This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Perspective on the prophecy in Harry Potter

I can't quote since it's a giant picture, and I don't want to paste the whole thing, either. But read what's being said in that link. It's an interesting perspective. I'll let a few of you read and post what you think before I toss out my two cents.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Different Perspective on the prophecy in Harry Potter

I'm amused but he did die once at Riddle's hand (for a given value of die). Therefore, each did die at the other's hand. I'd say that closes the prophecy and negates the protection/curse inherent in it.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

that would have been a nifty way to end the series... Though turning Harry into Captain Jack Harkness would be an odd end lol....
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Or, someone could return to the past using that necklace of Hermione, kill Tom Riddle in the orphan house and that's it. No Voldemort, no scar on Harry's forehead.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Or, someone could return to the past using that necklace of Hermione, kill Tom Riddle in the orphan house and that's it. No Voldemort, no scar on Harry's forehead.
          The problem with that is A-you'd have to go back 50 years from when the series takes place, and B-all of the time turners were destroyed during Order of the Phoenix
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I can't disagree with it.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              The problem with that is A-you'd have to go back 50 years from when the series takes place, and B-all of the time turners were destroyed during Order of the Phoenix
              It would suggest that the transportation cabinets were all supposed to be destroyed as well yet there is one in Hogwarts and one in Knock turn Alley. One might even consider the room of Requirement and the need to have one. Would the room then provide it?
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
              X