This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos Magick

Post anything from spells, rituals, and incantations to general thoughts about Chaos Magick and its inner-workings.

Re: Chaos Magick

Are you looking for specific information? Seems kind of a broad range to address in one topic. Are you looking for ideas or what is the general hope of accomplishment here...? Is this just a general Chaos Magic(k) dump?
    In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

All I know about Chaos Magick is that it requires advanced magickal knowledge, a well conditioned mind, and a suspension of disbelief. I read that it also involves dark psychic energies (although there are things like wards that can protect against them). It's definitely not something for beginners, that's for sure. And if in doubt, there are much safer forms of magick that do pretty much the same thing.
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
        All I know about Chaos Magick is that it requires advanced magickal knowledge, a well conditioned mind, and a suspension of disbelief. I read that it also involves dark psychic energies (although there are things like wards that can protect against them). It's definitely not something for beginners, that's for sure. And if in doubt, there are much safer forms of magick that do pretty much the same thing.
        Can you share the source, please? I have figured out that knowing more about the topic will help many of us dealing with such things.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Can you share the source, please? I have figured out that knowing more about the topic will help many of us dealing with such things.
          There isn't really one source I got all my info from. But the best way to learn about chaos magick is from the Occult Corpus forum. It's really hard to get membership (or maybe it just takes a while for someone to approve an account), but there's plenty of reference there.
          What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
            There isn't really one source I got all my info from. But the best way to learn about chaos magick is from the Occult Corpus forum. It's really hard to get membership (or maybe it just takes a while for someone to approve an account), but there's plenty of reference there.
            I've been a member there for a number of years. There's some pretty interesting discussions that go on - but there are also some pretty big egos in there, too.

I personally enjoy the works of Peter Carroll on the subject:

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
              I've been a member there for a number of years. There's some pretty interesting discussions that go on - but there are also some pretty big egos in there, too.

I personally enjoy the works of Peter Carroll on the subject:

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/carroll.php
              Thanks, Torey
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

It seems like everybody believes chaos magic is like the big bad wolf of the magic world, but it is really a system for creating your own personal path in magic, combining, breaking down, and even changing different traditional paths to suit your own needs. You create your own unique style of magic that suits you using nontraditional and unorthodox methods. One does need a good understanding of different magical systems to be able to conform it to their own personal viewpoint, but dark energies are only called when needed and don't have to be used at all. There are some things that are chaos magic in nature, sigil magic is considered to be something inherently chaotic, but chaos magic is really just something that a magician, a chaote, finds comfortable for themselves within this menagerie of different traditions, religions, and philosophies.

Comment

Shrug, I've never seen chaos magic as a big bad wolf. Flexible, sure. Potentially hillarious, it's the only system to date allows me to threaten the summoning of Toons with a straight face but otherwise it's just a system.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Shrug, I've never seen chaos magic as a big bad wolf. Flexible, sure. Potentially hillarious, it's the only system to date allows me to threaten the summoning of Toons with a straight face but otherwise it's just a system.
                    Hahaha, I keep imagining someone summoning the animaniacs

Comment

Working...
                    X