X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I'm thinking first grade field trips are awesome!
    Sharkbait is in Grade 1 now? Hoooooly. They're gonna be all growed-up by the time I finally make it down to Virginia.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

Thal, I got a new book yesterday. Called "The Invention of Nature" by Andrew Wulf. You should look it up - it's about Alexander Humboldt, and some of his adventures through latin america and Siberia, and how he was the first person to notice the interconnectedness of nature.

I thought of you when I was buying it. I'm only on chapter 2, but it's really good so far. Quote worthy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      I'm thinking larp races are a little.. racist? particularly the bedouin and gypsy ones? Like the bedouin seems more or less factual but why lift a real world ethnic group. Then let's not get started on the romani because the traveller/vagabond type stock character is super appealing but, like I feel a little awful? I'm being assured it's really not racist but, I'm like 90% sure it's actually pretty insensitive.
      What kind of larp? Because that's a pretty wide term. It doesn't have to be racist, if it's a story where those people naturally fit in. Not all larp is in a fantasy world, a lot of campaigns us real life scenarios. One of my friends is running one where we all get to be 14-year-olds at our first party my husband was in a campaign a while back based around 80's culture - they did have some groups that were actively racist because that was part of the story.
      It depends on the campaign...
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I need someone to chat with. I'm also reading "Archangel's Blade"
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I am wondering if Humboldt County in Northern California might have been named for him?

Looked it up,and yes first a river was named after him,then the county after the river.

Info here(WIKI)

Kinda weird,or maybe not
          One is in Nevada and one in Northern Calif.
          Other link(also wiki)

Seems he was well respected among many people.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There was serious discussion of naming California "Humboldt" when it became a state.

Yes, after that fellow.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Calif also honored Audubon,lots of things with his name as I was growing up..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                I'm thinking larp races are a little.. racist? particularly the bedouin and gypsy ones? Like the bedouin seems more or less factual but why lift a real world ethnic group. Then let's not get started on the romani because the traveller/vagabond type stock character is super appealing but, like I feel a little awful? I'm being assured it's really not racist but, I'm like 90% sure it's actually pretty insensitive.
                You can choose to be the race of elf.
                Relax.
                It's just adults playing kid games.
                Everyone gets a pass on make believe.
                I mean that's really the least of larper issues.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When you've dodge as many lightning bolts and thwarted cardboard arrows with Matrix moves every Sunday afternoon then you can question my views on those Elvish bastards.

Comment

Ehm... it's supposed to be sunny and about 9 degrees C today according to the weather forecast. So why is cold white stuff falling from the sky? The other end of the country got 15 cm snow this morning.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      Sharkbait is in Grade 1 now? Hoooooly. They're gonna be all growed-up by the time I finally make it down to Virginia.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

Thal, I got a new book yesterday. Called "The Invention of Nature" by Andrew Wulf. You should look it up - it's about Alexander Humboldt, and some of his adventures through latin america and Siberia, and how he was the first person to notice the interconnectedness of nature.

I thought of you when I was buying it. I'm only on chapter 2, but it's really good so far. Quote worthy.
                      Yeah, and Phee is now half way to 18...it's scary!

The book sounds cool, I'll have to put it on my list for next payday--I'm only allowed to buys as many books as I can read in a 2 week period at a time because we ran out of bookshelf space and need to get more bookshelves.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Had a weird dream last night
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Got a class tomorrow where I'll need the full range of my voice, so naturally I have a cold and a sore throat. Does anyone have some good remedies for sore throat?
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I went for my very first psychic today. She read my palm for $10. She said that I'm honest and trustworthy. I'll do well in my business. But my love life is blocked. She want to help me more for $75. And I told her that I don't have $75. So I paid and I'm not coming back. LOL!

Comment

Watching Fox News(don't judge, it's in the background!) about how state delegates get nominated.
                              Seriously? I'm actually with Trump here. The process is completely convoluted and needs an overhaul.
                              It's like playing Magic the card game. It's full of absolutely trivial rules.

I'm not even sure why vote for president?
                              You need to be voting for delegates and following the magic card rules.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My counselor is not very fond of me. I'm thinking that she feels there's something wrong with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X