

So, today is a strange day here in Hawkland. It's my father's birthday (he passed away in 2001 but would be 81 today) and it's also the 10th anniversary of an ex bf's murder.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Whether a part of Peter Pan would make for an alright audition monologue... the book of monologues I ordered last week won't get here in time... the only alternative I can think of (that I can actually get) is shakespeare, and that sounds awful in Danish.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Girl, how is your ankle?
                          Still hurting. Apparently more than it should, at this stage of the healing process. Had a muscular ultrasound on my ankle today (which was way freaking awesome, I can't even put it into proper words) but they are recommending an MRI to get a better diagnosis. The clinic that I get it treated at doesn't have anyone that's certified in ultrasound (only people in training), so what they're suspecting is not an officially accepted diagnosis (but I didn't have to pay for it). However, both the ultrasound and x-rays are leaving us with a mystery that's possibly pointing to OCD (Osteochondritis Dissecans), which is a broken off piece of bone and/or cartilage, in addition to a possibility partially torn ligament.
                          So now I get to play with my primary care physician to see if I can get the MRI run through the insurance.

Oh joy.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

So like a chipped bone,have heard of that before from people I worked with that ran a LOT.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I get squeamish thinking about ankles and bones chipped in ankles. I broke a bone in my foot before. No bueno. You can't exactly put a hold on not walking.

Comment

It's fairly common for racehorses to have bone chips - they do arthroscopic surgery to remove the chip, and I guess the same applies to people. In any case, I hope yours gets better!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X