This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A conversation with God

Ok so I want to share this story and of course to hear your responses about it.
    This story was told to me by my friend recently. I like it.
    So here I go:

"In his dream, a man saw God.
    "Come in" said God. "So you want to talk with me?"
    "If you have time for me." Replied the man.
    God smiled and said: "My time is eternal and is enough to do everything. What is it that you want to ask?"
    M: "What surprises you more than anything else in people?"
    G: "What surprises me most, is that they are bored of being children, hurry to become adults and then want to be children again. They lose their health in order to earn money and then lose their money to regain their health. They constantly think about their future without paying attention to the present, thus don't live neither in the present, nor in the future."
    The two were sitting for some time without talking, so the man asked God:
    "As their parent, what would you like them to learn?"
    G (smiling): "I want them to learn that the truly precious things are not their properties, but the people they love; that it is wrong to compare themselves to others; that the most rich person isn't the one with lots of money, but the one that needs the least; that it takes minutes to hurt a close person and years to heal the wound; that there are people that love them but don't know how to express their love; that money can buy everything except happiness; that a true friend is the one that know lots about them and still loves them for it; that it's not enough to win others' excuse, but to excuse theirselves also."

The man was sitting, listening to God and enjoying the meeting. Finally, the man thanked God for his time and everything He has done for his (man's) family.
    God replied: "I am here 24 hours a week, all you have to do is to call me and I will answer. Oh and one more thing - people will forget your deeds, sayings. But they will never forget how you made them feel...""

So, what do you think? In my opinion it's true in some point. So I thank all the members of Pagan Forum for being so awesome as you are

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.
    Also, I tell people here things that I don't share with my relatives and I am glad to have such an opportunity.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: A conversation with God

As entertainment, it was a bit anticlimactic, but it did hit me in the feels a little bit. Of course it's true. Any thinking person who cares for things that go beyond materialism and superficiality knows that.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

"What surprises me most, is that they are bored of being children, hurry to become adults and then want to be children again. They lose their health in order to earn money and then lose their money to regain their health. They constantly think about their future without paying attention to the present, thus don't live neither in the present, nor in the future."

Wasn't that said by the Dalai Lama?

Comment

Maybe, not that I know about it.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Apparently God likes to plagirise Maya Angelou
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Jesus Christ, God, stop copying everything!

Really nice story :P I liked it, but I think I've heard it before, or at least the quotes from God...

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

O noes, I was fooled by plagiarism? Put me in front of a firing squad.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

thats a great saying although i think it was said by a buddhist .
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                  thats a great saying although i think it was said by a buddhist .
                  It makes sense, as God is a buddhist monkey with a hippo face.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

But I always thought God was Buddhist Monk with a hippie face!

Comment

Originally posted by tariq.amin
                      nice one . i like it. this is a great entertainment
                      I'm glad you like it. This story has changed a bit my view on things.

Comment

"God loves you because He is God! Not because what you have or haven't done." - anonymous.
                        In some cases it's true, in others it's not. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          "God loves you because He is God! Not because what you have or haven't done." - anonymous.
                          In some cases it's true, in others it's not. What do you think?
                          Depends on the god. If we're talking about the Christian one then that's sort of the whole selling point (when his followers aren't screwing it up with threats of eternal damnation for silly shit). Others may be more picky.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                          X