This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "From Bob Dylan" Where the name for the radical group "The weathermen came from"

Read here.

We may see something like this if the mood of the mini boomers begins to fester. Only time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

And listen to Subterranean Home Sick Blues
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We just got a new to us refrigerator. The transfer is more complicated than I remember. It feels like some kind of gift from the universe, because our old one was,well, old. It would routinely freeze and defrost no matter how you babied the thermostat. Lettuce was an eat it all the day you bought it affair. There was nearly as much sogginess as using a cooler. The thing is that a working refrigerator for free is a boon to us, because we couldn't afford a new one for a few months. The sad news is that we got it because my brother-in-law lost his house and has to move out NOW. So, Universe, how am I supposed to look at this now?

Comment

I need a new 'fridge, for exactly the reasons you listed about yours.

Been needing it for 8 years... Am learning to like frozen lettuce and tomatoes...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm sending voice messages to people I know on the internet.
          AND I'M CAN HEAR THEIR VOICES.

This must be how people felt when telephones were invented.
          This makes me think about our short lived tinychat days. We should do that again sometime.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            I need a new 'fridge, for exactly the reasons you listed about yours.

Been needing it for 8 years... Am learning to like frozen lettuce and tomatoes...
            Yeah.We were pretty resigned to only sturdy vegetables .Also there was the joy of "What's that noise?" "I think the fridge just peed on the floor." "Oh. Huh."

Comment

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

LOL - yup. Can't ever be sure if the river is from the 'fridge or the dog.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Our last fridge had the door fall off. Mr Penry used to kick it back into place with his size 12 steel toe capped rigger boots and declare there was nothing wrong with it...
                  Our home comforts are now descending the drain. No central heating, no hot running water, no proper cooker (using a halogen oven at the moment for the past year), no shower, no bath (and before you ask, that means washing down in the washing up bowl). A bit like my childhood then...
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You "could" rent your place out as an artisanal living atmosphere and of course charge extravagant rent for the chance to experience true connection to the past.

- - - Updated - - -

You know,airB&B

- - - Updated - - -

They call me MR. spin,the doctor of hype.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      You "could" rent your place out as an artisanal living atmosphere and of course charge extravagant rent for the chance to experience true connection to the past.

- - - Updated - - -

You know,airB&B

- - - Updated - - -

They call me MR. spin,the doctor of hype.
                      Brilliant!
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Snow! Kinda late. I think I'm excited. The wind is a bit howly to be sure about that though. It might be settling in enough for actual shoveling.

Comment

I want snow!!!!!!! I am so ready for it. They were forecasting snow for Saturday and now its gone. Bring on the snow!
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My journalism students are going to write an editorial about Steve Bannon and the alt-right. This may be the one that gets me fired...

Doing the research looks dangerous, but real world is real world.
                            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 18 Nov 2016, 10:19.

Comment

Truth be truth,and better to research truth in the world,than to just go along to get along.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Truth be truth,and better to research truth in the world,than to just go along to get along.
                                That's my thinking, too. Unfortunately, the pursuit of truth often offends those who don't want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X