This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 Posts.

Well, I just realized I hit a thousand posts. Something I haven't done on a forum before.... Ever actually.

I appreciate this place a lot, and all of you here.

Its still very ironic I hang out here, but this is one of the most accepting places on the internet I know of, and I feel more at home here than on any other website.

So, thank you to the mods and all the other members here for making this place what it is.

Also, being that I've been here a year now, there are plenty of newbies who were not here for my introduction, so this thread can double as a "ask Mal anything" thread :P.

Hope to keep chatting with all of you long into the future!
    -Mal
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: 1000 Posts.

It's very good to here you enjoy the place, Mal!
    So, during your time being here, how has your view on the world changed?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Congrats hon!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        It's very good to here you enjoy the place, Mal!
        So, during your time being here, how has your view on the world changed?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SIR_GERAINT - WIN_20140405_160337.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	352290
        Well that's a very good question *puts on glasses from 10th Doctor Costume that have no lenses*!

I've become a much more open minded person, I think that's fair to say. I'm not going to lie, there were many belief systems I've looked down on quite a bit in my life, nowadays much less so. There are also many many I romanticized with stereotypes, and I have come to see people more for how they treat others than their belief system.

There area also lots of stereotypes I had about Neo-Pagans, such as that they were all liberals. I was very very very surprised when I learned there were Pro-Life Pagans because I had honestly assumed that was a Christian phenomenon. I've since learned that people of all faiths can have massively variant beliefs that cover all sorts of spectrums.

I've also changed in that I am much more a believer in the power of love between two people, and yet have also become more pessimistic about people in general lol....

Comment

Thanks, Malflick!
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm pretty new here, but still congratulations on hitting 1000 posts! :^^:
            What got you interested in Paganism, and how has your view of Paganism changed from when you joined the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
              I'm pretty new here, but still congratulations on hitting 1000 posts! :^^:
              What got you interested in Paganism, and how has your view of Paganism changed from when you joined the forum?
              Thank you LunarHarvest . I didn't so much get interested in Paganism, as get interested in a Pagan.

I fell in love with a woman I know, who I ironically met at Chapel at college. She'd been in the Broom Closet, and when she came out of it and told me she was a Pagan, I realized I needed to learn more about it. I skimmed the internet for forums, and eventually found this one. While I was doing research on my own and asking her questions about her faith, I also asked questions here about how to best respect her faith and treat her well. I wasn't intending to stick around, frankly. I thought I'd be here for a week at most. After all, I'm a devout Christian, and this place is called Pagan forum :P! But I just... Loved it here. And I never left. Eventually, that woman and I started dating, and we've been together for over a year now . I got her to join this forum after a time (her user name is Nightingale) and we're very happy in our interfaith relationship!

My view of Paganism has changed lots. I got off to a very bad start with my perceptions of it, as the only Pagan I knew was in fact one of the most annoying, spoiled, selfish and bothersome people at my College.... But I quickly learned she was a bad egg. I said some things about Paganism because of her I regret to Nightingale back when I thought she was Christian, and I have since apologized for profusely.
              While I have no interest in becoming Pagan myself, I greatly respect the beliefs of those who chose to follow that path now, as long as they don't hurt others with it .

I've changed immensely lol....

Comment

I smiled heartily reading this. All of the better things to your soul, Malflick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                  I smiled heartily reading this. All of the better things to your soul, Malflick!
                  Thank you Ektor ^_^. I wish the same for all of you!

Comment

Working...
                  X